Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved How to run a dedicated server on an old cs:go build?

Post New Thread Reply   

Rikki
Old 05-26-2023 , 20:49   How to run a dedicated server on an old cs:go build?
Reply With Quote #1

I wanna play old csgo (sep 3 2015 build) with some addons installed (especially with bot mimic plugin)

I tried to setup a server with the old 2015 csgo build, but everytime I run "srcds.exe" with "start.bat", it just says "your server is out of date. please update and restart.", how do I bypass it? I don't need the newest csgo version.

Or maybe there are any other ways to make sourcemod addons work? All I want is to play with some addons against bots, I'm not interested in whether people can join my server or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_26.png
Views:	103
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	200698  

Last edited by Rikki; 05-31-2023 at 02:50.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-27-2023 , 16:25   Re: How to run a dedicated server on an old cs:go build?
Reply With Quote #2

You would have a conflict when joining with the older server version and your up to date client version of CS:GO.

The one possibility I could see, is if you played with both the client and server offline locally only with the same version. Anything beyond that would be non-steam territory and not supported.

Last edited by Maxximou5; 05-27-2023 at 16:27.
BeepIsla
Old 05-28-2023 , 14:11   Re: How to run a dedicated server on an old cs:go build?
Reply With Quote #3

You can ignore this message. Its just a warning, if on Linux and setup correctly it will also automatically shutdown the server. But otherwise just ignore the "Out of date" message
Rikki
Old 05-29-2023 , 09:31   Re: How to run a dedicated server on an old cs:go build?
Reply With Quote #4

What are you guys talking about?

I can't run (create) a dedicated server with the old 2015 csgo build, it has nothing to do with my csgo client version.
I can't ignore the "out of date" message, this "warning" doesn't allow the server to start.
And as I said before I specifically need to run a dedicated server with the 2015 csgo build, not the newest one. Ofc it will work for the newest one, in that case I wouldn't ask for help then.

Last edited by Rikki; 05-29-2023 at 09:32.
BeepIsla
Old 05-30-2023 , 16:44   Re: How to run a dedicated server on an old cs:go build?
Reply With Quote #5

The message does not prevent you from running or joining your server. You have setup the server incorrectly if it does not work. You are giving too little information to work with here. What are your server launch options? Configs? What happens when you try to join? etc. You must give us more information in order to help.

Last edited by BeepIsla; 05-30-2023 at 16:44. Reason: typo
Rikki
Old 05-31-2023 , 02:48   Re: How to run a dedicated server on an old cs:go build?
Reply With Quote #6

Yes, this warning really doesn't prevent the server from running, thank you.
I swear it wasn't working until your reply 0_0

csgo build (3 sep 2015)
sourcemod-1.7.2-git5208
mmsource-1.10.6-git940
runs perfectly