12% 

Forlix DeadChat

Post New Thread Reply   

Forlix
Old 08-07-2009 , 07:33   Re: Forlix DeadChat
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
Looking at the code it looks like the original message would still get sent through, producing two final messages. Can someone test the plugin out and tell me if it sends only the one message or not?
If you take a closer look, you'll notice that messages are only relayed to alive players, and only if the sending player is dead, so there can by definition be no duplicate messages. Besides, the plugin is already in use on several servers working perfectly
Send a message via ICQ to Forlix Send a message via MSN to Forlix
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-10-2009 , 09:18   Re: Forlix DeadChat
Reply With Quote #12

Plugin is nice, but experiencing double talk at random times (I havn't been able to narrow down a specific scenario that causes it, but it happens repeatedly).
Forlix
Old 08-10-2009 , 13:20   Re: Forlix DeadChat
Reply With Quote #13

I haven't experienced this at all, try to narrow it down. Are you running any other plugins that do stuff with the chat?
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-10-2009 , 14:22   Re: Forlix DeadChat
Reply With Quote #14

It's easier for me to use an old deadchat plugin I modified then to debug someone else's work, sorry. It doesn't seem to occur everytime a player talks, but community members have reported it happening during the following situations:
  • Dead T using team chat
  • Dead CT regular team chat
  • Spec using regular and team chat
Those situations pretty much have it happening every couple of minutes, so I'm not sure what's going on with the plugin. I didn't factor into the equation possible gags, so that may have a factor on it as well (server has custom scripts that allow persistant gagging/silencing across multiple servers). In any case, this is happening on CS:S servers with the latest stable version of SM installed (1.2.1?).

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 08-10-2009 at 14:25.
Forlix
Old 08-14-2009 , 15:03   Re: Forlix DeadChat
Reply With Quote #15

I've been running a debug plugin the past couple of days, which specifically looks for duplicate messages, and none have turned up at all.
There must be some compatibility issue with the other plugins you're running and the only thing I could imagine causing this is duplicate player_say events being fired after a say-command, for some reason. If thats the case it should be fixed now (I'm not urging you to try again if you don't feel like it)
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-14-2009 , 15:14   Re: Forlix DeadChat
Reply With Quote #16

Thanks for looking into the issue. I'll try the plugin again after I smite EventScripts and ESTools from my server, albeit I don't know when that'll happen given the 5000 lines of code I have to find a way to convert.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-14-2009 , 16:23   Re: Forlix DeadChat
Reply With Quote #17

I mentioned this before, but I never really got a response. The code looks like it should always send two messages. You never return Plugin_Handled on the event, so the original message is never blocked.
Forlix
Old 08-14-2009 , 16:53   Re: Forlix DeadChat
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
I mentioned this before, but I never really got a response. The code looks like it should always send two messages. You never return Plugin_Handled on the event, so the original message is never blocked.
Well, in a way it's supposed to send two messages:
Lets say we have a dead player sending a chat message using the say-command. This causes a player_say event to be fired, and the server at the same time sends the message as a SayText2 usermessage, recipients being all dead players.
Now this plugin, within the event, finds out all alive players (which, because they are alive, did not get this message, otherwise we wouldn't need this plugin) and relays he message to them. No one gets the message twice, its simply two SayText2 messages, each with a different set of recipients - the original to all dead players, and the one created by this plugin, to the rest of the players.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-14-2009 , 19:43   Re: Forlix DeadChat
Reply With Quote #19

Ah, I see. I looked at the code a while back and must have missed that you only send it to alive players. I use a somewhat different method for my DeadChat plugin (look in the other DeadChat thread where I attached it - although I've modified it since then) and I block the original message and resend it to everyone who should see it.
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-13-2009 , 22:22   Re: Forlix DeadChat
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlix View Post
I didnt test this because I dont use the SourceMod admin stuff, but I'm pretty sure that it works. If the message of the dead player does not appear in chat, no matter what the reason, it wont be made visible elsewhere by this plugin.
Did you ever test this? I'm mentioning it this time because I made a solution in my plugin and figured I'd offer it up if it doesn't work for you.
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus