Basic Admin Tool

Post New Thread Reply   

EKS
Veteran Member
Old 12-13-2005 , 13:37  
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmongoose
What's wrong with the classic non-menu based (chat based) map voting style of adminmod? I honestly always liked that map vote style... That could work for HL2MP hell even as just a standalone plugin, there you go plugin writers, standalone text based map voting system ;).
Pft, i was gonna suggest that, but i forgot Not realy that hard to code in if its wanted.

@ryker I just tried loading both BAT and stripper on my lan server, no crash. Can you zip up your config and give it to me? So i can see if that crashes?
EDIT: EKS @ Quakenet / Gamesurge you can find mere there
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 12-13-2005 , 15:07  
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS
Pft, i was gonna suggest that, but i forgot Not realy that hard to code in if its wanted.
Then code it :p

P.S. I'll try to upload those backups today, I got really busy all of a sudden

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
ryker
Old 12-13-2005 , 16:52  
Reply With Quote #73

@EKS - Here are all of my config files that are executed when the server starts up. I didn't include autoexec.cfg because I have nothing in it.

Thank you for taking a look at this. Bailopan is also working on troubleshooting this problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip configs.zip (3.3 KB, 116 views)
Arsenic0
Old 12-13-2005 , 17:59  
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmongoose
What's wrong with the classic non-menu based (chat based) map voting style of adminmod? I honestly always liked that map vote style... That could work for HL2MP hell even as just a standalone plugin, there you go plugin writers, standalone text based map voting system ;).

@ryker I just tried loading both BAT and stripper on my lan server, no crash. Can you zip up your config and give it to me? So i can see if that crashes?
EDIT: EKS @ Quakenet / Gamesurge you can find mere there
Oh god please yes do it I'm tempted to just write it myself but im too busy with my Map and other things that i dont wanna spend the time when you will probably add it anyways

Hopefully you can sneak that out to us sometime soon It would be much appreciated.
Send a message via ICQ to Arsenic0 Send a message via AIM to Arsenic0 Send a message via MSN to Arsenic0
Monkwarrior
Old 12-14-2005 , 08:46   HL2DM-based mods will be growing fast
Reply With Quote #75

We run HL2DM-based servers too, one of them being for a briljant mod called Battlegrounds 2 (www.bgmod.com). Any menu would be highly appreciated by us too

Mani is broken for us too, so any solution is more then welcome.
On a side note: at least 2 BIG mods will use HL2DM as a platform too, so in the near future many more admins will be using HL2DM as their platform.

Greetingz, Monk.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2005 , 11:27   Re: HL2DM-based mods will be growing fast
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
Mani is broken for us too, so any solution is more then welcome
Mani is not broke, the interface is broke ( Someting in either the Sourcedc engine or client ).
These menus will be added to BAT when their work and i have time, untill now you have to live with console. Or even better contact the MOD devs and ask them to support CS style menus, an you will be able to use the menus you prefere
Arsenic0
Old 12-14-2005 , 20:05   Re: HL2DM-based mods will be growing fast
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS
Quote:
Mani is broken for us too, so any solution is more then welcome
Mani is not broke, the interface is broke ( Someting in either the Sourcedc engine or client ).
These menus will be added to BAT when their work and i have time, untill now you have to live with console. Or even better contact the MOD devs and ask them to support CS style menus, an you will be able to use the menus you prefere
So your not adding the text driven menu's in the meantime?
Send a message via ICQ to Arsenic0 Send a message via AIM to Arsenic0 Send a message via MSN to Arsenic0
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2005 , 15:23   Re: HL2DM-based mods will be growing fast
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic0
So your not adding the text driven menu's in the meantime?
I will if you can explain to me how to code against a API that dont work.
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2005 , 16:24  
Reply With Quote #79

The VALVe provided menu interface isn't working. The menus in the sample server plugin in the SDK won't even work.
Matz
Old 12-15-2005 , 16:31   MySql support
Reply With Quote #80

When are you planning to include the MySql-support?

I have not worked with C++ for about 4 years and when I did it wasn't that much. I tried to build the project but it complains that it can't find som headerfiles: bitbuf.h in bitbuf.cpp and more, irecipientfilter.h in irecipientfilters.h, oslink.h in SharedFunctions.cpp, ISmmPlugin.h in BATCore.h

Am I missing to include something when I tries to build the project using MS Dev Env 3003 v7.1.3088, don't really know what I should include or where for that matter.