Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Failed to unban a player.

Post New Thread Reply   

valentinee
Old 09-15-2019 , 14:12   Failed to unban a player.
Reply With Quote #1

Hello everyone!

We have reached a point where we don't know what to do.
We banned a player in-game through the admin panel and it didn't registered it in sourcebans.
We've tried to unban through sourcebans but it said there's no such ban in the database.
When we banned him it showed an error message which was the following:
"L 09/14/2019 - 230:54: [sbpp_main.smx] Verify Insert Query Failed: Incorrect string value: '\xC3 \xA1s s...' for column 'reason' at row 1
L 09/15/2019 - 12:45:25: [sbpp_main.smx] Verify Insert Query Failed: Incorrect string value: '\xC3 \xA1s s...' for column 'reason' at row 1
L 09/15/2019 - 12:47:57: [sbpp_main.smx] Verify Insert Query Failed: Incorrect string value: '\xC3 \xA1s s...' for column 'reason' at row 1"
After that the ban was saved into the banned_users.cfg file.
We weren't able to remove his id through the rcon with the removeid STEAM_xxxx command neither.
We were able to unban him and he was able to join when we disabled sourcebans++ and started the basebans plugin.
After we unbanned him and the server changed map he wasn't able to join once again, and we had to do the process again.

Any ideas?
asdfxD
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2019 , 04:19   Re: Failed to unban a player.
Reply With Quote #2

had the same issue weeks ago. Some players where banned by votes. Their timebans where expired but the server has re-banned them always for 5 minutes by console when they try to join the server, no one of them was listed on the sourcebans banlist. the problem is the database charset and mysql settings.

after some testing it has beed fixed for me with this and everything is going to work correctly.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...postcount=1377

edit:

tested again. changing charset in sourcebans config.php and database.sql should be enough.

my player name is ✪��unknown✪ and i just banned myself for 10 minutes. the sourcebans error log is as follow:

Quote:
L 09/16/2019 - 104:11: [sbpp_main.smx] Verify Insert Query Failed: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9D\x96\x92un...' for column 'name' at row 1
no matter if "for column 'name'" or "for column 'reason'"

and my ban is not listed at the sourcebans banlist and unbanning is not possible.

now i changed only the charset to utf8mb4 in /var/www/html/sourcebans_dir/config.php and all utf8 entrys in sourcebans database.sql, restarting the mysql server and now it is working again. Join server, banned myself again without error message and ✪��unknown✪ is listed in banlist.

Last edited by asdfxD; 09-16-2019 at 05:01.
asdfxD
Veteran Member
Old 11-05-2019 , 00:24   Re: Failed to unban a player.
Reply With Quote #3

It happens again with other chars ...

L 11/05/2019 - 06:04:07: [sbpp_main.smx] Verify Insert Query Failed: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9D\x94\xB2 \xF0...' for column 'name' at row 1

Since i fixed the chars above it starts again with this chars ->

$ �� �� �� �� �� ��

edit: fixed -> https://github.com/sbpp/sourcebans-p...ment-322236499

Last edited by asdfxD; 11-05-2019 at 02:28.