Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Vocalize Spam Guard

Post New Thread Reply   

sexconker
Old 01-14-2009 , 20:43   Re: [L4D] Vocalize Spam Guard
Reply With Quote #11

This seems to be kicking people when they aren't manually using the command at all (all scripted stuff). I have the default values set. The behavior is that only 1 vocalize command is allowed every 3 seconds (vdelay), I believe. Yet people are still getting kicked even though their (scripted) vocalize commands are getting blocked. I'm going to try 2 and 20 instead of 3 and 10.
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 01-15-2009 , 12:02   Re: [L4D] Vocalize Spam Guard
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexconker View Post
This seems to be kicking people when they aren't manually using the command at all (all scripted stuff). I have the default values set. The behavior is that only 1 vocalize command is allowed every 3 seconds (vdelay), I believe. Yet people are still getting kicked even though their (scripted) vocalize commands are getting blocked. I'm going to try 2 and 20 instead of 3 and 10.
The default should be 10 'vocalize' commands in a 3 second period before it starts warning and kicking them. Yes it may warn people at the start of a round when they are picking up weapons, ammo, pipebombs etc all in a few seconds time but it is difficult to script around that since they are all played server side automatically. This script is more to prevent people from griefing your game by spamming your game with 'Pills Here' or 'Tank' non stop.

I did see a post where you can search for client index 0 as the user and I will see if that has any affect but I will not be able to look at it today.

For now please post the output of this command from HLSW or your servers console window.

sm_voc <tab>

Should show info like this.

Code:
sm_vocalize_guard_adminimmune            : 1        : , "ss_added"     : Enable/Disable Admin Immunity to Penalties [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE]
         sm_vocalize_guard_bantime                : 5        : , "ss_added"     : Duration of Ban [0 = KICKS PLAYER]
         sm_vocalize_guard_enabled                : 1        : , "ss_added"     : Enable/Disable L4D Vocalize Guardian [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE]
         sm_vocalize_guard_vdelay                 : 3        : , "ss_added"     : Delay before a player can call another Vocalize command [0 = DISABLED]
         sm_vocalize_guard_version                : 1        : , "sp", "nf", "rep", "ss_added" : L4D Vocalize Guard Version
         sm_vocalize_guard_vlimit                 : 10       : , "ss_added"     : Max Vocalize Spam Calls Allowed [0 = NO LIMIT]

My Crappy Plugins: SuperBuilds, Parent Buildables,
L4D Player Info
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2009 , 01:53   Re: [L4D] Vocalize Spam Guard
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyruxpin View Post
Yes it may warn people at the start of a round when they are picking up weapons, ammo, pipebombs etc all in a few seconds time but it is difficult to script around that since they are all played server side automatically.
You could always add in a grace period of say 10 seconds or so after map start / round start, or add a white list of certain ones that don't give warnings. Or combine the two, a whitelist of vocalizes that don't warn during the grace period.
Old 01-16-2009 , 19:02   Re: [L4D] Vocalize Spam Guard
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
You could always add in a grace period of say 10 seconds or so after map start / round start, or add a white list of certain ones that don't give warnings. Or combine the two, a whitelist of vocalizes that don't warn during the grace period.
I am going to look at doing a timer of 10 seconds or so once they leave the spawn area or some other game event. Looking through some other plugins now to see the best method of this. This should eliminate the problem some people are seeing. The other event I would like to find is a way to disable it for 10 seconds whenever they come upto a weapons cash so I need to find the events for picking up weapons and then disable for 10 seconds then for all players.

Any suggestions or edits would be appreciated.

-Teddy

L4D Player Info
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2009 , 20:07   Re: [L4D] Vocalize Spam Guard
Reply With Quote #15

In my testing, the player_left_start_area event doesn't work, but you may want to try player_left_checkpoint. As for the weapons, you can try seeing if weapon_given fires when they pick up weapons from a table. I didn't test it past giving Pills though (which is a "weapon" value of "12" by the way) so I am not sure. That, or explain_weapons but I haven't testing that event at all.
Old 01-21-2009 , 20:34   Re: [L4D] Vocalize Spam Guard
Reply With Quote #16

Bump, curious if you have made any headway on this.
Old 01-21-2009 , 22:33   Re: [L4D] Vocalize Spam Guard
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
Bump, curious if you have made any headway on this.
Worked on it a bit over the weekend but still no where. I want to set a grace period of 30 seconds at spawn and then also on some other events that may or may not be triggered when a player looks at ammo / weapon / health. I still need to confirm these events work.

I am also working on adding another option of 'Gag' which will just mute the player from doing any voice commands be them scripted or initiated by the client. I am a still a noob with the SM scripting so its taking a while.

-Teddy

L4D Player Info
Icettiflow
Old 01-25-2009 , 13:12   Re: [L4D] Vocalize Spam Guard
Reply With Quote #18

Any way of making this sourcebans compatible? I've had it running for 24 hours and just the two games I played it banned three people but it doesn't show up on my Sourcebans. I'd lake to be able to monitor it.

Also! Is there any way to make this where only admins can see the ban message instead of a broadcast?

Great plugin!

Last edited by Icettiflow; 01-25-2009 at 13:14.
sexconker
Old 02-07-2009 , 19:06   Re: [L4D] Vocalize Spam Guard
Reply With Quote #19

No matter what I do to the values, when I issue a single vocalize command it works, then when I issue a second, it says I must wait x seconds before issuing another (where x is the delay time).
AcidTester
Old 02-10-2009 , 13:50   Re: [L4D] Vocalize Spam Guard
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexconker View Post
No matter what I do to the values, when I issue a single vocalize command it works, then when I issue a second, it says I must wait x seconds before issuing another (where x is the delay time).
The same. The plugin doesnt work as expected.
Im little disappointed cause i thought that before getting kicked/banned i must vocalize (vlimit) 10 times in a raw in vdelay 3 seconds. But unfortunately despite on vdelay, (it seems totally useless for me) i can vocalize just 10 times for a map. No matter what i vocalize.
In this example (i use defaults) i vocalize watchout, incomming, etc, no matter 3 seconds i wait or i try still spam in this 3 seconds, i always have 10 times maximum spam, then kick.
Can you fix this? It would be great if i can be kicked if i vocalize 10 times or more within 3 seconds. If i not use this 10 times and 3 seconds passed, counter must reset. That means im still have to spam 10 times within 3 sec limit for being kicked. NOt just 10 times vocalize for map round (pick up weapons included)
HOpe u will fix this. Thanks.

Last edited by AcidTester; 02-10-2009 at 14:00.
Send a message via ICQ to AcidTester