Post New Thread Reply   

SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2006 , 13:13   Re: Auto Round Restart [autorr] - v1.0 - 2006-06-29
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=STN=- MaGe
you played cs_assault before?

you ever seen the back door not open/ be locked?

well i have not either, but it happens.
Oddly enough... I believe this has nothing to do with the plugin whatsoever.. but ok?

@pulpy

I will work on adding this immediately and update this post when version 1.1 with your request has been added.. oddly enough that request was in one of the original request links listed above but I must have browsed through and missed it or forgot about it or created switch all in place of it, neglecting to meet exactly what the request was.. either way I will add this option now.. I wil update when this has been done.

-SubStream
pulpy
Old 07-05-2006 , 16:06   Re: Auto Round Restart [autorr] - v1.0 - 2006-06-29
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=STN=- MaGe
you played cs_assault before?

you ever seen the back door not open/ be locked?

well i have not either, but it happens.
actually i have, havent recently, but i've seen it happen def before this plugin, and once on my server again before plugin. We'll see about the locking doors tho with the update
Old 07-05-2006 , 17:51   Re: Auto Round Restart [autorr] - v1.1 - 2006-07-05
Reply With Quote #13

pulpy just letting you know version 1.1 is updated and has the "Spec n' Choose" option that I had forgot or overlooked to put in. Thank you for reminding me--it seems to be a great addition and is literally exactly like a map change without actually having a map change. Hope you like it.

-SubStream
pulpy
Old 07-05-2006 , 18:06   Re: Auto Round Restart [autorr] - v1.1 - 2006-07-05
Reply With Quote #14

Im not at home right now, but once i get my new server box all set up, and my servers installed i'll give er a shot, thx
Old 07-05-2006 , 19:44   Re: Auto Round Restart [autorr] - v1.1 - 2006-07-05
Reply With Quote #15

Good Stuff, good code, tested on server for de_dust works. I like.
DarkSnow
Old 07-06-2006 , 02:41   Re: Auto Round Restart [autorr] - v1.1 - 2006-07-05
Reply With Quote #16

Nice All i can think of for you to add now is that it announces the last round, and possibly create a "say roundsleft" function (and override say timeleft?)
Old 07-06-2006 , 08:51   Re: Auto Round Restart [autorr] - v1.2 - 2006-07-06
Reply With Quote #17

Works nice and good at all on my 24h dust2 csdm server.

One thing to add could be an timelimit with using mp_timelimit or by setting an #define with its own internal timecounter (mp_timelimit could possibly lead into an mapchange and I want to hide the limit from hlsw because it could be confusing a bit on a 24h onemapserver) which changes the map after a certain time with the option to wait for the end of round (waiting for new round can be long on csdm) or do an hard roundrestart when the timelimit is hit.

I edited the plugin already a bit (used to much switch? *g*) for my needs because my podbots are bugging a bit with the /switchall code.

The cvar autorr_switchmode got added.

autorr_switchmode <0|1|2|3>
Switchmethod for /switchall

* 0: Default (Set_User_Team & Reset_User_Model)
* 1: Same as above + kill every player
* 2: Same as 0 but kill all bots and send client_cmd fullupdate to them
* 3: Same as 0 but even sends server_cmd sv_restart 2

Default is 0

In switchmode 0 and 2 the bots doesn't seem to realize there team got changed. Some of them are doing teamattacks and looking a bit confused at all. I think sending fullupdate doesn't work but how about doing spawn() twice? Any other ideads or should I send a bugreport to the maker of podbot?

Running Plugins & Settings || Server Homepage + Customstuff || HLSW
WebSVN || Anon SVN || German Hompage Take a look at the Pluginlinklist

Last edited by TheRising; 07-09-2006 at 09:28.
Send a message via ICQ to TheRising
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2006 , 11:14   Re: Auto Round Restart [autorr] - v1.2 - 2006-07-06
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSnow
Nice All i can think of for you to add now is that it announces the last round, and possibly create a "say roundsleft" function (and override say timeleft?)
I'll add CVARS for optional messages for last round and the roundsleft option in the next release
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRising
One thing to add could be an timelimit with using mp_timelimit or by setting an #define with its own internal timecounter (mp_timelimit could possibly lead into an mapchange and I want to hide the limit from hlsw because it could be confusing a bit on a 24h onemapserver) which changes the map after a certain time with the option to wait for the end of round (waiting for new round can be long on csdm) or do an hard roundrestart when the timelimit is hit.
I will add a time limit option in the next release--but waiting till the round ends to restart will not be optional because restarting in the middle of a round on a 24/7 "one map" server would be stupid and pointless
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRising
I edited the plugin already a bit (used to much switch? *g*) for my needs because my podbots are bugging a bit with the /switchall code.

