Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2011 , 21:40   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.4.0 / Updated April 29 2011)
Reply With Quote #821

AFK Manager 3.4.0 released. Many thanks to Cory (clad?) for helping test the new fixes and features.

Hopefully it should be bug free and depending on interest I might look at some enhancements for next release such as AFK Menu, Sound warning before kick/move. Extended AFK timer for trading players? etc.

This plugin is now integrated with the AutoUpdate SourceMod plugin for those running that.

Enjoy.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
blue zebra
BANNED
Old 04-30-2011 , 00:13   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.4.0 / Updated April 29 2011)
Reply With Quote #822

Here is the full and correct Hungarian translation:
Attached Files
File Type: txt afk_manager.phrases.txt (1.2 KB, 134 views)
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2011 , 00:49   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.4.0 / Updated April 29 2011)
Reply With Quote #823

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue zebra View Post
Here is the full and correct Hungarian translation:
Thanks updated.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Jstn7477
Old 04-30-2011 , 01:13   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.4.0 / Updated April 29 2011)
Reply With Quote #824

Has the changelog for the newest version of this plugin been added to the original post? I used version 3.3.0 of this plugin for a while and liked the functionality, but unfortunately I recently had to remove it from my TF2 servers because it was randomly crashing them sometimes several times a day (at least the 32 player one, all are Windows with latest SM/MM:S).

I'd love to have it back, but just need to know if that issue ever came up and was resolved in this version.
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2011 , 01:16   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.4.0 / Updated April 29 2011)
Reply With Quote #825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstn7477 View Post
Has the changelog for the newest version of this plugin been added to the original post? I used version 3.3.0 of this plugin for a while and liked the functionality, but unfortunately I recently had to remove it from my TF2 servers because it was randomly crashing them sometimes several times a day (at least the 32 player one, all are Windows with latest SM/MM:S).

I'd love to have it back, but just need to know if that issue ever came up and was resolved in this version.
I was not aware of this issue from what I recall?

Do you know if it can be replicated? Are you entirely sure it was the AFK Manager?

Were there any errors being logged?
Jstn7477
Old 04-30-2011 , 01:36   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.4.0 / Updated April 29 2011)
Reply With Quote #826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
I was not aware of this issue from what I recall?

Do you know if it can be replicated? Are you entirely sure it was the AFK Manager?

Were there any errors being logged?
I don't know how long it was crashing, but recently the owner of the servers remarked that the server was crashing sometimes multiple times a day. I sort of attributed it to a possible SRCDS problem, but I began to watch the server get filled (or help fill it myself of course) and it would be running nicely and decently filled for a while (usually a few hours) before suddenly going offline and quickly restarting. There were no error logs in SM, so I was perplexed. Growing tired of refilling the same server a few times a day, I decided to start pulling SM plugins off the server. I initially pulled off a few, and let the server run. Crash. Pulled a few more off. Crash. Running out of non-AlliedModders plugins to pull off, so I started removing the rest one at a time. Took off High-Five. Crash. Took off the ragdoll dissolver. Crash. Removed AFK Manager, set mp_idledealmethod to 1. No crashes for 2 days straight. Put rest of removed plugins back on server. No crashes.

I'll try the latest version today and see if the crashes come back. If they do, I'll definitely touch base with you and see if I can give you some diagnostic information. Honestly, my testing method may not have been accurate, but I'll give it another go.
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2011 , 01:40   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.4.0 / Updated April 29 2011)
Reply With Quote #827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstn7477 View Post
I don't know how long it was crashing, but recently the owner of the servers remarked that the server was crashing sometimes multiple times a day. I sort of attributed it to a possible SRCDS problem, but I began to watch the server get filled (or help fill it myself of course) and it would be running nicely and decently filled for a while (usually a few hours) before suddenly going offline and quickly restarting. There were no error logs in SM, so I was perplexed. Growing tired of refilling the same server a few times a day, I decided to start pulling SM plugins off the server. I initially pulled off a few, and let the server run. Crash. Pulled a few more off. Crash. Running out of non-AlliedModders plugins to pull off, so I started removing the rest one at a time. Took off High-Five. Crash. Took off the ragdoll dissolver. Crash. Removed AFK Manager, set mp_idledealmethod to 1. No crashes for 2 days straight. Put rest of removed plugins back on server. No crashes.

I'll try the latest version today and see if the crashes come back. If they do, I'll definitely touch base with you and see if I can give you some diagnostic information. Honestly, my testing method may not have been accurate, but I'll give it another go.
Yeah sounds good. That definitely seems weird. I mean there are over 1K servers using the plugin without issue so that is very bizarre.

If you find it's crashing I am happy to look into it though or even maybe If you have the crash dump file I can send it over to one of the SourceMod guys to look through.

In any case see how you go
matrixmark
Old 04-30-2011 , 03:03   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.4.0 / Updated April 29 2011)
Reply With Quote #828

New version no longer loads for me so have had to unload it for now which is a big shame as we really need this :O:O

Quote:
L 04/30/2011 - 06:56:00: [SM] Unable to load plugin "afk_manager.smx": Native "GetEntityFlags" was not found
^^ is the error in the logs.

I am running:
Quote:
Metamod:Source version 1.9.0-dev
SourceMod Version: 1.4.0-dev
This worked perfectly fine on the previous versions so im not looking for people telling me to use the normal versions of SM&MM....

Thanks for looking

Mark
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2011 , 04:11   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.4.0 / Updated April 29 2011)
Reply With Quote #829

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmark View Post
New version no longer loads for me so have had to unload it for now which is a big shame as we really need this :O:O

^^ is the error in the logs.

I am running:
This worked perfectly fine on the previous versions so im not looking for people telling me to use the normal versions of SM&MM....

Thanks for looking

Mark
What mod is this? Have you tried compiling yourself?

EDIT: I have been told you need to update your SourceMod snapshot as the webcompiler I guess uses newer methods than your current build.

Can you update and try again?

Or alternatively if you compile it yourself on your version I assume it would use whatever methods your version supports.

Last edited by Rothgar; 04-30-2011 at 04:55.
clad
Old 04-30-2011 , 04:25   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.4.0 / Updated April 29 2011)
Reply With Quote #830

1.4, development branch
that may be the issue, as we only tested this on:

DODS:

04:19:41 SourceMod Version Information:
SourceMod Version: 1.3.7
SourcePawn Engine: SourcePawn 1.1, jit-x86 (build 1.3.7)
SourcePawn API: v1 = 4, v2 = 3
Compiled on: Apr 15 2011 06:18:40
Build ID: 3129:0f35d8b324ba
http://www.sourcemod.net/

and

Team Fortress 2:

04:20:04 SourceMod Version Information:
SourceMod Version: 1.3.8-dev
SourcePawn Engine: SourcePawn 1.1, jit-x86 (build 1.3.8-dev)
SourcePawn API: v1 = 4, v2 = 3
Compiled on: Apr 17 2011 07:20:04
Build ID: 3132:8259a7ae8528-dev
http://www.sourcemod.net/

I never tested it on 1.4.0 as it's not really suppose to be used for production/public servers i don't think.