Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Dedicated server for ZE

Post New Thread Reply   

Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-18-2020 , 22:20   Re: Dedicated server for ZE
Reply With Quote #11

If you have the funds for a dedicated you would get a much better performance out of it. It comes down to cost and what you want or can afford. You would hit a limitation if you have 64 clients on the server with a low 10mbps connection, that would saturate your bandwidth. Try looking for something higher if possible.

i7-4770k or higher
4GB or higher
HDD in performance RAID or SSD
100mbps or higher
freak.exe_uLow
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-19-2020 , 05:16   Re: Dedicated server for ZE
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
That's some serious BS. Use what you want and is best for your machine, but don't just say nonsense.

It's been able to use more than one thread for a long time.

https://blog.counter-strike.net/inde...2019/07/25000/

Networking Thread - https://github.com/ValveSoftware/csg...ux/issues/1492
The contradiction is not there, and do you want to keep a server with slots (64) with a core on Linux? As an example let's take an i9 9900K with 5ghz on all cores. A good server can have about 70 plugins or more. Don't you think that this one core is not enough? Your post doesn't really say anything, i also host on a dedicated server with a Ryzen 9 3900X with 4.3GHz clock and could certainly not hold 64 slots server with Linux. I haven't tested it yet, but actually I'm pretty sure.

[LINUX]
– Game server logs on Linux are now using a separate thread to write the data to filesystem which improves performance of the game server main thread.

Have you ever run a big server on a 64 slots server with a few plugins and some players on Linux? If so, I would have liked to see your values how the CPU and SV values behave. I myself also have a few servers and one of them is a surf server with 40 slots, some of them are always full in the evening, e.g. in htop via SSH I have checked that one core of the server is 130-140 %

Last edited by freak.exe_uLow; 02-19-2020 at 05:23.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-19-2020 , 15:03   Re: Dedicated server for ZE
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak.exe_uLow View Post
... I haven't tested it yet, but actually I'm pretty sure.
If you haven't tested it, then you don't know. Your opinions aren't relevant, only tested information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak.exe_uLow View Post
Have you ever run a big server on a 64 slots server with a few plugins and some players on Linux?
Yes I have.

The point of the matter was you stated it didn't have multi-thread support on Linux, it does. If you want to run Windows, go for it, run what is best for your server. I'm not here to argue what's best, only point out incorrect statements or be proven wrong to better myself and then help others with that information in the future.