Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v3.1 (Released on May 2020)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Technical/Development
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: GO
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Bans Players For Changing Illegal ConVars That Can Only Be Changed While sv_cheats Is Enabled
    Old 05-20-2020 , 17:40   CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v3.1 (Released on May 2020)
    Reply With Quote #1

Github

/ClaudiuHKS/SMCSGOAntiCheatCheatingConVarsChecker

The Summary

This Plug-in bans players for changing FCVAR_CHEAT ConVars (for example, weapon_debug_spread_show).

Please note, such ConVars can't be changed by typing stuff into the game's console. They can only be changed by using a game hack.

It also bans for changing the FCVAR_REPLICATED ConVar sv_skyname's value, which can't be changed without a game hack.
    Hackers usually change the map's sky while playing on public game servers.

The Proof Of Working

https://gobans.ro/GO/index.php?p=banlist

Game Servers Using This Plug-in

See GameTracker

The Requirements

A CS:GO game server that has sv_cheats disabled (sv_cheats 0).

The Final Notes

It works with the Base Bans Plug-in and with the Source Bans Plug-in as well.
    The ban's reason will be the illegal ConVar's name.
    The ban's length may be permanent or an amount of minutes, depending on how you set the "csgo_ac_cheating_convars_ban_time" ConVar.
    If you, any of your admins or an installed Plug-in enable sv_cheats ConVar (sv_cheats 1) during the game play, no worries, bans will not be issued.
    If a ConVar from the list gets removed because of a game update or something, it will be just skipped, no bans will be issued because of that.

The Latest Enabled & Updated ConVars Are Here (cheating_convars_enabled.ini)

So I won't have to update the attached files for every update I do about adding or removing enabled ConVars.

Code:
    "cl_crosshair_recoil"           "0"
    "cl_extrapolate"                "1"
    "cl_grenadepreview"             "0"
    "cl_ragdoll_gravity"            "600"

"fog_color"                     "-1 -1 -1"
    "fog_enable"                    "1"

"mat_force_tonemap_scale"       "0.0"
    "mat_postprocess_enable"        "1"

"weapon_debug_spread_show"      "0"
    How To Install

Code:
    cheating_convars_enabled.ini   file to /addons/sourcemod/configs/
    cheating_convars_disabled.ini  file to /addons/sourcemod/configs/

csgo_ac_cheating_convars.cfg   file to /cfg/sourcemod/

csgo_ac_cheating_convars.smx   file to /addons/sourcemod/plugins/

csgo_ac_cheating_convars.sp    file to /addons/sourcemod/scripting/
    The Changes

Code:
    [Version 1.0]

The Plug-in has been released.

[Version 2.0]

Added /addons/sourcemod/configs/cheating_convars_enabled.ini
    Added /addons/sourcemod/configs/cheating_convars_disabled.ini
    Added /cfg/sourcemod/csgo_ac_cheating_convars.cfg
    Added a ConVar "csgo_ac_cheating_convars_ban_time" to allow the game server's owners to decide how long the ban will be, in minutes.

[Version 2.1]

Added "cl_crosshair_recoil" "0" client ConVar to the enabled ConVars file.
    Added a few seconds delay between the original OnClientPutInServer call and the moment of beginning to check the client's ConVars.

[Version 2.2]

Use MaxClients instead of MAXPLAYERS.
    Use the client's user index rather than the client's index within the CreateTimer call.
    Avoid all the fake clients into the game server (BOTs, Replay BOTs & SourceTV BOTs).

[Version 2.3]

Automatically update "csgo_ac_cheating_convars" version ConVar when changing the SMX file and the game server is running.

[Version 3.0]

Ban players for having different "sv_skyname" value than the game server's.
    This is a replicated ConVar that exists both client and server side,
    whose value can't be altered by any of the players without a game hack.

[Version 3.1]

Thanks to kratoss1812 (#285749) @ /showpost.php?p=2744238&postcount=23.
    Replaced CreateArray(PLATFORM_MAX_PATH) with CreateArray(ByteCountToCells(PLATFORM_MAX_PATH)).
    Added a definition #define CHECK_SV_SKYNAME_TOO which everyone is able to undefine or delete.
    Attached Files
    File Type: cfg csgo_ac_cheating_convars.cfg (445 Bytes, 803 views)
    File Type: ini cheating_convars_disabled.ini (14.0 KB, 675 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (csgo_ac_cheating_convars.sp - 917 views - 20.6 KB)
    File Type: ini cheating_convars_enabled.ini (1.2 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by claudiuhks; 01-03-2023 at 20:56. Reason: Added Github Link
    Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks
    sneaK
    SourceMod Moderator
    Old 05-20-2020 , 18:27   Re: CS:GO AC: Cheating ConVars (2020)
    Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by claudiuhks View Post
    Please note, such ConVars can't be changed by typing stuff into the game's console. They can only be changed by using a game hack.
    Not necessarily true:
    host_framerate can false positive if you use startmovie command
    r_drawbeams (and others) can false positive if you use buildcubemaps command

And that's only what stuck out to me as I glanced over it.

I'm not so sure querying hundreds of untested cvars is the best way of handling cvar infractions from cheats when the player gets put in the server.

