Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CSGO] No Steam logon error, code 6

Post New Thread Reply   

Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-26-2012 , 05:31   [CSGO] No Steam logon error, code 6
Reply With Quote #1

Anyone know what causes this to happen? This occured 3 times yesterday, around 7/8 people got this error and got disconnected at same time, and about 20 seconds later about 4/5 people timed out on the server - also at the same time. Is this a valve bug? Its annoying as it cleared most of my server.

That STeam logon error used to happen frequently when I used to run a TF2 server last server, and I never found out what caused it. This is the first time its happened again on a large scale and we have had the servef for just over a month.

Last edited by Nolongerinthegame; 08-26-2012 at 05:34.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2012 , 06:14   Re: [CSGO] No Steam logon error, code 6
Reply With Quote #2

Been getting this "no steam logon, code 6" error frequently since the start of august on my L4D2 server. Just before map change the server becomes unresponsive for 20-40 seconds and all most all clients are disconnected when the server comes back again. All cause of this no steam logon code 6 error. I belive valve did something in august because it's currently a problem in CSGO, TF2 and L4D2. It's been reported on the valve forums and at serveral other places, like here: http://www.l4dnation.com/l4d2-discus...r-crash-issues
http://www.l4dnation.com/l4d2-discus...1310/#msg11310

I think the best way to get this fixed would be to send valve emails. I sent one a few days ago but I've sent them so many emails and honestly they haven't read any of them so we need to send them more reports.
This is a problem because the server freezes whenever a no steam logon code 6 error happens, atleast on L4D2.

Last edited by Visual77; 08-26-2012 at 06:48.
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-28-2012 , 02:54   Re: [CSGO] No Steam logon error, code 6
Reply With Quote #3

Happened again this morning. Server full , suddenly about 60% of server get that code 6 error, then 20 seconds later, the rest get a timed out error

This error happened only 4 rounds in

This is for CSGO in my case, anyone else having problems with CSGO?
away000
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2014 , 20:04   Re: [CSGO] No Steam logon error, code 6
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelioneil View Post
Happened again this morning. Server full , suddenly about 60% of server get that code 6 error, then 20 seconds later, the rest get a timed out error

This error happened only 4 rounds in

This is for CSGO in my case, anyone else having problems with CSGO?
I'm having the same issue, csgo win.