Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Module: CS Hack

Post New Thread Reply   

Geesu
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2004 , 07:39  
Reply With Quote #21

OK bad news This crashes my W2K3 server when someone enters the game (people join the server), but I'm guessing when they spawn it crashes. I can't get in the game fast enough to tell.

Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <cshack> public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("CS Hack Sample", "1.00", "Damaged Soul")     cs_set_startmoney_max(2147483583) }

I tried 32000 as well and it still crashed.
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-17-2004 , 07:57  
Reply With Quote #22

Hmm, I'm not experiencing this crash on my Windows XP machine. I don't have access to a 2K3 machine to do any definitive tests. But are you running CZ or CS 1.6? And also, does the default sample plugin run fine?

But if the server is CZ then that may be the problem as I have not tested it all on CZ. It's possible some offsets may be wrong for the CZ DLL. And as much as I would love to fully support CZ, I don't think I currently have the time to go and verify all the offsets and possibly correct them for CZ as I am fairly busy with other things right now.
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2004 , 08:00  
Reply With Quote #23

CZ :/
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-17-2004 , 13:45  
Reply With Quote #24

I have updated the binaries and source code as you have requested, Pimp Daddy.

The changes with these new binaries are as follows:
  • Fixed AMD64 shutdown crash
  • Fixed cs_set_startmoney_max for work on CZ (requested by Pimp Daddy)
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-29-2004 , 09:20  
Reply With Quote #25

Another bug has reported by Geesu. When you try to switch to a team from spectator mode in CS 1.6, the server will crash. This is now been fixed. The updated binaries are in the first post of this thread and the updated source is of course in the CVS.

There also now appears to be an issue with running this module on FreeBSD. I believe it is due to the fact that memory maps file that CS Hack looks for, is in a different format than what it was coded for.

However, I will not be fixing this nor any other new bug that crops up. Anyone else is free to fix a bug themselves if they know how. Feel free to use it for any plugin if it's not causing a problem. But I am now no longer supporting this module in any way.

This is because I really want to concentrate on HL2, CS:S, and SourceMod and won't have time to deal with any AMXX related things. A SourceMod version of CS Hack will be made at some point in the future, as well as a more generic module that I am currently calling MemHack. The new module will be much better designed and coded and hopefully be less crash prone. I have already started on the framework for this. This AMXX version was very poorly coded, in my opinion.

I also know that I mentioned that I was writing a document/tutorial on what I had done. But I am no longer going to do that in regards to the AMXX version of this module. When I am done with the version for SourceMod I will be writing the tutorial then in regards to CS:S.

Once again, I just want to say that this module is now more or less just a proof of concept even if it is really badly coded.
uhujup
Old 01-09-2005 , 13:48  
Reply With Quote #26

hi.

i cant get cshack modul running on my vserver. same configuration is working on my normal linux box. anyone knows a workaround or a fix?

errormsg is:

L 01/09/2005 - 19:45:55: [CSHACK] Error reading memory maps file. Natives not available. (file "/proc/17284/maps") (error "Success")
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-09-2005 , 19:58  
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhujup
hi.

i cant get cshack modul running on my vserver. same configuration is working on my normal linux box. anyone knows a workaround or a fix?

errormsg is:

L 01/09/2005 - 19:45:55: [CSHACK] Error reading memory maps file. Natives not available. (file "/proc/17284/maps") (error "Success")
I'm probably just stupid here, but I'm not exactly sure what a vserver is to be honest. But is that server running on Linux also? Or is it perhaps on FreeBSD? Because I know there are problems with FreeBSD in particluar. But maybe there just isn't a maps file in that location.

Next time you see that message, if you have shell access to the server, go to the /proc/<number> directory and let me know if a file called "maps" even exists. That error message isn't exactly helpful I know, but it's just displayed when there's a problem reading that file which is needed by CS Hack in order to get the location of the cs_i386.so in memory. This is something I'll have to watch out for in SM.

I don't think there's really a workaround here. But if you are using this module for War3 FT, then you might want to wait. I gave Geesu permission to rip some code out this module to use in his War3 FT module since his plugin only uses one thing from this module anyways. And hopefully that wiill have a nice fixed up version of code for you to use.
Old 01-10-2005 , 04:53  
Reply With Quote #28

Hi,

a vserver is e.g. UML (User Mode Linux), many virtual server on a strong hostserver. Every user got root-access and his own kernel running. Yes, i want to use it for wc3ft.

L 01/10/2005 - 10:45:17: [CSHACK] Error reading memory maps file. Natives not available. (file "/proc/20360/maps") (error "Success")

Code:
hlds@vs170137:~$ ls /proc/20360
cmdline  cpu  cwd  environ  exe  fd  maps  mem  mounts  root  stat  statm  status
hlds@vs170137:~$ cat /proc/20360/maps
08048000-08054000 r-xp 00000000 09:01 8693402
.lots
.of
.crap
43df3000-43e22000 rwxp 00090000 00:00 0
bffa5000-c0000000 rwxp fffa6000 00:00 0
hlds@vs170137:~$
Geesu
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2005 , 08:29  
Reply With Quote #29

you can compile war3ft to not use the cshack module. Try doing that.
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-29-2005 , 21:56   Re: Module: CS Hack
Reply With Quote #30

Do any plugins yet use this Module ?
Shortly after posting that image, Jason crushed the truck into a ball with his hands, and tossed it over his shoulder.
Send a message via ICQ to {NM}Jason Send a message via AIM to {NM}Jason Send a message via MSN to {NM}Jason Send a message via Yahoo to {NM}Jason