Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2010 , 19:50   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadav0r View Post
Hello,

Can you add a cvar to configure a timer before begin to check a user after connection.

Thanks
Why?
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Cadav0r
Old 05-27-2010 , 10:50   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #602

Because people are kicked too quickly after connection if they are AFK (or just slow).

I want to let them more time before being kicked after connection.

Same as High Ping Kick plugin where you can configure how many time after connection of people it starts to check user's ping.

Regards,

My plugins : Admin Sounds

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2010 , 18:47   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadav0r View Post
Because people are kicked too quickly after connection if they are AFK (or just slow).

I want to let them more time before being kicked after connection.

Same as High Ping Kick plugin where you can configure how many time after connection of people it starts to check user's ping.

Regards,
What if instead I set Unassigned player moves to reset the AFK timer?

So that would in effect double the move time?
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2010 , 11:48   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.9 / Updated May 29 2010)
Reply With Quote #604

Version 3.2.9 Released:

Fixed a potential bug in the AFK Spectator command.
Added more comments to code to make it easier to manage moving forward.
Added new log message when player counts get too low and when they have been reached to help with confusion.
Improved Debug function efficiency when Debug is disabled.

Still To Do:
Fix "Waiting for players" Tf2 hook. It still needs to be fixed and I am willing to donate $50 to SourceMod to try and get a resolution so we'll see what happens.
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-29-2010 , 11:54   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.9 / Updated May 29 2010)
Reply With Quote #605

Yes...having those templay_waiting events working would be amazing.

Last edited by crazydog; 05-29-2010 at 21:42. Reason: Touchscreen keyboard!
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2010 , 21:05   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.9 / Updated May 29 2010)
Reply With Quote #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
Yes...having those templay_waiting events working works be amazing.
What do you mean, Valve fixed them? Or was that sarcasm >_<
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-29-2010 , 21:31   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.9 / Updated May 29 2010)
Reply With Quote #607

No, I mean if they did work, it would be amazing.

Edit: Oh I see. My phone chose "Works" instead of "would". derp.

Last edited by crazydog; 05-29-2010 at 21:41.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2010 , 21:48   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.9 / Updated May 29 2010)
Reply With Quote #608

Quote:
No, I mean if they did work, it would be amazing.

Edit: Oh I see. My phone chose "Works" instead of "would". derp.
lol yeah, I don't understand I think they fire occasionally but I have no idea why they would only work sometimes.
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-30-2010 , 10:22   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.9 / Updated May 29 2010)
Reply With Quote #609

You could always grab the first client to connect and the value of mp_waitingforplayers_time, and set up a timer, but if there's other plugins or whatnot interacting with the waiting for players, it might not be timed correctly.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2010 , 19:56   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.9 / Updated May 29 2010)
Reply With Quote #610

Quote:
You could always grab the first client to connect and the value of mp_waitingforplayers_time, and set up a timer, but if there's other plugins or whatnot interacting with the waiting for players, it might not be timed correctly.
I had that kind of method in place already, It's not accurate from what I can tell because if people leave both teams and then one person joins a team it seems to reset it.

I guess one could do a dodgy method of checking team counts, and maybe basing it off that but it's pretty bad.

The one you are talking about is on Arena where WFP starts when the map starts.