3% 

Client Checker (1.0.1) [Update 02-25-2007] SQL Support

Post New Thread Reply   

Crazed
Old 10-29-2006 , 02:54   Re: [Update] Client Checker
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubStream View Post
FCOS has options to kill, kick, or ban players in addition to a few other options so players who's configs are locked can be kept out of game play regardless of a read-only config or not. Besides read-only config just keeps the config file the same, but it does not keep the value from being changed temporarily while in the server. If they execute their config to override the temporary setting, since its a read-only file and hasn't changed, they would either be killed, kicked, banned or have something else happen to them depending on CVARS settings chosen by the server owner.
That is what I meant that the cvars will be the same after they join a new server or restart cs again
noonoo
Old 10-29-2006 , 21:19   Re: [Update] Client Checker
Reply With Quote #12

If i dont want to use the geoip option should i comment out: #include <geoip> or does it not matter just keep the cvar: cc_showgeoip 0.

It would be nice if the high ping kicker told people when they first joined the server pings over XXX will be kicked etc to give them warning.

The plugin seems to be working well on my test server, nice job.
noonoo
Old 10-31-2006 , 12:43   Re: [Update] Client Checker
Reply With Quote #13

When people connect i get "playername, connected. (error)" its set to cc_connectmsg 1, cc_showgeoip 0. It looks like its still trying to use the Geo IP even though its turned off.

Also the cvar checker does not seem to work with every cvar, i turned off the rate checker and tried the rates in the cvar check to see if it worked and it did not correct "rate < 16000;16000" and also did not fix "ex_interp = 0.01;0.01" i also tried "ex_interp > 0.03;0.01" but also did not work, but it did work with cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate.

The ping kicker and the rate checker work fine so far.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2006 , 13:40   Re: [Update] Client Checker
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonoo View Post
When people connect i get "playername, connected. (error)" its set to cc_connectmsg 1, cc_showgeoip 0. It looks like its still trying to use the Geo IP even though its turned off.

Also the cvar checker does not seem to work with every cvar, i turned off the rate checker and tried the rates in the cvar check to see if it worked and it did not correct "rate < 16000;16000" and also did not fix "ex_interp = 0.01;0.01" i also tried "ex_interp > 0.03;0.01" but also did not work, but it did work with cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate.

The ping kicker and the rate checker work fine so far.
Turning the GeoIP module off won't stop the plugin from attempting to use it...
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 10-31-2006 , 17:19   Re: [Update] Client Checker
Reply With Quote #15

It will simply cause the plugin to fail loading.
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana
noonoo
Old 10-31-2006 , 20:12   Re: [Update] Client Checker
Reply With Quote #16

The cvar cc_showgeoip 0 is supposed to let this plugin work without that module but it seems to not be working and still looking for it. I have temp got around this by modifying the code untill its fixed.
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 11-03-2006 , 00:40   Re: [Update] Client Checker
Reply With Quote #17

There are many suggestions which could be made, and everyone codes differently--however, for the sake of speed and efficiency, I would suggest, at the very least, using pcvars and formatex where applicable instead of cvars and format. These are minor changes but will improve the speed of the plugin.

There are other things I would like to say, but those are the things which definitely should be changed. If you do nothing else, at least make those changes. People who use below 1.7 would have to upgrade to 1.7 or above, but 1.7 and above run better so its worth the upgrade anyhow.

Has this plugin been tested by anyone? Just curious.
noonoo
Old 11-03-2006 , 07:53   Re: [Update] Client Checker
Reply With Quote #18

I have been using it on my CZ server for a week with no problems and will be adding it to my 1.6 server also now its proved reliable.

I removed the code for the Geo IP part as i got an error no matter what cvars i used with it. I also found the cvar checker to not work with every cvar as mentioned in an earlier post so i added the ability to set ex_interp into the main plugin. I lastly added self advertising / warning on game entry for the high ping kicker as in the HPK plugin which would be great to see in the next version of this plugin.

Its the best rates plugin i have found for amxx and with the built in high ping kicker / cvar checker etc is a bonus.
Crazed
Old 11-10-2006 , 15:25   Re: [Update] Client Checker
Reply With Quote #19

Sorry for the late response but I am in the army right now so I dont have really much time to check this forum every time I will try to fix some of the code with the GeoIP problems. I think it will be fixed before sunday if not it will take another week this is all depending on what mood I am in. ;)
Crazed
Old 11-12-2006 , 04:04   Re: [Update] Client Checker (0.0.4)
Reply With Quote #20

Ok, the plugin is now updated again changed the cvars to pcvars and format to formatex. I also added the messages for Highping kick it will show a message when a player enters the server and it will also warn the player when his/her ping is to high. Only thing I did not fix is the ex_interp problem on CZ, because I don't have CZ.