Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Release Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]

Post New Thread Reply   

Advokat
Old 07-27-2014 , 08:33   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #311

One of my users just pointed out that IE is still being a pain. The donation form's (index.php) donate button isn't responding upon being clicked as well as the enter key input. I used IE 11 when testing for myself. I changed some stuff with my version, so I chucked up a fresh install from bitbucket and ran into the same issue.

Edit: Just thought I'd mention, regarding expiration dates - currently it displays donation duration starting on the present day, e.g. http://puu.sh/avXox/c19dc36d00.jpg, regardless of whether donator privileges are currently active. It would be a bit cleaner to show a date starting after the donator status expires, similar to this: http://puu.sh/avUlk/e5c4d4c851.png0, if possible.

Last edited by Advokat; 07-29-2014 at 10:30.
nineteeneleven
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2014 , 23:24   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advokat View Post
One of my users just pointed out that IE is still being a pain. The donation form's (index.php) donate button isn't responding upon being clicked as well as the enter key input. I used IE 11 when testing for myself. I changed some stuff with my version, so I chucked up a fresh install from bitbucket and ran into the same issue.
yep. not working. I could have sworn I fixed that. anyway if you must have IE working change the donate image button to a regular <input type='submit' ...

IE sucks with image buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advokat View Post
Edit: Just thought I'd mention, regarding expiration dates - currently it displays donation duration starting on the present day, e.g. http://puu.sh/avXox/c19dc36d00.jpg, regardless of whether donator privileges are currently active. It would be a bit cleaner to show a date starting after the donator status expires, similar to this: http://puu.sh/avUlk/e5c4d4c851.png0, if possible.
Hm I never even realized it did that. Ill probably be re-doing 95% of the code on that page anyway. So ill make sure I keep that in mind when I do.

Hopefully I can have a preview of the admin section done by this weekend.
Old 07-30-2014 , 02:38   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #313

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to sort it out either. It does replace the donation image button with a "Submit Query" but Internet Explorer continues to be a butt.

On a side note, is there any issue with using heredoc string quoting? I was just trying to familiarise myself with PHP, as someone who doesn't really touch much coding, and it seems like it would both help clean up and make for a much easier time of printing the HTML code.

Edit: Alrighty, sorted it, I think. Switch the order of <input> and <form> so that the input is inside the form otherwise IE refuses to recognize it belonging to the form.
Spoiler

Last edited by Advokat; 07-30-2014 at 05:24.
nineteeneleven
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2014 , 06:16   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #314

thanks.

You can use heredoc in php. I dont though. Just a matter of preference really.
Old 08-02-2014 , 10:53   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #315

Alright I put up a demo site of what I have so far for the admin backend.

take a look and give me some feedback!

http://1911.expert/dev_dc/admin/
Old 08-02-2014 , 21:02   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #316

Looks very clean. I think I'd still prefer a list view in donations for readability but it all looks pretty flash.
nineteeneleven
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2014 , 11:59   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #317

there, now u can have both
Old 08-05-2014 , 12:50   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteeneleven View Post
Alright I put up a demo site of what I have so far for the admin backend.

take a look and give me some feedback!

http://1911.expert/dev_dc/admin/
I would suggest a 50px block at the bottom of the page so .navbar .navbar-inverse .navbar-fixed-bottom will not cover any content when scrolled all the way down.
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s
nineteeneleven
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2014 , 15:11   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman315 View Post
I would suggest a 50px block at the bottom of the page so .navbar .navbar-inverse .navbar-fixed-bottom will not cover any content when scrolled all the way down.
Will do thanks
Old 08-06-2014 , 19:44   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #320

3.x will also properly handle changing donor levels and calculate the dates based on the change.