Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2]Fix for bugged "i heard a smoker/boomer/charger/tank" ?

Post New Thread Reply   

id5473
Old 08-09-2014 , 16:05   [L4D2]Fix for bugged "i heard a smoker/boomer/charger/tank" ?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey,

as you might know (or not) there are spoken survivor lines recorded for each survivor if they hear any of the special infected idle or alerted sounds. (smoker coughs, hunter growls/shrieks...)
The thing is .. you probably only heard these for hunter, witch and jokey. The reason is.. the other special infected don't seem to trigger whatever causes the survivor to "hear" them and thus don't respond accordingly with the proper scene file.
The talker files contain scenes for these events which are working too if you just replace IsSmokerClass with IsHunterClass for example.. but as it is atm they never trigger because they simply never "hear" a smoker boomer tank or spitter. (unless you aim at them.. that's actually seeing them and not hearing them.. => other recorded lines)
I was wondering if this "heard special event" can be evoked with a sourcemod plugin for the 'bugged' specials?

Another thing i've noticed is.. all the "unannounced" special infected don't seem to trigger their subtitle either. example: stand behind an object and spawn a hunter on the other side.. if you have subtitles turned on you'll see with each of his shrieks a subtitle will be displayed.. but that does not happen with the "unannounced" specials.. they never get a subtitle. I've mentioned this because i thought it might be related to the issue all together.
*EDIT* apparently Spitter does have subtiles. *Spitter Voice* is displayed. So it might no be related after all.

Specials don't have talker files like the survivors and I've also played around with the scripts\game_sounds_infected_special.txt but to no avail.

I'm not sure if it's possible to do.. but if is, recorded survivor lines which are already in the talker files for all survivors would start working which i think would be kinda cool

The problem also applies to L4D1.. btw.

Last edited by id5473; 08-10-2014 at 05:33.
sparksterRK
Old 08-10-2014 , 13:36   Re: [L4D2]Fix for bugged "i heard a smoker/boomer/charger/tank" ?
Reply With Quote #2

I believe Mr. Zero has already patched this, while also blocking vocalize spam; Search for Scene Processor.
id5473
Old 08-12-2014 , 15:51   Re: [L4D2]Fix for bugged "i heard a smoker/boomer/charger/tank" ?
Reply With Quote #3

i guess you only skimmed over my OP ;)
it's not about managing peoples vocalizes.. it's about "fixing" the aforementioned specials so that they trigger "survivors hearing them" and thus triggering the appropriate scenefiles within their talker scripts.
id5473
Old 08-23-2014 , 12:29   Re: [L4D2]Fix for bugged "i heard a smoker/boomer/charger/tank" ?
Reply With Quote #4

In fact and after some more testing, i'm pretty sure the problem is that Spitter/Smokers/Boomers/Chargers and Tanks don't trigger the "WarnHeardZombie" concept of survivors thus they don't respond to "hearing them". Only hunters, jockeys and witches seems to trigger them when they make their individual noises.
DeathChaos25
Old 08-24-2014 , 11:33   Re: [L4D2]Fix for bugged "i heard a smoker/boomer/charger/tank" ?
Reply With Quote #5

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=246915

Enjoy

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 08-24-2014 at 21:28.
id5473
Old 08-25-2014 , 13:58   Re: [L4D2]Fix for bugged "i heard a smoker/boomer/charger/tank" ?
Reply With Quote #6

"If the laws of nature would allow it, I would bear that man's children." Thanks