Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

BlackBox Tools: Admin Camera

Post New Thread Reply   

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2008 , 17:37   Re: BlackBox Tools: Admin Camera
Reply With Quote #11

Oh right....cause you can use it while in game huh?

Hum....what if you make the trigger for public (non-admins) only allow from being in spectate mode and not in game? But admins only would still be able to use it in game. Would that work.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2008 , 17:40   Re: BlackBox Tools: Admin Camera
Reply With Quote #12

The only thing (from what I've seen) is that this *SHOULD NOT* (from my point of view) be used as an anti-cheating tool, as it does *NOT* place players into a spectate mode, but a visual mode applied to another player's eyes (the models to be specific). It is *NOT* a good way to watch for aim hacks or wall hacks as it will not be an accurate representation of where the player is aiming and how. I've been trying to see if there's a way to force true spectate view (and so far haven't found anything).

Approved tho.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2008 , 17:45   Re: BlackBox Tools: Admin Camera
Reply With Quote #13

If what you are looking for as far as a normal player mode goes, I could definitely add something that would give a "snap" effect to spectator mode for clients. When the player your set to spectate dies, it does something, then when they respawn it automatically snaps back to them.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2008 , 17:45   Re: BlackBox Tools: Admin Camera
Reply With Quote #14

I see. : /

I guess I need to try it out first before I start posting ideas on it heh. ANyways, this may not be the plugin for that then. I wish someone would make it though, cause thats such a helpful feature and mani has had that forever.......ive been wanting an auto-observe spectate plugin for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
If what you are looking for as far as a normal player mode goes, I could definitely add something that would give a "snap" effect to spectator mode for clients. When the player your set to spectate dies, it does something, then when they respawn it automatically snaps back to them.
Yes thats exactly what I mean. When they die in normal spectate mode, it should go to black screen or something, I dunno....something like that so its not specing other players....

If you could also have it display the persons name and steamid who are being spectated, that would also be a sick feature.....and extremely helpful.

Last edited by retsam; 12-10-2008 at 17:49.
spelworm
Old 12-15-2008 , 10:24   Re: BlackBox Tools: Admin Camera
Reply With Quote #15

Hello
Is this designed to work on CSS ? tried to run it but it would just put the view on some spot and stand still and sometimes spinned a bit

also not really sure how to put in the command . !bb_observeclient #67 , !bb_observeclient 67 , !bb_observeclient # 67
say 67 is the userid of some person
Also do you have to be in spectator or be alive when try it ?

and what sourcemod version is required since it works with l4d.
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2008 , 10:12   Re: BlackBox Tools: Admin Camera
Reply With Quote #16

This plugin really doesnt have a requires SM version. It should work with any of the latest SMs probably dating back to 1.0.4 atleast. Did you try the Admin menu? If you just wanted to use the command in the chatbox it would be !bb_observeclient 67, although 67 seems like a very high UserID. Definitely give it a try with the admin menu instead as I have had problems with the UserID list that prints out when you type status before in other plugins. Also, this plugin is to be used when your alive as it binds your vision to the players eyes.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2008 , 03:56   Re: BlackBox Tools: Admin Camera
Reply With Quote #17

Its fun when you spectate yourself. Feels like your in bioshock. ATM its not really good for aimbot like you said but its a good start.

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2008 , 04:59   Re: BlackBox Tools: Admin Camera
Reply With Quote #18

Its not but, all he would have to do is have an admin menu that toggles between spec modes.

Which he is clearly already working on. I cant wait. This plugin will rockzor when it does.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2008 , 05:14   Re: BlackBox Tools: Admin Camera
Reply With Quote #19

but whats really important is that when the person dies it spectates them again when they respawn.

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2008 , 05:53   Re: BlackBox Tools: Admin Camera
Reply With Quote #20

Yes I know, thats the whole reason I want the plugin in the first place and why I want the alternate mode for specing players from within spectator for demo purposes. If that happens, this plugin would be so incredibly useful for any admins.

I admin 3 TF2 servers. I catch aimboters, and cheaters on a weekly basis. You know how much easier my life would be(as well as many others) with those capabilities.