Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-17-2013 , 03:33   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #121

Hey everyone, apologies for the delay. I injured my back recently but am up and going again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpeced View Post
Do servers restart automatically after updating? It doesn't seem to do so with manual updates, but will autoupdate restart the server after updating?

and with seDirector updates, since closing would stop all servers, would that mean all servers would be brought offline to update seDirector?

Thanks
Whether you update a server manually or automatically, before an update is started, the server is first stopped. seDirector performs a graceful exit of the server, and once closed proceeds with updating.

At the moment, seDirector updates do require all servers to go offline, however, it is in the plan to keep servers online during an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpeced View Post
Also, try adding scanning of maps in custom folder. Servers who start with a custom map have to put the start map in the regular stock maps folder
Is this a common request? It can be added as a feature if enough people request it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krelle1911 View Post
Hi br5dy

I haven't written any feedback here for a while, but I just wanted to let you know, that my 4 CSGO servers, and my 2 CSS servers are so much easier to keep track off with seDirector! I appreciate you're efford very much.

Keep up the good work! Personally, I would not mind having to pay for this excellent software!!!

- Happy fraggin'!
Thanks so much for your feedback! There is a pro version planned in the next month or two. Some of the more advanced features will be available on there (i.e. multiple hosts/physical servers, alerting, add-on management, troubleshooting, command line access, additional automation, and more). Our development team is small so pushing out updates takes longer than some of the larger companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelioneil View Post
Hi there was a CSGO update about 20 mins ago (server) however my servers did not automatically update. I can see in the console says "Your server is out of date etc..."

I have set the servers to automatically update in the seDirector server options...
Steam may not have updated their API for some reason. Make sure you have the latest version of SourceMod, too. If you see this happen again, email support [at] ashersoftware [dot] com with the patch version of your game.

Here's how to find it:
1.) Open your game folder (the one with addons, bin, cfg, maps, etc.)
2.) Open steam.inf in Notepad
3.) You'll see a line that says PatchVersion=
4.) Send that over

--

Thanks again everyone! Looking forward to releasing another update in the next week or so!

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-17-2013 , 04:11   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #122

My CS:GO server didn't update either, and I made it the day before the update with brand new SM & MM... odd
away000
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2013 , 04:11   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpeced
Also, try adding scanning of maps in custom folder. Servers who start with a custom map have to put the start map in the regular stock maps folder
Is this a common request? It can be added as a feature if enough people request it.

+1
Old 08-20-2013 , 21:26   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #124

This program does not work at all for automatic updates.

Last edited by Pitbull3; 08-20-2013 at 21:28.
xSpeced
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-20-2013 , 21:37   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
This program does not work at all for automatic updates.
This.

I have the seDirector plugin installed, with STEAMCMD selected as autoupdate option.

Last edited by xSpeced; 08-20-2013 at 21:51.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-21-2013 , 00:37   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #126

View the below information and more: http://eepurl.com/D1VYP

It appears that some are having difficulties with the auto update feature. I just tested it on several platforms and the update is processing correctly, so fortunately it is not affecting everyone.

A couple of things to check first:
  1. Make sure you are using the latest version of seDirector (1.0b at this time of writing this)
  2. Make sure you are using the latest version of Metamod and SourceMod.
  3. Make sure that the update tool is SteamCMD, 'Update Automatically' is checked, and 'Plugin Status' says 'Installed'.
  4. In the console window of your server, type 'sm plugins list' and you should find seDirector (2.0) listed. If not email me below.

If the issue happens again, do not manually update until you do this:
  1. Note the date and time that it happened.
  2. Look in the seDirector log file for the server (the Events box). You should see a line that reads Detected update.
  3. If you do not see Detected update: then either (1) seDirector cannot access the Internet, (2) the Steam API is unreachable, or (3) Steam has not updated their API with the latest game version. See below for more info.
  4. If you do see Detected update: right-click on your server and 'Show' it, then simply close out of the console window. An update window should immediately appear afterward, and seDirector should show its status as 'Updating'. If this happens, or doesn't happen, email me below.

Windows Firewall:
Making an Outbound rule in the Windows firewall may be necessary if you are using it as a firewall. Start->Run->wf.msc->Outbound Rules->New Rule->Program->Specify seDirector.exe and seDirectorService.exe. This rule should have happened automatically during installation, but for whatever reason didn't.

Check Steam API:
Copy and paste the following link in a web browser on the server:
http://steamcheck.ashersoftware.com
Make sure the second line reads that 'success' is 'true'. If it says 'false' or you get some other message, email me below with more details.

If you have any other trouble, feel free to contact me.

Contact: support [at] ashersoftware [dot] com. Send your OS type, the game you're hosting, your seDirector server log file, and the 'steam.inf' file from your game folder. Please send this info before you manually update, since the log and the file change after updating. Include as much detail as you can.

Thank you!

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)

Last edited by br5dy; 08-21-2013 at 01:18.
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-22-2013 , 13:37   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #127

I have Windows CSGO server. Today there was CSGO update to 1.30.1.0 and then 1.30.1.1. It did not update either without me doing it manually.

Here is my steam.inf file before:

ClientVersion=70
ServerVersion=70
PatchVersion=1.30.0.1
ProductName=csgo
appID=730

the seDirector firewall rules are already active

Last edited by Nolongerinthegame; 08-22-2013 at 13:38.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-22-2013 , 13:49   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelioneil View Post
I have Windows CSGO server. Today there was CSGO update to 1.30.1.0 and then 1.30.1.1. It did not update either without me doing it manually.

Here is my steam.inf file before:

ClientVersion=70
ServerVersion=70
PatchVersion=1.30.0.1
ProductName=csgo
appID=730

the seDirector firewall rules are already active
Thanks for sharing, the Steam API is up to date at this moment.

Can you please email me and we'll work this out there? This may be a bug.

Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-24-2013 , 07:00   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #129

I have come to the conclusion that this program...really doesn't do much of what it's claimed to do.

It has not actually updated my servers... TF2 or CS:GO. However the console is spamming "Server is out of date, please restart..." There are no firewall restrictions at all. All trouble shooting has concluded that it is the program its self that simply doesn't work as intended.

It never, and I mean NEVER restarted a crashed, or hung server.

You can even verify this by going into rcon and typing quit. Wait however long you want... this program will never detect that the srcds.exe isn't even running....

Last edited by Pitbull3; 08-24-2013 at 07:04.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-24-2013 , 10:32   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #130

Sorry it hasn't worked out for you. It runs perfectly for many people. Also consider it's not in its full release. It has only been in development for a few months.

If I run a server and close out of it, it restarts the server within just a few seconds. There are certain types of hangs that are more difficult to detect than others, but it catches most of them.

The auto update feature originally communicated with the console window through a third party extension, but it only worked consistently with TF2. Obviously a few people are having problems, but it takes time to perfect after implementing a new solution.

If you're willing to email me then we can work on a solution for the issues you are having. I could even remotely connect and determine the issue.

Last edited by br5dy; 08-24-2013 at 10:53.