Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

128 tick servers for players with poor connection

Post New Thread Reply   

Porcellian
Old 09-19-2021 , 13:34   128 tick servers for players with poor connection
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I have a little problem. I am hosting tournaments that can hold 16 teams, so the first stage of the tournament it is 8 servers live, with 8 matches on.

It doesn't lag at all, I even jump into the servers as a spectator, I've tried to play the tournament myself and the SV, loss and everything is just fine.

However, some people from other countries (the servers are located in germany), claim that they experience lag (specifically loss). Which is weird because on my dedicated server, it doesn't even use 40% ram, 30% CPU and the network is really good with 1000 up and 1000 down.

I believe the problem is my config, for people with poor internet. Their ping is decent (around 30-60) but they still claim they experience loss.

Dedicated specs
- 64gb ram,
- 8 core Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 4.0GHZ
- 1000 up and 1000 down internet speed.
- 240gb SSD

Plugins:
Only get5

GOTV IS ACTIVATED

My config:
PHP Code:
// Server Hibernation
sv_hibernate_when_empty 1
sv_hibernate_ms 5

// ********** Rates **********
fps_max "0"                                     // Sets the servers max fps
sv_minrate "96000"                              // Min bandwidth rate allowed on server, 0 == unlimited
sv_maxrate "0"                                  // Max bandwidth rate allowed on server, 0 == unlimited
sv_mincmdrate "128"                             // This sets the minimum value for cl_cmdrate. 0 == unlimited
sv_maxupdaterate "128"                          // Mmaximum updates per second that the server will allow
sv_minupdaterate "128"                          // Minimum updates per second that the server will allow
sv_parallel_sendsnapshot "1"                    // Controls whether the sending of network data is done on the main thread
sv_alternateticks "0"                           // If set, server only simulates entities on even numbered ticks
sv_forcepreload "1"                             // Force server side preloading
sv_maxusrcmdprocessticks "0"                    // Fixes stuttering from rubberbanding

// ............................. Server Query ............................. //
// More info at: https://www.gametracker.com/games/csgo/forum.php?thread=91691
host_name_store 1
host_info_show 1
host_players_show 2
tv_enable 1 
Any ideas?

Last edited by Porcellian; 09-19-2021 at 13:34.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-19-2021 , 15:33   Re: 128 tick servers for players with poor connection
Reply With Quote #2

You can't do miracle.
If they locate far away, latency.
If connection between countries is weak, you can do nothing.

What type internet connection do they have ?
What kind place they live where is internet connection ?
What kind PC they use ?
This will bring too many questions.

If you still want look that problem:
- set in your server, sv_max_allowed_net_graph 5
- player join in your server and set in they game, net_graph 5
- ask screenshots
Name:  Counter-strike  Global Offensive Screenshot 2021.09.19 - 22.16.34.91.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  76.3 KB
- do ping in in-game console
Code:
] ping
Client ping times:
  81 ms : Валерьянка
  63 ms : Deny
  47 ms : 'Bacardi
  44 ms : eŊinƊə
 141 ms : lazy
 164 ms : Hayek
  51 ms : 该死的白痴
  47 ms : Bagge
  63 ms : Rоманыч
  78 ms : psych0mario
  59 ms : YazZzaP
  53 ms : -=NoMercy=-
  47 ms : clickbait
  47 ms : Under ☠ Skin ☯
  78 ms : Хлебушек прост
  55 ms : хочу умереть
 115 ms : Kramort
  75 ms : Stiff
 121 ms : ❤sekusa❤
 116 ms : Mafia Neon
- You can check server rate restriction from in-game console
Code:
 rate; cl_updaterate; cl_cmdrate; sv_minrate ; sv_maxrate ; sv_minupdaterate ; sv_maxupdaterate ; sv_mincmdrate; help sv_maxcmdrate
"rate" = "786432" ( def. "196608" ) archive user                                 - Max bytes/sec the host can receive data
"cl_updaterate" = "64" archive notconnected user                                 - Number of packets per second of updates you are requesting from the server
"cl_cmdrate" = "64" min. 10.000000 max. 128.000000 archive user                  - Max number of command packets sent to server per second
"sv_minrate" = "16000" min. 0.000000 max. 786432.000000 replicated               - Min bandwidth rate allowed on server, 0 == unlimited
"sv_maxrate" = "0" min. 0.000000 max. 786432.000000 replicated                   - Max bandwidth rate allowed on server, 0 == unlimited
"sv_minupdaterate" = "64" replicated                                             - Minimum updates per second that the server will allow
"sv_maxupdaterate" = "64" replicated                                             - Maximum updates per second that the server will allow
"sv_mincmdrate" = "64" replicated                                                - This sets the minimum value for cl_cmdrate. 0 == unlimited.
"sv_maxcmdrate" = "64" replicated                                                - (If sv_mincmdrate is > 0), this sets the maximum value for cl_cmdrate.
*edit
Btw, 128 tickrate servers are made more like LAN games with 5 vs 5 match.
For public use 64 tick is better for players with far distance and poor computers. It's up to host how you want run.