Last edited by sneaK; 05-20-2020 at 18:28.
    freak.exe_uLow
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 05-20-2020 , 23:04   Re: CS:GO AC: Cheating ConVars (2020)
    Reply With Quote #3

no hate, but why write so many cvars? (nvm). There are so many anti-cheat systems out there right now that would give a great result together. I am therefore very cautious with Anti Cheat System and from experience I am well ahead of what is out there because I think such things are very important. I also understand that some "Anti Cheat" developers don't release the source because it should be protected, but unfortunately not all people can be trusted. So I would be rather careful about such things, but thanks for sending this anyway

Last edited by freak.exe_uLow; 03-16-2021 at 08:44.
    headline
    SourceMod Moderator
    Old 05-21-2020 , 06:07   Re: CS:GO AC: Cheating ConVars (2020)
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by freak.exe_uLow View Post
    no hate, but why write so many cvars? (it's easy to get around that). There are so many anti-cheat systems out there right now that would give a great result together. I am therefore very cautious with Anti Cheat System and from experience I am well ahead of what is out there because I think such things are very important. I also understand that some "Anti Cheat" developers don't release the source because it should be protected, but unfortunately not all people can be trusted. So I would be rather careful about such things, but thanks for sending this anyway
    Only supplying binary (.smx) flies and not their source violates our project license. If you know anyone who does this please let me know about it in a private message.
    claudiuhks
    Yam Inside®™℠
    Old 05-21-2020 , 06:53   Re: CS:GO AC: Cheating ConVars (2020)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
    host_framerate can false positive if you use startmovie command
    r_drawbeams (and others) can false positive if you use buildcubemaps command
    You're right, I didn't know that. Thanks for saying. It won't be approved because of that and it must be changed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
    I'm not so sure querying hundreds of untested cvars is the best way of handling cvar infractions from cheats when the player gets put in the server.
    Well it's the only way, best or not. But I agree, there are too many ConVars to check.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by freak.exe_uLow View Post
    no hate, but why write so many cvars? (it's easy to get around that). There are so many anti-cheat systems out there right now that would give a great result together. I am therefore very cautious with Anti Cheat System and from experience I am well ahead of what is out there because I think such things are very important. I also understand that some "Anti Cheat" developers don't release the source because it should be protected, but unfortunately not all people can be trusted. So I would be rather careful about such things, but thanks for sending this anyway
    I am only using this Plug-in and SMAC: No Wall Hack, but I've edited the SMAC: No Wall Hack Plug-in so it works on CS:GO, removing the normal sound hook from it and the Far ESP feature, and it's only running (smac_wallhack 1) while there are between 2 and 10 alive players on the game server. Otherwise, it would lag so much. FaceIT has these two protections already on their game servers.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by headline View Post
    Only supplying binary (.smx) flies and not their source violates our project license. If you know anyone who does this please let me know about it in a private message.
    I don't recommend anyone to pay for .SMX files or install .SMX files on their game server while they don't have a .SP of the compiled .SMX.

---

So, after everything you said, I am planning to create a .CFG or .INI file in which the game servers' owners will choose which ConVars will be enabled for checking. So it won't check hundreds of ConVars anymore.

I will also provide a .TXT file (just a note) which will contain all the FCVAR_CHEAT ConVars a CS:GO client has and their default value.

---

Code:
    nowh_v3.sp This Plug-in, which is only working on CS:GO game servers, blocks any kind of wall hacks while a condition is met. The default condition is (nAlivePlayers > 1 && nAlivePlayers < 11) and can be changed inside the .sp file.

notransmit_v3.sp This Plug-in, which is working on any game servers, blocks any kind of spectators' tables or spectators' resolvers so the alive players can't see by using a hack who is actually spectating on them.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (nowh.sp - 474 views - 19.8 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (nowh_v2.sp - 528 views - 19.8 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (nowh_v3.sp - 645 views - 22.6 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (notransmit_v3.sp - 589 views - 2.8 KB)

Last edited by claudiuhks; 06-04-2020 at 15:40. Reason: Add nowh_v3.sp & notransmit_v3.sp
    Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks
    claudiuhks
    Yam Inside®™℠
    Old 05-21-2020 , 11:19   Re: CS:GO AC: Cheating ConVars v2.0 (Released on May 2020)
    Reply With Quote #6

I have updated to version 2.

If you guys still want changes or find out any issues please help improving.
    Old 05-21-2020 , 11:40   Re: CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v2.0 (Released on May 2020)
    Reply With Quote #7

Like hundreds of my players got banned for r_shadows_gamecontrol violation before i noticed and deleted the plugin.

Some of them even made a post on reddit whats r_shadows_gamecontrol.

Can you please check what is wrong?
    claudiuhks
    Yam Inside®™℠
    Old 05-21-2020 , 11:43   Re: CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v2.0 (Released on May 2020)
    Reply With Quote #8

Have your players got banned by CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars Plug-in?

If not, maybe it's because you used smac_cvars Plug-in which is pretty outdated and seriously not optimized for CS:GO.

Anyways, you can install version 2.0 of CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars because I have upgraded the Plug-in and it's working like a charm.

Last edited by claudiuhks; 05-21-2020 at 11:48.
    eliteroyal
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 05-22-2020 , 10:02   Re: CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v2.0 (Released on May 2020)
    Reply With Quote #9

so it is good to use now?
    Yam Inside®™℠
    Old 05-22-2020 , 10:49   Re: CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v2.0 (Released on May 2020)
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eliteroyal View Post
    so it is good to use now?
    Sure.