Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D(1) Admin Getting Dumped From Game

Post New Thread Reply   

Deathrow Bo Dean
Old 06-23-2014 , 15:52   L4D(1) Admin Getting Dumped From Game
Reply With Quote #1

I'm wondering if any Admins or Players are having this problem.

I have a L4D(1) Win Vista dedicated server that seems to now dump me not just to the desktop but completely out of the game. It is using the latest MM and SM dev snapshots and i don't seem to be having any problems with any of the plugins. I some times get dumped when someone joins the game when there is only 1 player other than myself and if the game has three players. By the timw I re-launch, the game is full and i have to wait for an opening to rejoin. this problem does not happen to the other non Admin players.
I connext to the server with a Win 7 sys that I use play L4D2 and many other games.

Is anyone having the same problem? Do you think it may be a sv_consistancy or sv_cheats setting causing me to be dumped? Is there a way for me as Admin to lock or reserve myself into a game slot? please help. DBD

Last edited by Deathrow Bo Dean; 06-23-2014 at 15:54.
The 5th Survivor
Old 06-27-2014 , 12:51   Re: L4D(1) Admin Getting Dumped From Game
Reply With Quote #2

That's a very odd problem. Check the admin flags you gave yourself. Add the "a" flag in case you didn't. Also post the plugins you are using (just type sm plugins list in the console) maybe one of those is kicking you.
Deathrow Bo Dean
Old 07-03-2014 , 16:16   Re: L4D(1) Admin Getting Dumped From Game
Reply With Quote #3

Thank's for a reply. I will add the "a" to my admin flags and let you know if that worked. DBD..

I'm allready ""99:z". I changed it to "bce" . I played again an a player joined. We played the houseboat map until almost the finale and I was dumped. No other players joined in so the reseveration is not the pronlem. I'm gonna take a look at my video driver it may be out of date. However, I'm not having this problem with any other game.

Last edited by Deathrow Bo Dean; 07-04-2014 at 14:04.
delirium_trigger
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-06-2014 , 05:24   Re: L4D(1) Admin Getting Dumped From Game
Reply With Quote #4

I do not think any server configuration or server can crash a client to desktop in an isolated case. For it to be caused by server would have it happen to everybody in game. There is no SM or MM configuration that would only target you by default.
sv_consistency sv_cheats have messages that pop up and they only kick you out of the server, not out of the entire game.

A crash to desktop (without any error messages that pop up) sounds like a client side problem (you). I suggest verifying game files, updating graphical drivers, direct x, etc. If worse comes to worse do a fresh reinstall.

Do you have any programs that protect your PC from applications (Anti virus etc)? I know that my security / firewall has an application guard that triggers if it detects a program is doing something funky and for that I had to make a rule for it to be allowed.

Also, do you have any custom skins or custom VPKs installed? Sometimes if they aren't compatible with the map or if they aren't made the right way it can also cause crashes.

Just a couple suggestions, good luck

Last edited by delirium_trigger; 07-06-2014 at 05:29.