Last edited by Bacardi; 09-19-2021 at 15:38.
Porcellian
Old 09-19-2021 , 15:37   Re: 128 tick servers for players with poor connection
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
You can't do miracle.
If they locate far away, latency.
If connection between countries is weak, you can do nothing.

What type internet connection do they have ?
What kind place they live where is internet connection ?
What kind PC they use ?
This will bring too many questions.

If you still want look that problem:
- set in your server, sv_max_allowed_net_graph 5
- player join in your server and set in they game, net_graph 5
- ask screenshots
Attachment 191449
- do ping in in-game console
Code:
] ping
Client ping times:
  81 ms : Валерьянка
  63 ms : Deny
  47 ms : 'Bacardi
  44 ms : eŊinƊə
 141 ms : lazy
 164 ms : Hayek
  51 ms : 该死的白痴
  47 ms : Bagge
  63 ms : Rоманыч
  78 ms : psych0mario
  59 ms : YazZzaP
  53 ms : -=NoMercy=-
  47 ms : clickbait
  47 ms : Under ☠ Skin ☯
  78 ms : Хлебушек прост
  55 ms : хочу умереть
 115 ms : Kramort
  75 ms : Stiff
 121 ms : ❤sekusa❤
 116 ms : Mafia Neon
- You can check server rate restriction from in-game console
Code:
 rate; cl_updaterate; cl_cmdrate; sv_minrate ; sv_maxrate ; sv_minupdaterate ; sv_maxupdaterate ; sv_mincmdrate; help sv_maxcmdrate
"rate" = "786432" ( def. "196608" ) archive user                                 - Max bytes/sec the host can receive data
"cl_updaterate" = "64" archive notconnected user                                 - Number of packets per second of updates you are requesting from the server
"cl_cmdrate" = "64" min. 10.000000 max. 128.000000 archive user                  - Max number of command packets sent to server per second
"sv_minrate" = "16000" min. 0.000000 max. 786432.000000 replicated               - Min bandwidth rate allowed on server, 0 == unlimited
"sv_maxrate" = "0" min. 0.000000 max. 786432.000000 replicated                   - Max bandwidth rate allowed on server, 0 == unlimited
"sv_minupdaterate" = "64" replicated                                             - Minimum updates per second that the server will allow
"sv_maxupdaterate" = "64" replicated                                             - Maximum updates per second that the server will allow
"sv_mincmdrate" = "64" replicated                                                - This sets the minimum value for cl_cmdrate. 0 == unlimited.
"sv_maxcmdrate" = "64" replicated                                                - (If sv_mincmdrate is > 0), this sets the maximum value for cl_cmdrate.
I hear you, the problem is that they are not very far away from Germany. Like France has complained and that shouldn't be a problem...

My belief is that it's not due to ping, but due to the fact that they have just less upload and download speed. They tell me that germany in the faceit servers are fine, but not ours. And our dedicated server is really not even close to being overwhelmed. So maybe my config is only adapted for players with good internet? And people with decent internet finds the servers laggy? (loss)
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 09-19-2021 , 21:50   Re: 128 tick servers for players with poor connection
Reply With Quote #4

Routing might be a big issue in this scenario. Try to compare trace route results from both servers.
Old 09-27-2021 , 11:30   Re: 128 tick servers for players with poor connection
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Routing might be a big issue in this scenario. Try to compare trace route results from both servers.
What do you mean with try compare trace route results from both servers? The csgo server and what server?
AlexPhilip
Old 09-28-2021 , 04:02   Re: 128 tick servers for players with poor connection
Reply With Quote #6

Honestly for me as a silver the issues are much more fundamental than the extra milliseconds granted for reaction time.

What the hell is a competitive game doing that I can't learn smokes from the pros because they screwed up jumpthrow? I don't care if you wanna upgrade to 128 if there's another way to fix that issue but come on. In no world does it make sense that if I watch a major and see a smoke I like I can't go into the official mm and throw it. Been pissing me off for years now.

Last edited by AlexPhilip; 12-09-2021 at 12:37.