Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

SourceMod Pack 1.3.7 available!

Post New Thread Reply   

tcviper
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2011 , 09:25   SourceMod Pack 1.3.7 available!
Reply With Quote #1

The zip file includes everything you need to simply start using Metamod: Source with a very complete SourceMod Installation, including SteamGroupadmins support, quakesounds, TKManager, Weapon Restrictions and a lot more.

This is based on Metamod Source 1.8.6 and SourceMod 1.3.7 with basic plugins for Counter-Strike: Source.

More info and the download over here.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-08-2011 , 09:36   Re: SourceMod Pack 1.3.7 available!
Reply With Quote #2

This is fantastic, great work Viper! I think this would really convince a lot of people who currently use multiple mods (e.g. mani and sourcemod) to convert to purely Sourcemod!

Just a quick question, what is the server redirect plugin called? You refer to redirect_servers.cfg but I cannot see this in the addons/sourcemod/configs folder nor can I see the plugin in plugins folder

Last edited by Nolongerinthegame; 05-08-2011 at 09:40.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-08-2011 , 11:26   Re: SourceMod Pack 1.3.7 available!
Reply With Quote #3

Nice!!

I didn't know we were allowed to post such "packs"... I have MM/SM setup in such a way it's a replacement for the almost all-but-abandoned Beetlesmod. For years we had used both BM and MM/SM, but since the OB update, BM hasn't been the same. For that, I put together a complete SM pack that has 99% of the features that both SM and BM offered together.

I'll post my pack in a new thread once I clean up the old configs that were left behind when I switched plugins around.

Good job on this pack

...:: TnT Edit ::...
One question, are you going to keep this pack updated? When plugins need updating are you going to release little patch update files so server admins can just unzip and drop in the fixed gamedata/smx/dll/so files?
tcviper
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2011 , 04:05   Re: SourceMod Pack 1.3.7 available!
Reply With Quote #4

nelioneil: I removed that plugin for now as it is not stable anymore.
Instead you can use this one: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=535645

TnTSCS: If you want i can add that aswell on GameConnect as a download.
It will stay updated yes and for other Source games aswell if people request it (since its a lot of work). We might aswell do that yes with updates.
Grim Reaper
Old 05-09-2011 , 05:17   Re: SourceMod Pack 1.3.7 available!
Reply With Quote #5

In my opinion I don't think this is good for the sourcemod community. I am glad I wasn't given an all in one because it encouraged me or made me come in here and learn the basics on my own with support from the community here. Just my thoughts.

Although I am sure there are some people that will most likely benefit from this.

tcviper
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2011 , 06:27   Re: SourceMod Pack 1.3.7 available!
Reply With Quote #6

This isnt about what you like, this is just a way to help people that have no idea what to get and where. It was requested many times that's why I updated it. Plus, apart from that, it's optional, not a must have ;)
Grim Reaper
Old 05-09-2011 , 07:25   Re: SourceMod Pack 1.3.7 available!
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcviper View Post
This isnt about what you like,
Hey Viper firstly I never made statement of weather I liked it or not. What I did say is that I didn't think it was good for the/a community to make things easy for people. I appreciate that you don't like my opinion but putting words into my mouth isn't fair.

I also added that its probably going to benefit some who may just never get to put the jigsaw together to make a picture for themselves and I suppose thats ok too.

I would suppose that my opinions come from doing it myself all my life and benefiting from it. I'm not a young fella you know so maybe I'm a bit oldcootish in my thinking. One thing I did learn getting there is that is ok to have an opinion in an open forum where opinions are meant to be invited.

Having cried all that out may I say GJ to you for doing it? Again I am sure people will benefit.

TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-09-2011 , 10:34   Re: SourceMod Pack 1.3.7 available!
Reply With Quote #8

It is a double edged sword... but, I think there is a need for it in this community. I know I've been asked half a dozen times to put together a pack of needed plugins to simulate other mods so they can replace their dying mod with Sourcemod. Sourcemod is a bit more complex than others, perhaps, but it is much more diverse.

With that diversity comes the complexity of sifting through all of the available plugins to find one that suits your needs. This is why people sometimes get exasperated in their search and resort to asking for a plugin in the forum, only to be slapped down by someone who "knows the ropes" and backhandedly points them to the already existent plugin.

Anyways, I agree with sin, this type of sourcemod pack (or pack flavors such as the different one I'm configuring) will help some (maybe a lot) of server admins in this community, but it may hinder others who, without a pack, would come to learn sourcepawn and start making plugins and become another great addition to the plugin authors of this great community.
mudza
Old 05-09-2011 , 11:18   Re: SourceMod Pack 1.3.7 available!
Reply With Quote #9

You are trying to download SourceMod Pack 1.3.7, but the link that brought you here has expired. Please go back to the download page to download this file.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-09-2011 , 11:20   Re: SourceMod Pack 1.3.7 available!
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudza View Post
You are trying to download SourceMod Pack 1.3.7, but the link that brought you here has expired. Please go back to the download page to download this file.
ya, that happened to me yesterday, but I had already downloaded it once, so I thought it was a built in feature to only allow one download per IP or something.