Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet

Post New Thread Reply   

PaxTeamFortress2
Old 01-04-2013 , 18:55   Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #1

Should I? I read online that Fragnet is amazing.
Sheepdude
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-04-2013 , 19:53   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #2

That's exactly what I did, GameServers to 128-tick Fragnet server. Never looked back.
Old 01-07-2013 , 03:49   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #3

PaxTeamFortress2 Its totatly worth it Fagservers are horrible at all they do.
Bubka3
Sir Buzz Killington, Esq.
Old 01-07-2013 , 20:02   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #4

What's wrong with GameServers.com? FragNet's price more then 1USD because they bill in euros so really not worth it for USD customers.
Jstn7477
Old 01-07-2013 , 20:11   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #5

Gameservers.com sucks, they seem to overload their servers and/or they don't seem to have enough bandwidth for all their customers. If you were around when CoD: Black Ops came out, GS was the sole provider of servers for that game, and everyone complained. A friend's mumble server is hosted with GS and it has bare minimal bandwidth (70Kb/s) for a 15 slot server when my NFO 50 slot mumble server has 10,000Kbps of bandwidth (taken from the mumble server statistics you can retrieve by hovering over a server in your list with your mouse cursor). Also had a L4D2 server with them in 2010 and it was a piece.

Last edited by Jstn7477; 01-07-2013 at 20:11.
PresidentEvil
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-07-2013 , 20:24   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #6

NFO
Old 01-08-2013 , 03:33   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstn7477 View Post
Gameservers.com sucks, they seem to overload their servers and/or they don't seem to have enough bandwidth for all their customers. If you were around when CoD: Black Ops came out, GS was the sole provider of servers for that game, and everyone complained. A friend's mumble server is hosted with GS and it has bare minimal bandwidth (70Kb/s) for a 15 slot server when my NFO 50 slot mumble server has 10,000Kbps of bandwidth (taken from the mumble server statistics you can retrieve by hovering over a server in your list with your mouse cursor). Also had a L4D2 server with them in 2010 and it was a piece.

This, and I changed a cvar sv_vissiblemaxplayers 16 from 4 on a 8 slot l4d2.
They ment that this would actually give me 16 slots and shut down my server, I gave up explaining what you have to do to hack it into a 16 slot, and even still atm it does not even work.
Nfo I can recommend highly, the owner jhon is pretty kick ass, I've had many a good debate, and convos with him either in cases where I needed help, or was making a suggestion.
They respond ususally with in a cuple of minutes if you make a help ticket, and if they cant seem to fix it, they google like champions
Their good at what they do, and they deliver top notch servers, I jsut hope they get started in Europe soon.
Ade
I love purple
Old 01-08-2013 , 05:29   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #8

http://www.gsprating.com/jestservers/
Old 01-08-2013 , 06:27   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #9

Gameservers.com was really shit, i've been with them for about 6 months and finally decided to switch recently, had problems with them from day 1, would not recommend Gameservers to anyone.

I've tried fragnet.com, but unfortunately they only have Windows servers so that didn't work for me, they offered me a refund though, seemed like nice people, can't really speak on the quality of their servers but i doubt they are as crappy as Gameservers.

Last edited by doze; 01-08-2013 at 06:27.
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-10-2013 , 20:00   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #10

--> http://i4CUHosting.com <--