0% 

Anyway server rates Clients

Post New Thread Reply   

wrecked_
Veteran Member
Old 01-23-2010 , 12:22   Re: Anyway server rates Clients
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Yo Romania, what are you trying to do here? You're trying to justify slowhacking?
Address him by his name, this is a multi-ethnical, multi-racial, and multi-country forum.

Quote:
Are you idiot? since when optimizing players rates is slow hacking?
If you do it without their permission, it's slow hacking. Regardless as to whether it's helping or killing their rates.
aaalll
Old 01-23-2010 , 12:38   Re: Anyway server rates Clients
Reply With Quote #32

You enter on a private domain and this says all, you dont have any type of rights you have only privileges
wrecked_
Veteran Member
Old 01-23-2010 , 12:47   Re: Anyway server rates Clients
Reply With Quote #33

If you're going to use that logic:

The server you are entering is using AMX Mod X. This forum is the main and largest supporter / developer of AMX Mod X. The developers and supporters of AMX Mod X have created the very important rule and constantly support this rule. By definition, what you're trying to do is considered slow hacking and it is illegal. It is a privilege to be allowed to use AMX Mod X. Any illegal use of the product that they have produced can and will result in a ban. We're not saying you can't do it, we're saying if you DO do it, then you'll be banned and have no support with your AMX Mod X. You have no rights on this forum when you're banned.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2010 , 08:48   Re: Anyway server rates Clients
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaalll View Post
Are you idiot? since when optimizing players rates is slow hacking?

I have been forcing client rates on my servers since the first plugin was created that could do it, and i will say it one last time, Forcing client rates is the only way to go if you want your clients to be playing on a level playing field and you also want really good consistant hitreg.

I get tired of hearing other people say its slow hacking. that's total BS. slowhacking is the miss use or changing of a clients cvars for bad purposes. What good server admins are attempting to do is too make their servers run more smoothly and even out the bandwidth for all players connected to the server.

I have proven for over 4 years that it works and apparently other admins know this as well. So far this is the best plugin you can use to do that but since that lame steam update, it no longer allows the admin to lock the client cvars.

cvarguard
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 02-01-2010 at 08:51.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 02-01-2010 , 11:47   Re: Anyway server rates Clients
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUGHOLD View Post
I get tired of hearing other people say its slow hacking. that's total BS. slowhacking is the miss use or changing of a clients cvars for bad purposes. What good server admins are attempting to do is too make their servers run more smoothly and even out the bandwidth for all players connected to the server.
Slowhacking is the changing of client configs without the client's permission for any reason. While changing client's rates to help them is a nice gesture, it is still slowhacking.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2010 , 10:01   Re: Anyway server rates Clients
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
Slowhacking is the changing of client configs without the client's permission for any reason. While changing client's rates to help them is a nice gesture, it is still slowhacking.
Nope your wrong.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 02-02-2010 , 10:07   Re: Anyway server rates Clients
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUGHOLD View Post
Nope your wrong.
Explain how I am wrong. This has been the definition of slowhacking on these forums since day 1 AFAIK.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
One shot dont miss!
Old 02-02-2010 , 20:15   Re: Anyway server rates Clients
Reply With Quote #38

While i agree that changing someones rates without their permissions is wrong, i really don't agree with the definition.

Slowhacking (slow)(hacking) - I would assume that it means that your hacking to slow something or someone. (But you know what assuming does...makes an ass out of you and me). Not changing the rates for the better, because if your changing for the better your aiming for "faster", again just assuming.

Maybe we should call it.... clienthacking, or clientcvarhacking, or ratehacking.

Anyway bottom line is: ALWAYS ask the client for their permission to change anything on their side.... such as rates.

Last edited by One shot dont miss!; 02-02-2010 at 20:19.
xtinct
Old 02-03-2010 , 03:43   Re: Anyway server rates Clients
Reply With Quote #39

Nope to Worry!

I think 'CVAR Checker' can do it all, what you want.

Just enter the cvars that you want that the Clients need to have and you're ready to go.
When a client connects with a mismatched CVAR, he is shown a menu asking whether to Incerase that Particular Value or not.
Quote:
If Yes! Go Enjoy
or Else Get ur ass Kicked

Here's the Link:
forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=18377

1 crab has been found and delivered my me.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2010 , 11:18   Re: Anyway server rates Clients
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
Explain how I am wrong. This has been the definition of slowhacking on these forums since day 1 AFAIK.

The reason everyone calls it slowhacking is because the first slowhack plugin slowed the player down and bound all of their keys to kill. Slow and or hacking is an incorrect terminology.

I guess if your just talking about what the definition of slowhacking is on these forums. But i don't see how and admin using cvarguard or any other type of plugin to change fps_max from 72 to 99 on someones client can be called hacking of any kind.

Hacking is defined as accessing a clients pc without the clients permission. I can see how it can look that way because someone made a plugin to slowhack players configs but just like guns or bombs, the tool can be used for good and it really does work very well.

I suggest if you run a HLDS that you at least test forcing rates. You and your clients will see an immediate difference in hitreg and you will start getting comments on how smooth the server is performing. I have tested my theory and i would never run HLDs without at least forcing rates and anti cheat cvars. Just an FYI. ;)

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 02-03-2010 at 11:23.