Replacing Matties Eventscripts with SourceMod

Post New Thread Reply   

Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 06-17-2013 , 09:18   Re: Replacing Matties Eventscripts with SourceMod
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElooKoN View Post
That is wrong, we are a hoster. We do not build on someone else's product, we have much work to do and we get the problems if anything does not work - if the server does not work, we are effective respondible for that and there is no difference between a Vanilla Server or a modificated server. We have to invest the money for supporters. We have to answer questions and write tutorials for customers they do not know what they do - because hosting is not only the installation of a service.

But thank you for the answers, as I see many people do not understand my intention. Currently we explicit (only) recommend SourceMod (and personally I donate for this project because I find it good).
you build on the operating system that its reliable and that you wont have downtime due to the operating system of your choice

you build on the server software provided, if a new update breaks the whole dedicated server its you who will be blamed for service downtime

you build on that sm and es are regularly updated, if they would break, 95% of the servers would close down, no point running vanilla servers
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2013 , 12:29   Re: Replacing Matties Eventscripts with SourceMod
Reply With Quote #22

Using bold words won't make you right. Your business by definition is built on another series of products. I don't care how much server administration is required to ensure that. You made the choice (a long time ago presumably) to become a game server host. You made your bed, don't get pissed off when people expect you to lie in it.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-17-2013 , 12:41   Re: Replacing Matties Eventscripts with SourceMod
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinjuice View Post
Using bold words won't make you right. Your business by definition is built on another series of products. I don't care how much server administration is required to ensure that. You made the choice (a long time ago presumably) to become a game server host. You made your bed, don't get pissed off when people expect you to lie in it.
Any business dealing with computers is. Unless you design your own computer hardware and operating system.
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2013 , 12:49   Re: Replacing Matties Eventscripts with SourceMod
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Any business dealing with computers is. Unless you design your own computer hardware and operating system.
I agree 100%. But I knew this when I started doing business in the computing sector, and so should these guys.

Last edited by API; 06-17-2013 at 12:50.
Send a message via AIM to API
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 06-17-2013 , 14:28   Re: Replacing Matties Eventscripts with SourceMod
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
thats why there are companies who offer paid support, you can buy windows server license to get support, you can choose from many commercial linux distros too: red hat, suse and so on, you could even ask support from valve as thats the only reason their games have servers, as all of them are hosted by the community except some of their low quality, all the time crashing quickplay servers, but bashing mattie for not having time...

Last edited by Zephyrus; 06-17-2013 at 14:30.
ElooKoN
        ^_^
Old 06-17-2013 , 14:44   Re: Replacing Matties Eventscripts with SourceMod
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinjuice View Post
I agree 100%. But I knew this when I started doing business in the computing sector, and so should these guys.
Yes and the end of the song is: We will not support EventScripts any more. But for example we support SourceMod, we support Debian.

So there was a really simple question: "Will developing continue?"

It was not a claim. It was a question.

I'm not pissed, I'm just wondering why it is such a problem to answer a simple question. And why some people do not want to understand this. It does not matter any more, because if the people have problems with any framework we do not support we will tell them to switch to SourceMod and help.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by ElooKoN; 06-17-2013 at 14:52.