The cvar autorr_switchmode got added.

autorr_switchmode <0|1|2|3>
Switchmethod for /switchall

* 0: Default (Set_User_Team & Reset_User_Model)
* 1: Same as above + kill every player
* 2: Same as 0 but kill all bots and send client_cmd fullupdate to them
* 3: Same as 0 but even sends server_cmd sv_restart 2

Default is 0

In switchmode 0 and 2 the bots doesn't seem to realize there team got changed. Some of them are doing teamattacks and looking a bit confused at all. I think sending fullupdate doesn't work but how about doing spawn() twice? Any other ideads or should I send a bugreport to the maker of podbot?
I will add a separate CVAR to kill for the switchall commands because that is a worthwhile addition, but the idea behind that command is for clan scrims, in which case, directly after /switchall, the admin would restart the rounds anyhow to begin the second half--making it pointless to kill the players because /switchall would be used after the first half right at the beginning of the next round--then the second half would commence with a lo3.

I appreciate both of your suggestions and ideas and I will be working on adding the things that will flow with the plugin today and hopefully finish today with it all the necessary additions.

-SubStream

Last edited by SubStream; 07-06-2006 at 11:46.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:14
SubStream
This message has been deleted by SubStream. Reason: Duplicate message automatically posted by mistake
TheRising
Old 07-06-2006 , 14:05   Re: Auto Round Restart [autorr] - v1.2 - 2006-07-06
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubStream
I will add a time limit option in the next release--but waiting till the round ends to restart will not be optional because restarting in the middle of a round on a 24/7 "one map" server would be stupid and pointless

-SubStream
At all it isn't that stupid and pointless.

I'm running a csdm server, actually with ticket support - means a team gets 40 tickets and when the ticket count reachs 0 nobody on that team can respawn.

So a round can come to an end if the last person of a team got killed but without tickets a round would run endless (if there is somebody on the server playing e.g. bots, because a whole team of 5-7 people won't die at once) and in that case I want to use the roundrestart based on a timelimit to reset the playerscores after some time (If it runs long enough there are bots with 200+ frags or 100+ deaths.

In ticketmode I'm restarting the game at 11 rounds.

Running Plugins & Settings || Server Homepage + Customstuff || HLSW
WebSVN || Anon SVN || German Hompage Take a look at the Pluginlinklist
Send a message via ICQ to TheRising
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2006 , 15:35   Re: Auto Round Restart [autorr] - v1.1 - 2006-07-05
Reply With Quote #20

I will add in the option to wait until the next round because your words make sense to me now.

What you said made me think of maps like surf maps which don't have objectives--with auto respawn the round would never end--in this case you are correct that my statements of "restarting based on time would be useless and/or stupid" are incorrect.

When saying that I was thinking along the lines of normal terms--but clearly when no objective will end the round and respawn of any sorts is enabled, a timelimit would be NECESSARY as you have pointed out. Thank you for reminding me of why this is necessary for some servers. Now servers which NEVER restart because of auto respawn will have a way to do so after I release the next version of this plugin.

Thank you for correcting me on this--very important for this to be added as an option.

I am currently almost done with the additions. I'm going right now to add the time option CVAR, autorr_timewaitround, (1 = wait till next round 0 = not wait - auto restart immediately when the time has been reached (for servers such as yours with auto respawn and no objective to end the round) )

After doing so, I will begin testing 1.2. When testing is complete I will repost here to let you know that 1.2 is up.

Again--Thank you for correcting me because this will be helpful to more servers with this addition. I appreciate it.

-SubStream

Edit: I apologize for the extra day long delay... I have been writing the documentation and doing touch ups and double triple checking the code and translations file to be sure everything is ship shape for testing. I have finished documentation and am going into a server to test now and assuming testing goes well for the next hour will be releasing 1.2 because the documentation for it is already done (that's what I've been working on most of today).

Hopefully this version should be up soon. I'll edit this post when it is up and ready for the public.

-SubStream

Edit2: Working out some of the bugs and adding new translations I didn't think about for the timeleftrr and roundsleft info commands right now. Fixed some potential problem with lo3 and am doing testing as we speak on every last detail. I was up till 3 am last night working on this and I will continue to work on testing all day until this is completely ready for public release. Lot's and lot's of details to finalize before I release this. As I test more and more I keep getting more and more things I think of to add/fix/code in a better way and when 1.2 does come out, it should be a success because of all this maticulous work. I'll update later.

-SubStream

Edit3: Version 1.2 Has been fully, maticulously tested and working flawlessly with all time and other new options added. Enjoy!

Last edited by SubStream; 07-08-2006 at 18:19. Reason: Updating progress