Raised This Month: $89 Target: $400
 22% 

[ANY] Cross-Server Chat


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Rads
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Achievement what
Old 01-09-2014 , 18:06   Re: [ANY] Cross-Server Chat
Reply With Quote #11

got to say i have installed python-3.3.3.amd64 i get this issue in win2008 aswell
__________________
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Rads is offline
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Old 01-09-2014 , 18:31   Re: [ANY] Cross-Server Chat
Reply With Quote #12

Updated to version 1.1, see changelog.
__________________
Hawk552 is offline
Send a message via AIM to Hawk552
StayOx
SourceMod Donor
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gliese 581g
Old 01-09-2014 , 20:40   Re: [ANY] Cross-Server Chat
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552 View Post
Updated to version 1.1, see changelog.
still with the same problem , I've tried so on linux (ubuntu server) however the error still occurs


[IMG]http://s22.************/8e95ti9rl/python.png[/IMG]


Error:

[IMG]http://s29.************/ci3qed6g7/error.png[/IMG]

Last edited by StayOx; 01-09-2014 at 21:24. Reason: added screenshots
StayOx is offline
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Old 01-09-2014 , 21:19   Re: [ANY] Cross-Server Chat
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayOx View Post
still with the same problem, I've tried so on linux (ubuntu server) however the error still occurs


[IMG]http://s22.************/8e95ti9rl/python.png[/IMG]
There's no error there.
__________________
Hawk552 is offline
Send a message via AIM to Hawk552
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Old 01-09-2014 , 21:30   Re: [ANY] Cross-Server Chat
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayOx View Post
[IMG]http://s29.************/ci3qed6g7/error.png[/IMG]
That's because you set the port wrong. The default is:

Code:
PORT_NUMBER = 8000
It must be an integer.
__________________

Last edited by Hawk552; 01-09-2014 at 22:52. Reason: PORT -> PORT_NUMBER
Hawk552 is offline
Send a message via AIM to Hawk552
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Old 01-09-2014 , 21:44   Re: [ANY] Cross-Server Chat
Reply With Quote #16

By the way, you don't have to give me screenshots. You can copy and paste from the Windows terminal by right clicking on the very top-left of the window (where it says C:\. inside a little terminal icon), go into the "Edit" submenu, then click on "Mark". Then drag over the area you want to copy, and hit Enter to copy it.
__________________
Hawk552 is offline
Send a message via AIM to Hawk552
StayOx
SourceMod Donor
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gliese 581g
Old 01-09-2014 , 22:05   Re: [ANY] Cross-Server Chat
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552 View Post
That's because you set the port wrong. The default is:

Code:
PORT = 8000
It must be an integer.
I know, to be honest I did not even touch the port yet, but should be a port that is not in use on server preferably
StayOx is offline
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Old 01-09-2014 , 22:52   Re: [ANY] Cross-Server Chat
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayOx View Post
I know, to be honest I did not even touch the port yet, but should be a port that is not in use on server preferably
I was able to get it running with Python 2.7.6 with the default settings. By the way, I made a mistake, it should be PORT_NUMBER, not PORT.
__________________
Hawk552 is offline
Send a message via AIM to Hawk552
StayOx
SourceMod Donor
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gliese 581g
Old 01-10-2014 , 00:49   Re: [ANY] Cross-Server Chat
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552 View Post
I was able to get it running with Python 2.7.6 with the default settings. By the way, I made a mistake, it should be PORT_NUMBER, not PORT.

This plugin when run will be very cool, but is not so useful for others as it only you can make this script work, I'm pretty sure you must be forgetting something
StayOx is offline
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Old 01-10-2014 , 01:47   Re: [ANY] Cross-Server Chat
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayOx View Post
This plugin when run will be very cool, but is not so useful for others as it only you can make this script work, I'm pretty sure you must be forgetting something
I don't know, it was pretty simple for me. I don't even use Windows so I had to boot up a bare-bones VM to test this. That is to say, it barely has anything installed on it other than a browser.

I installed Python 3.3.3, then downloaded the script, modified it according to my own instructions (in my case, I changed the hostname to "localhost", and left the port at 8000) and ran it. It produced the exact same error that you showed me. I then installed Python 2.7.6, and ran it again. It ran perfectly this time with the following message:

Code:
C:\Python27>python.exe C:\Users\dsherk\Downloads\cross-server-chat.py
Fri Jan 10 01:40:40 2014 Server Starts - localhost:8000
I was already able to explain your original problem, as well as Rads' current problem. I'm happy that you're excited about this, but I don't know what else I can do to help you get it working. You say that "only [I] can make this script work," but we have a sample size of 2 right now.
__________________
Hawk552 is offline
Send a message via AIM to Hawk552
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:21.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode