Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

Pickles47
Old 08-24-2013 , 15:26   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
I have come to the conclusion that this program...really doesn't do much of what it's claimed to do.

It has not actually updated my servers... TF2 or CS:GO. However the console is spamming "Server is out of date, please restart..." There are no firewall restrictions at all. All trouble shooting has concluded that it is the program its self that simply doesn't work as intended.

It never, and I mean NEVER restarted a crashed, or hung server.

You can even verify this by going into rcon and typing quit. Wait however long you want... this program will never detect that the srcds.exe isn't even running....
I've been using the program for over a month running a couple TF2 servers and have not had any problems (with the exception of 1 or 2 hangs that required a manual restart and a problem with auto-update all of which just surfaced during the past week).

The program does precisely what it says it does.

Last edited by Pickles47; 08-24-2013 at 15:27.
C0nw0nk
Old 08-24-2013 , 20:22   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #132

Looks good Br5dy added my email to your mailing list awaiting for a beta download can't wait for a stable official release
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-25-2013 , 15:46   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #133

It's just not working as intended... program is sluggish feeling upon doing anything, everything is slow to open... This is very odd....

This is on a box with 32gb ram, and Dual Xeon's... only utilizing 18GB of the 32GB of ram...

Last edited by Pitbull3; 08-25-2013 at 15:50.
C0nw0nk
Old 08-25-2013 , 17:39   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #134

Quote:
It's just not working as intended... program is sluggish feeling upon doing anything, everything is slow to open... This is very odd....

This is on a box with 32gb ram, and Dual Xeon's... only utilizing 18GB of the 32GB of ram...
It is beta and looks like you are using a OVH server https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/ ?

depends on how many servers you have running from the program ?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-25-2013 , 17:48   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #135

Not using an OVH server... doesn't matter anyway

I only have 9 servers running on the program.. and it actually seems like the program is making some of my servers crash...

Tested... 2 exact same servers "copy/paste" one running normal CMD, other seDirector.... the normal CMD run server uptime = 5 days, seDirector run server uptime = 3 hours then it crashed.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-26-2013 , 00:31   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #136

Hmm, odd indeed. I have several test servers running, and only one of the games has crashed in the past week, once. My test server has only 1 GB of RAM, too.

With 32 GB of RAM I couldn't imagine there being an issue on memory, can you go into Task Manager and let me know the amount of memory for seDirector.exe and seDirectorService.exe? Right now I'm only at 1 MB memory and 1% CPU.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
DD32KA
Old 08-26-2013 , 02:40   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #137

this is hlsw 2.0 ?

can i use it on windows 4 my debian servers ?

Last edited by DD32KA; 08-26-2013 at 02:41.
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-26-2013 , 07:41   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #138

Quote:
Not using an OVH server... doesn't matter anyway

I only have 9 servers running on the program.. and it actually seems like the program is making some of my servers crash...

Tested... 2 exact same servers "copy/paste" one running normal CMD, other seDirector.... the normal CMD run server uptime = 5 days, seDirector run server uptime = 3 hours then it crashed.
I run ovh servers which of course does not matter, on Windows OS. My servers stayed up for at least 3 days before I restarted.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-26-2013 , 11:38   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD32KA View Post
this is hlsw 2.0 ?

can i use it on windows 4 my debian servers ?
No, this is a server manager for Windows-based servers.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-26-2013 , 11:41   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #140

Good news, all. After working with a user that was having a problem with auto update, I identified a bug in the program that may affect the auto-update function with other users. It only occurs on machines with certain networking configurations. There will be an update released to fix this problem by Wednesday evening.