Reply With Quote #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagekid View Post
Failed to Compile.
Get the smx
EpicFailGames
Old 06-15-2009 , 00:02   Re: [L4D] Ready Up! 0.16.2
Reply With Quote #162

I found an issue with the usage of your plugin, though not a direct error in the plugin itself...

The way it seems to work is, everyone becomes '!ready', and then the round is restarted twice, swapping the teams each time. The issue with this is, if anyone in the ready-up phase takes a medpack, or anyone in the opposing team takes one when the teams are swapped, those packs are gone forever. Neither side can use them. (For the first team to play through the map) This creates an even larger handicap.

Is there anyway to prevent taking of madpacks during this phase? or recreate those that are missing?

Last edited by EpicFailGames; 06-15-2009 at 00:05.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2009 , 02:44   Re: [L4D] Ready Up! 0.16.2
Reply With Quote #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicFailGames View Post
The way it seems to work is, everyone becomes '!ready', and then the round is restarted twice, swapping the teams each time. The issue with this is, if anyone in the ready-up phase takes a medpack, or anyone in the opposing team takes one when the teams are swapped, those packs are gone forever. Neither side can use them. (For the first team to play through the map) This creates an even larger handicap.

Is there anyway to prevent taking of madpacks during this phase? or recreate those that are missing?
First time I've ever heard of this, I'll try to repro.
EpicFailGames
Old 06-15-2009 , 09:23   Re: [L4D] Ready Up! 0.16.2
Reply With Quote #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
First time I've ever heard of this, I'll try to repro.
I forgot to mention, this only occurs on maps where the safe room and/or starting area have the survivors spawned directly beside the med packs. (Dead Air 5, No Mercy 1, Death Toll 2) and several others.
Old 06-15-2009 , 19:36   Re: [L4D] Ready Up! 0.16.2
Reply With Quote #165

hello, i need your help!
im using plugin below.

Quote:
MetaMOD 1.7.1
SourceMOD 1.2.2-hg2711

advertisements.smx
cannounce.smx
country_filter.smx
l4d_gamemode_scripts.smx
l4dready.smx
l4dscores.smx
l4dunreservelobby.smx
vbping.smx
l4dready.smx settings below.

Quote:
l4d_ready_enabled 1
l4d_ready_both_halves 0
l4d_ready_minimum_players 8
l4d_ready_server_cfg ""
l4d_ready_search_key_disable 0
l4d_ready_competition 0
i successed make server for 4 suvivor, 4 infected, 4 spectate(means max 12 players).
but after that, even i set "l4d_ready_minimum_players 8", 12 players need to type !ready.
i don't want spectater to need type !ready.
can u make this plugin to no count spectaters for ready or unready?
is that possible?
EpicFailGames
Old 06-15-2009 , 21:50   Re: [L4D] Ready Up! 0.16.2
Reply With Quote #166

Is there any way to make the plugin only require a certain percentage of votes? or kick people who are idle for a certain period?

Most of the time the vote is in use, 15/16 players will ready, and one guy will be afk... it would be cool if it only required like 75% of players to ready, or a defined percentage. or something... or kick those that are idle.
Old 06-15-2009 , 23:15   Re: [L4D] Ready Up! 0.16.2
Reply With Quote #167

Quote:
l4d_ready_minimum_players = number of players that need to be in the server before the match can go live (default:

is not works?
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2009 , 01:12   Re: [L4D] Ready Up! 0.16.2
Reply With Quote #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felycity View Post
hello, i need your help!

i successed make server for 4 suvivor, 4 infected, 4 spectate(means max 12 players).
but after that, even i set "l4d_ready_minimum_players 8", 12 players need to type !ready.
i don't want spectater to need type !ready.
can u make this plugin to no count spectaters for ready or unready?
is that possible?
l4d_ready_minimum_players just means that the game won't start if there's less than the minimum players and they've all readied. This is to prevent 1 player joining a server before everyone else, quick readying, and then having the match go live already.

It does not mean that only that amount of players have to ready up and the rest don't need to -- no, every single person has to ready up still. I admit now that it's possible to get extra slots and spectators are viable, there should be an option to ignore spectators. It somehow slipped my mind last time I was making an update.
EpicFailGames
Old 06-16-2009 , 12:15   Re: [L4D] Ready Up! 0.16.2
Reply With Quote #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
l4d_ready_minimum_players just means that the game won't start if there's less than the minimum players and they've all readied. This is to prevent 1 player joining a server before everyone else, quick readying, and then having the match go live already.

It does not mean that only that amount of players have to ready up and the rest don't need to -- no, every single person has to ready up still. I admit now that it's possible to get extra slots and spectators are viable, there should be an option to ignore spectators. It somehow slipped my mind last time I was making an update.
Ignore spectators, and percentage based voting would be perfect.
Old 06-21-2009 , 15:15   Re: [L4D] Ready Up! 0.16.2
Reply With Quote #170

Hey, i have this problem. Everytime i exec cevo, i get this error, cant set "l4d_ready_enabled" in multiplayer (I'm hosting through listen server). What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by embracexcoup; 06-21-2009 at 15:26.