Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Simple Swear Replacement 1.5

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Fun Stuff        Approver:   DS (30)
kaboomkazoom
Old 02-16-2005 , 14:29   Simple Swear Replacement 1.5
Reply With Quote #1

Simple Swear Replacement filter 1.5
Replaces the chat message containing any swear word with a replacement line from replacements.ini

So anyone who swears will himself be insulted.

Whenever any message is replaced, then the original message containing Swears will be shown to all the Admins (So the Admins know what was said).

Admin messages are not replaced. So they can Swear ;)

Uses swearwords.ini and replacements.ini files. Put these files in the AMX Config Directory. Other swear files can also be used.
You can also add Swear Words and Replacement Lines to the files in between the game whenever you want.

Console Commands
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

amx_addswear < swear word > - To add a swear word in swearwords.ini and start blocking the word from that moment on.

amx_addreplacement < replacement line > - To add a new replacement line in replacements.ini

New :
* Added another feature to counter the people who try to be clever and deceive the swearing filters by adding spaces or special characters (For Example - typing SWEAR as - $WE@R or S W E @ R). This swear filter is capable of catching such tricks and still replace the swear words.
* Added the Player's Name monitoring too. So if any player connects to the server whose name contains any swear word then his/her name will automatically be changed to No Swear

P.S. If the number of swear words or replacement lines exceeds 150 or 50 respectively then change the values of MAX_WORDS and MAX_REPLACE in sma file.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (swear_replacement.sma - 36726 views - 7.4 KB)
File Type: zip sample_lists.zip (991 Bytes, 22832 views)
kaboomkazoom
Old 02-17-2005 , 19:29   New Feature
Reply With Quote #2

New features are added as the need be and things come to my mind. User comments are welcome.
CF|Punisher
Old 02-17-2005 , 20:28  
Reply With Quote #3

Will this work with mods other than CS?
kaboomkazoom
Old 02-18-2005 , 03:58  
Reply With Quote #4

Tested and tried on CS 1.5 , CS 1.6, CZ and DOD - its working on all of them.
It should work on all other mods too.
flames
Old 02-18-2005 , 04:20  
Reply With Quote #5

Hi, I run a CS 1.5 server by the name of server IndiaGamers.com on a nationwide lan (Reliance Webwords in India). This plugin is a wonderful addon to my server.

Prior to amxmodx i used to run ClanMod on my server but then I had to remove it bacause of its lack of features and much more facilities provided by amxmodx. However, i was not able to find the swear replacement for amx which i had in clan mod and had missed it long since. But the wait is over and finally we have a replacement plugin which is so flexible and customisable.

Apart from being a good abuse control plugin, it provides for the entertainment of all the players when some1 swears and gets insulted him/herself - Your ass my face, whats the difference hahahah

Thanks to the author for the plugin, keep up the good word.
kaboomkazoom
Old 02-18-2005 , 10:49  
Reply With Quote #6

ya flames i picked up the idea from ClanMod, but cud not find any swear filter of that type for AMX so i thought why dont i make a plugin myself. ;)

thanks for your support guys but i would really appreciate some votes too. so if you guys like the plugin then vote for it too.
CF|Punisher
Old 02-18-2005 , 19:39  
Reply With Quote #7

Installed and tested this plugin on my clans NS 3.0b5 server and it's working just fine.
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2005 , 19:43  
Reply With Quote #8

Good job, kaboom. Why not add an option (preferably controlled by cvar) to instead of replacing what they say entirely, just replace the sweard word with asterisks? Just a little project for you, then I'd use it on my server. :-P
flames
Old 02-19-2005 , 00:40  
Reply With Quote #9

Such Swear Fulter which would print something like - What and *** - are already available. I was using "Advanced Swear Filter and Punishments" warlier to this swear replacements - http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=547
However this rox ... free entertainment for all the players whne some1 swears
FeuerSturm
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-19-2005 , 04:50  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAvalanchexX
Good job, kaboom. Why not add an option (preferably controlled by cvar) to instead of replacing what they say entirely, just replace the sweard word with asterisks? Just a little project for you, then I'd use it on my server. :-P
yup, same for me, a cvar to decide either to replace it all
or to just replace bad words with ************ would be nice.

btw, this is working fine on my DoD server, good work

5 points / Useful