Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released

Post New Thread Reply   

Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 11-02-2013 , 21:36   Re: FF2 1.0.8 Released
Reply With Quote #11

Ok, will add some debug output to CheckRoundState() and/or check the subplugins.
Old 11-03-2013 , 12:23   Re: FF2 1.0.8 Released
Reply With Quote #12

Thanks for this! Just a quick question, if I already have an existing 1.0.7 install, what files do I need to replace? I don't want to upload everything to prevent mistakes like overwriting my config files, etc.

Last edited by Donski; 11-03-2013 at 12:24.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 11-03-2013 , 17:29   Re: FF2 1.0.8 Released
Reply With Quote #13

I'd suggest not installing it right now since it seems like CheckRoundState is acting up, but you'd need to replace freak_fortress_2.smx and subplugins (and the sources if you develop). characters_halloween.cfg is new, and saxton_hale.cfg was modified. Translations were updated. You'll need to add in a few more lines in FreakFortress2.cfg to take advantage of the new halloween cvar.
Old 11-03-2013 , 17:54   Re: FF2 1.0.8 Released
Reply With Quote #14

Thanks for the reply, Wliu. Appreciate all the work you and the other guys are putting into FF2! I think I'll hold off for now until everything becomes stable
Kanye_East
Old 11-03-2013 , 18:02   Re: FF2 1.0.8 Released
Reply With Quote #15

Code:
public CheckRoundState()
{
    switch(GameRules_GetRoundState())
    {
        case RoundState_Pregame, RoundState_Preround:
        {
            return 0;
        }

case RoundState_RoundRunning, RoundState_StartGame, RoundState_Stalemate:
        {
            return 1;
        }

case RoundState_BetweenRounds, RoundState_GameOver, RoundState_TeamWin, RoundState_Restart, RoundState_Bonus:
        {
            return 2;
        }

default:
        {
            return -1;
        }
    }

return -1;  // for the silly return value warning
}
After messing around with CheckRoundState, the issues with hales not being able to use abilites and 1v1 crits have been fixed (though since I'm not the most familiar with the code these cases might be a little off, not tested to the extreme) . Two outstanding issues remain, the first hale check doesn't quite work as it still ends up with a hale that can't attack, and this end of round text being bugged:

Edit: It should also be noted I get this on startup:
Code:
L 11/03/2013 - 15:21:38: [SM] Native "SetEntProp" reported: Entity -1 (-1) is invalid
L 11/03/2013 - 15:21:38: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 11/03/2013 - 15:21:38: [SM]   [0]  Line 6823, L:\...\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress_2.sp::UpdateHealthBar()
L 11/03/2013 - 15:21:38: [SM]   [1]  Line 6926, L:\...\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress_2.sp::HealthbarEnableChanged()

Last edited by Kanye_East; 11-03-2013 at 18:26. Reason: extra bit
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 11-03-2013 , 20:02   Re: FF2 1.0.8 Released
Reply With Quote #16

I was thinking to make 2 the default case since it has the most options (unless that was what made everything break?)...

As for the healthbar, it looks like g_healthbar isn't getting initialized in FindHealthBar(), which is odd because FindHealthBar has a check to make sure g_healthbar shouldn't be -1, which would pretty much mean FindHealthBar isn't being called, which would be impossibru... ;_;
Actually, OnEntityCreated also sets g_healthbar, so that's probably what's setting it to -1 (invalid entity? wut).
Old 11-04-2013 , 17:52   Re: FF2 1.0.8 Released
Reply With Quote #17

Seems this vision breaks freak fortress 2 for me it sometimes does't setup but when it works their no rage meter or super jump does't work
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 11-04-2013 , 19:20   Re: FF2 1.0.8 Released
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arokhantos View Post
Seems this vision breaks freak fortress 2 for me it sometimes does't setup but when it works their no rage meter or super jump does't work
It's because of CheckRoundState() doing some silly stuff, once Kanye replies, I'll implement the fix and test it *thoroughly* this time...
Old 11-04-2013 , 23:49   Re: FF2 1.0.8 Released
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
It's because of CheckRoundState() doing some silly stuff, once Kanye replies, I'll implement the fix and test it *thoroughly* this time...
I trust you'll implement this the best way possible, as you're experienced and are one of the code maintainers these decisions are up to you so feel free to make any changes. My goal was just to point out some missing things such as RoundState_Stalemate, which for some reason is GameRules_GetRoundState()'s value throughout the running game.

Last edited by Kanye_East; 11-04-2013 at 23:50. Reason: typo
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 11-05-2013 , 08:05   Re: FF2 1.0.8 Released
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye_East View Post
I trust you'll implement this the best way possible, as you're experienced and are one of the code maintainers these decisions are up to you so feel free to make any changes. My goal was just to point out some missing things such as RoundState_Stalemate, which for some reason is GameRules_GetRoundState()'s value throughout the running game.
WHAT. JUST WHAT. That doesn't make any sense, but I'll implement and then test it, thanks.