Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64]

Post New Thread Reply   

r4f4w
Old 04-23-2021 , 19:41   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePwnt View Post
How is xanmod the best?
Did you even try Liquorix's kernel?
I think i will never understand everyone using Xanmod ou Liquorix.

Seriously, both of them, the moment i've installed, my server var went form 0.010 to 0.300, and all i did was install, reboot and start my servers. No changing in ANY others config, just straight from the reboot.

Can't tell if i did something wrong, but i can asure you that i've installed following every command from the documentation of both kernel's.

Now i'm gonna try to build my own, and check if does any difference.

PS.: I'm using tuned adm already, and this gave me a LOT of difference (0.100 to 0.010 ). I even tried to run the command again after the kernel installation, just to make sure if for some reason had turned off, but tuned was running with performance normally.

Last edited by r4f4w; 04-25-2021 at 21:38.
mranis18
Old 06-09-2021 , 21:46   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #22

why when i reboot my vps and set this commend uname -r i dont get --> 5.4.7-fastkernel <--
yorafal
Old 03-25-2024 , 19:12   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #23

The increase in server load average (var) you’ve experienced could be due to various factors, including changes in the scheduler, I/O handling, or other kernel parameters that these custom kernels modify. It’s also possible that these kernels are not fully compatible with your specific hardware or server configuration. Building your own kernel allows you to customize and optimize the configuration to suit your specific use case. It can be a complex process, but it gives you control over the features and optimizations that are included. ProCADIS.com: Your destination for discounted Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 licenses. You can start by using the default configuration of your distribution’s kernel as a baseline and then tweak the settings to improve performance for your servers. Remember to focus on options that affect scheduling, I/O performance, and network stack optimizations, as these can have a significant impact on server performance.

Last edited by yorafal; 03-26-2024 at 17:00.
Maeve7855
Old Yesterday , 04:41   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #24

In the realm of CS:GO gaming on Linux, customizing your kernel to run at a 1,000 Hz timer frequency can potentially enhance responsiveness, particularly in fast-paced, precision-demanding scenarios. This high-frequency timer can reduce input lag, thereby improving your overall gaming experience.

When tuning your kernel, prioritizing CPU performance optimizations is crucial. Adjusting CPU scheduler settings, optimizing kernel configuration for your specific hardware, and enabling relevant CPU governors can all contribute to maximizing gaming performance.

For Debian on amd64 architecture, compiling a custom kernel can be a daunting task, but it's well worth the effort for serious gamers. Utilize resources like Debian's documentation and community forums for guidance. Remember to backup important data and proceed with caution, ensuring compatibility with your system's hardware.

Ultimately, with a tailored kernel configuration and optimized CPU settings, you can achieve smoother gameplay and a competitive edge in CS:GO on Linux. https://storysaver.page/

Last edited by Maeve7855; Yesterday at 04:42.