Forlix FloodCheck

Post New Thread Reply   

vodka00
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2012 , 15:14   Re: Forlix FloodCheck
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlix View Post
You can set in the SourceMod prefs if chat triggers should be hidden or shown, and which characters are used for hidden and public triggers. Other than that I have no idea what could cause this (and no way to reproduce it). If it seems random then its most likely normal operation - maybe lowering the sensitivity of the flood protection helps.
Yeah the cvar is set to exclude the chat triggers, but it catches them anyway. I'll try to lower some values, but to me these cvars are slightly confusing :c

edit: yeah, I tried and it's all so confusing, I try to disable (set to 0) some cvars and I try to increase them with no visible difference.

Also, what makes it censor "hello peter!!" but not "hello peter"?

Last edited by vodka00; 10-31-2012 at 15:21.
Forlix
Old 10-31-2012 , 15:30   Re: Forlix FloodCheck
Reply With Quote #92

There is no such censoring. The only thing that comes to mind that could cause your troubles is the built in chat deadtime of 0.75 seconds. Meaning you can not post a message 0.75 seconds after posting a chat trigger or another message, no matter what. This restriction is already enforced by the game itself and FloodCheck has this built in as a backup. This is to prevent people from spamming with binds and essentially no one can type relevant/meaningful messages in 0.75 seconds anyway, so no one should ever find this restrictive.
Send a message via ICQ to Forlix Send a message via MSN to Forlix
vodka00
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2012 , 15:34   Re: Forlix FloodCheck
Reply With Quote #93

If it's built in shouldn't it stop people spamming? There isn't anything that limits players spam on our server, they can spam until it crashes or they get gagged. But right after I load the plugin, first thing I try out is any ! trigger (even fake ones like !blahblah) it still doesn't send it through.

edit: Also, generally what do lower values mean for _interval commands? This is slightly confusing because it's not working properly for me and it is hard to see the changes after I increase or lower values for cvars.

Last edited by vodka00; 10-31-2012 at 18:26.
Forlix
Old 11-01-2012 , 12:10   Re: Forlix FloodCheck
Reply With Quote #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka00 View Post
If it's built in shouldn't it stop people spamming?
As I said it only prevents you, after having sent a chat message, from sending one again within the next 0.75 seconds. So you cannot send a message every 0.5 seconds, but you can still send a message every 0.8 seconds, which is still pretty much spamming. This is just to prevent you from hammering some say binds basically, and flooding the chat so badly that other messages from other players get pushed up and out of view really fast.

Quote:
edit: Also, generally what do lower values mean for _interval commands? This is slightly confusing because it's not working properly for me and it is hard to see the changes after I increase or lower values for cvars.
I think the description pretty much explains it:

forlix_floodcheck_chat_interval (default 4)
- Minimum average interval in seconds between a players chat- and radio-messages (0 to disable)

A player sends a chat message. Then he sends another one. The time between the two messages is the interval. If this interval happens to be shorter than what is set in this ConVar, and after the player has done this several times in a row (forlix_floodcheck_chat_num-times), he will be considered spamming and any further messages will be blocked, until he lets at least forlix_floodcheck_chat_interval seconds pass before sending another message.
vodka00
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2012 , 16:13   Re: Forlix FloodCheck
Reply With Quote #95

Alright thank you for explanation. As far as I know there are absolutely no limits on my server. You can bind 10 says to a key and then spam that key, all of it will be in chat.

If you feel like seeing how the plugin works on my server, you can come in and I can help with checking why it's not working like it should.

IP is 209.246.142.75:27015 if you feel like coming in, I'll be there always.
Forlix
Old 11-01-2012 , 17:23   Re: Forlix FloodCheck
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
Alright thank you for explanation. As far as I know there are absolutely no limits on my server. You can bind 10 says to a key and then spam that key, all of it will be in chat.

If you feel like seeing how the plugin works on my server, you can come in and I can help with checking why it's not working like it should.

IP is 209.246.142.75:27015 if you feel like coming in, I'll be there always.
I see you're running some chat color stuff - this is probably the issue. Try unloading those plugins. If its not it, one of the other plugins is probably causing the issues as it looks like your server has dozens of plugins and you're modifying a LOT of stuff, even things that shouldn't be changed (like the gamename). Try isolating which plugin is causing it and then I can see if there's a solution.
vodka00
Veteran Member
Old 11-02-2012 , 06:51   Re: Forlix FloodCheck
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlix View Post
I see you're running some chat color stuff - this is probably the issue. Try unloading those plugins. If its not it, one of the other plugins is probably causing the issues as it looks like your server has dozens of plugins and you're modifying a LOT of stuff, even things that shouldn't be changed (like the gamename). Try isolating which plugin is causing it and then I can see if there's a solution.
I just realized that my server has that build in antiflood disabled somehow. It works fine on just Create Server. What plugins do you think could be doing something like this?
Forlix
Old 11-02-2012 , 11:09   Re: Forlix FloodCheck
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
I just realized that my server has that build in antiflood disabled somehow. It works fine on just Create Server. What plugins do you think could be doing something like this?
Anything related to the chat I would guess. As I said, try removing that chat color thing, its highly probable that its the cause. If its inserting some colors into chat messages then floodcheck will pick them up and block them. Also, if its processing the chat it may very well be that its circumventing the games antiflood.
wendigo
Old 11-28-2012 , 05:06   Re: Forlix FloodCheck
Reply With Quote #99

So this plugin is a must have?

Works for l4d2?

I'm not sure how to install it. Do I just drop the forlix_floodcheck.smx into the "..../addons/sourcemod/plugins" and thats it?

Last edited by wendigo; 11-28-2012 at 05:06.
Forlix
Old 11-28-2012 , 13:20   Re: Forlix FloodCheck
Reply With Quote #100

I highly recommend it, and that is the way to install it, but I cant guarantee that it will work flawlessly with L4D(2) as I dont own these games. Maybe someone else tried this already? I only know that it works fine in CS:S and TF2, and most likely also in DOD:S.