Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

Sev
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2011 , 18:43   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #481

I'd like for someone to take over this plugin of the active coders left in this community and either improve upon Bill much like the coders at Simian Cage have done on their private setup or remove Bill and make him model only for the Character select plugin.

I mean ya there is a slight chance that mi is revising this plugin but considering he came back recently to downsize the infected bot plugin and ONLY that plugin kinda tells me his time and/or commitment to this plugin is close to done.

So again, I'd like either.

1. Improve the coding of Bill
2. Remove Bill and keep him model only.
Trunten
Old 05-02-2011 , 03:36   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #482

Agreed, and the older version someone was kind enough to attach earlier doesn't seem to have all 8 show up when it's used, unless I'm missing something. I'm sure this 2.5 version could be customized further, surely there's someone who knows who could help us.

Like Sev, all I'd like is to know if there's a way to open it up and edit it to disable/remove Bill... I've seen this plug-in work different ways with different options. I just want to know if all survivors can be available all of the time, as well as a way to take out Bill if desired.

I've also seen it behave differently on the same maps on different servers. I'd load up a campaign on one server with this plug-in... have all 8 survivors available. Later, go back and load the same campaign again, but on a different server using the same plug-in, and only see a set of 4 survivors available. So what does this mean? Different versions or different configurations? It was the same maps with the same plug-in but on different servers. And yes, at those times I'm sure it was 2.5, but I don 't know if it was a or b, but it was the latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I'd like for someone to take over this plugin of the active coders left in this community and either improve upon Bill much like the coders at Simian Cage have done on their private setup or remove Bill and make him model only for the Character select plugin.

I mean ya there is a slight chance that mi is revising this plugin but considering he came back recently to downsize the infected bot plugin and ONLY that plugin kinda tells me his time and/or commitment to this plugin is close to done.

So again, I'd like either.

1. Improve the coding of Bill
2. Remove Bill and keep him model only.
Trunten
Old 05-14-2011 , 14:21   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckster View Post
Here is the 2.5a plugin minus Bill in the menu. Works like a charm. Rather have 3 of the 4 and never worry about a crash, then my favorite character Bill. Enjoy!
Thank you. I'll pass it along to my server admin friend and see how it works.

Do the other survivors still show up (Coach, Ellis, Nick, Rochelle)?

My idea was 7 out of 8... because like I said earlier, I guess it depends on the overall server setup... sometimes I get the full list, sometimes I get half, but for the times they'd all show, I'd like to make sure both sets are available.
Trunten
Old 05-15-2011 , 18:56   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #484

Thank you! Hopefully this also helps others.

Quote:
It has 7 of the 8 just like you and I wanted. Edited the .sp file with Notepad++. Found the menu entries for Bill and deleted them. Voila! Happy playing with Louis, Francis, and Zoey!
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2011 , 14:16   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #485

Quote:
Here is the 2.5a plugin minus Bill in the menu. Works like a charm. Rather have 3 of the 4 and never worry about a crash, then my favorite character Bill. Enjoy!
You seem to have taken an interest in the plugin.

Would you mind finding a way to allow L4D2 survivor voices and model on maps with L4D1 survivors as the base?

This has been done on servers I've seen. Just not updated for public use.

Though it its too hard or your not that skilled, its fine.
songpal
Old 06-02-2011 , 15:01   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #486

Quote:
Here is the 2.5a plugin minus Bill in the menu. I have included the "source code" aka original source code with deleted lines. Works like a charm. Rather have 3 of the 4 and never worry about a crash, then my favorite character Bill. Enjoy!
work no crash no error
Trunten
Old 06-02-2011 , 15:11   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #487

Thanks, Huck.

Now, I'm fairly new to Source Mod, and can only go by experiences I get from other friends who are more experienced than myself.

So my next question is, will any sort of "config" need edited to make damn sure it works as intended?

If I understand Source Mod and plug ins correctly, there's usually additional "config" files for plug ins on servers?

And does it matter if the server is Linux or Windows? I'm wondering if that was why I experienced that ordeal I mentioned earlier, or just the way the config on that server was at the time.

Quote:
Here is the 2.5a plugin minus Bill in the menu. I have included the "source code" aka original source code with deleted lines. Works like a charm. Rather have 3 of the 4 and never worry about a crash, then my favorite character Bill. Enjoy!
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2011 , 07:00   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #488

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdone View Post
Here u go man, this SHOULD be version 2.2...U are lucky, I had this in my recycle bin (I really dunno which version is it though...could be 2.3 too)
If we could get the adding L4D1 survivor bots feature of this version combined with the 2.5a current version. That would probably be the best version of this plugin that IS NOT the simian cage version.
Keresty
Old 06-28-2011 , 14:53   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #489

l4dcsm_a and l4dcsm_b
error:
Quote:
if (!IsModelPrecached("models/infected/common_male_jimmy.mdl.mdl")) PrecacheModel("models/infected/common_male_jimmy.mdl.mdl", false);
Trunten
Old 07-03-2011 , 00:13   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #490

What's a "game data" file, and where do I get this, or what needs done with it, for this plug-in to work correctly to show all of the survivors? I've been told this is needed but I'm not sure where to get it or what to do with it.