Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

C0nw0nk
Old 03-13-2015 , 22:21   Re: [v2.1] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #391

I remember using this software when you released it in development mode

Good to see its still comming along strong but after installing it on one of my machines your app seems to be crashing v2.2* It runs and after 30-60 seconds it will just close no error no event logs. Also br5dy add Paypal and i will purchase the software from you and i am sure many others, entering credit card details in on such low traffic sites is kinda sketchy. Looking forward to your response to see what to do about this close/crash of your software would love to get back to testing it out again.

Looking at above posts currently going to test with V2.0 : https://s3.amazonaws.com/ashersoftwa...ector_v2.0.exe

Also lack of Uninstaller is another problem and downgrading to the previous version will result in "a more recent version of sedirector is installed on this computer." So back to square one. Stuck with the latest version do not want to have to reinstall the OS just to fix such a small problem.

//EDIT : After restarting the server app crashes seem to have stopped will post back if any new changes occur.

Also my Cisco firewall prevents your program from connecting to the internet some documentation on the ports your program itself wants to connect / talk with would be nice.

Sent a payment to your paypal.

The easy install features are nice of metamod and sourcemod isit possible you can also add http://ulyssesmod.net/downloads.php ULX for those of us who run Gmod servers. Since MetaMod and SourceMod is incompatible with GMOD. (Such a pitty Sourcemod / Metamod will not update it to be compatible again.)

Another one you could add is Mani Admin plugin. http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/cms/index.php (That does not work Gmod but all other source games it should be fine.)

Also will you consider adopting / expanding to other games not just source engine ? (Killing Floor would be great )

And another idea i have to add would be adopting the steam collection command line so you can add workshop items to your server.
Code:
+host_workshop_collection WORKSHOPID -authkey YOURKEYGOESHERE

Last edited by C0nw0nk; 03-16-2015 at 10:08.
Send a message via MSN to C0nw0nk
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-16-2015 , 20:09   Re: [v2.1] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglee241 View Post
is there any plan to add feature that order server list?
It's not at the top of our list but it is in the works.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-16-2015 , 20:16   Re: [v2.1] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0nw0nk View Post
Also br5dy add Paypal and i will purchase the software from you and i am sure many others, entering credit card details in on such low traffic sites is kinda sketchy.
I can see how this would detour some folks from purchasing. I'll consider adding in PayPal without the manual PayPal payment process.

Quote:
Also lack of Uninstaller is another problem and downgrading to the previous version will result in "a more recent version of sedirector is installed on this computer." So back to square one. Stuck with the latest version do not want to have to reinstall the OS just to fix such a small problem.
We plan on implementing a self-updater that will take care of the updates without having to go out and download the full package again. It's on the to-do list but we're still working out some bugs.

Quote:
Also my Cisco firewall prevents your program from connecting to the internet some documentation on the ports your program itself wants to connect / talk with would be nice.
The only ports that are used outbound to the Internet are 80 and 443.

Quote:
The easy install features are nice of metamod and sourcemod isit possible you can also add http://ulyssesmod.net/downloads.php ULX for those of us who run Gmod servers. Since MetaMod and SourceMod is incompatible with GMOD. (Such a pitty Sourcemod / Metamod will not update it to be compatible again.)

Another one you could add is Mani Admin plugin. http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/cms/index.php (That does not work Gmod but all other source games it should be fine.)
Submit your idea on the support site and we'll see how many votes it gets. If it's popular enough, it will be implemented.

Quote:
Also will you consider adopting / expanding to other games not just source engine ? (Killing Floor would be great )
At this time, we do not plan on expanding beyond Source Engine, although, if the votes get high enough on the support site, we may end up branching out.

Quote:
And another idea i have to add would be adopting the steam collection command line so you can add workshop items to your server.
Code:
+host_workshop_collection WORKSHOPID -authkey YOURKEYGOESHERE
This one is on the agenda, right after the bug fixes.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-16-2015 , 20:20   Re: [v2.1] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #394

HEY EVERYONE

Hopefully this fixes the freezing issue! Can some of you that were having issues try this version? It's version 2.2.1. We have optimized the code and it should handle memory better now. (we're hoping)

Here's the download link:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ashersoftwa...tor_v2.2.1.exe

You will have to uninstall seDirector (no, your servers & settings will not go away, and then install the above version.

C0nw0nk
Old 03-17-2015 , 14:27   Re: [v2.2.1] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windo
Reply With Quote #395

Can't i click help and "Check for updates" or your software needs manualy to be updated ?

I left my 3 ideas on your idea bank. http://support.ashersoftware.com/for...7864-idea-bank

If i think of any others i will post them.

Last edited by C0nw0nk; 03-17-2015 at 14:45.
e54385991
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-18-2015 , 15:00   Re: [v2.1] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
HEY EVERYONE

Hopefully this fixes the freezing issue! Can some of you that were having issues try this version? It's version 2.2.1. We have optimized the code and it should handle memory better now. (we're hoping)

Here's the download link:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ashersoftwa...tor_v2.2.1.exe

You will have to uninstall seDirector (no, your servers & settings will not go away, and then install the above version.
2.0 no freeze

2.21 still freeze ... i uninstall seDirector2.0 first

Last edited by e54385991; 03-18-2015 at 15:01.
Send a message via ICQ to e54385991
Maximoose
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-18-2015 , 16:43   Re: [v2.2.1] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windo
Reply With Quote #397

2.21 still freeze on W7. updated from 2.2
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-18-2015 , 19:44   Re: [v2.2.1] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windo
Reply With Quote #398

Try this one in the zip file. Just replace seDirector.exe with this version in the Program Files folder under Asher Software.

This one is not "signed" so it may say unknown publisher, just click Run/Yes.

http://sedirector.com/debug/seDirector.zip

dilalmon
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-19-2015 , 01:04   Re: [v2.2.1] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windo
Reply With Quote #399

Quote:
Try this one in the zip file. Just replace seDirector.exe with this version in the Program Files folder under Asher Software.

This one is not "signed" so it may say unknown publisher, just click Run/Yes.

http://sedirector.com/debug/seDirector.zip
2.2.1 Still freezes, and I can't even run this on Windows 2012 R2.
It says "A referral was returned from the server." Probably has something to do with its unsigned properties.
C0nw0nk
Old 03-19-2015 , 02:47   Re: [v2.1] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #400

Quote:
How exactly do we uninstall it when there is no uninstaller nor any documentation telling us how to remove it ?

Or isit just using the normal windows built in uninstaller from the control panel.

Last edited by C0nw0nk; 03-19-2015 at 03:02.