Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.3.0 (20201024)]

Post New Thread Reply   

myljach
Old 12-30-2019 , 13:55   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (20181007)]
Reply With Quote #91

Hello!

a hard code question: is there easy way to change something by hand, and where i my look for it?
I install your plugin in one from my 3 coop servers for test, and works great, but there is some things i will like to change. Since i host around 150 custom maps, most are not in alphabetical order, or have strange names in !chmap menu (example - BTS for back to scool)
I try edit in folder missions.cashe .txt file where is written name of map - BTS to Back to scool, and after restart srcds, map is not on list any more.
Other thing is - map in alphabetical order, where all players know to find map chronological.
In current systems i use for now !votemap.smx where i edit by hand 4 files ( maplist.txt, mapkick.txt, first_maps_in_campaigns.txt, sm_l4d_mapchanger.txt)

i use ubuntu 18.04, sourcemod 1.10 old dev, 2 coop server 10 payer slot, 1 rank level up coop server 10 slot, and all have around 100 plugins, for now no interference with your plugins

Little add-on info: some .spk files cant find old or your new plugin, like ---> Mars Base Alpha v2.0.vpk, where is neededd change name to Mars Base Alpha v2_0.vpk

edit: now i see my answer for order of maps is on reply no 87

Thank you in advance for your reply

edit #2: in meantime friend find what to do.

- for weird map names is needed to edit: txt file in sourcemod/translations - missions.phrases.txt
- for map in chronological alphabet order is needed to edit: sourcemod/configs missioncycle.coop.txt or missioncycle.versus.txt for desired gamemod

Last edited by myljach; 01-18-2020 at 08:56.
z282846139
Old 02-23-2020 , 21:16   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (20181007)]
Reply With Quote #92

Niceeeeee plugin!
slamatl92
Old 04-06-2020 , 15:55   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (20181007)]
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikka0w0 View Post
Automatic Campaign Switcher

This version of Automatic Campaign Switcher is based on ChrisP`s original version (v1.2.2), which is available here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=156392

Introduction
Automatic Campaign Switcher, or ACS, was written as an easy way to keep the Left4Dead 2 default map rotation going on a server without people being booted because the vote to restart a campaign was not passed. I also tried to write ACS in such a way that it would be easy to change for those who wish to edit the source to have custom campaigns and maps in l4d2 as well. If you decide not to edit the files, then ACS will cycle through maps in chronological order corresponding to the L4D story timeline. ACS also includes a voting system in which people can vote for their favorite campaign/map on a finale or scavenge map. The winning campaign/map will become the next map the server loads.

Installation
This plugin requires "L4D2 Mission Manager" to work, which can be found here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=308725
There's a simple way to install, just unzip "acs_ready_to_go.zip" to your "left4dead2/addons/sourcemod" folder. "L4D2 Mission Manager" is included.

Features
The improved version inherits all features of the original version, with several advanced feature added:
1. Adding new maps no longer requires modification and recompiling of the sp file, the plugin automatically finds them. No more hard coding
2. A new map voting system is introduced, players can use "!chmap" to initiate a vote if they want to change the map immediately.
3. A new command "!chmap2" allows players to vote when they want to switch to any map available on the server, even the target map is not the first map of a campaign.

4. Better localization support, messages, menus and map names can now be displayed in client`s language
5. Bug fixes, e.g. the original version uses a wrong way to load CVars.
6. Prevent an empty server running 3-rd maps
7. [New Feature] A new admin menu for changing maps, located in Admin menu -> Server Commands (Added upon the request of Mi.Cura, file: l4d2_mm_adminmenu.smx)

Note: For security reasons, "!chmap" and "!chmap2" are disabled by default to prevent griefers' misuse, see CVar "acs_chmap_policy".

Console Variables (CVars)
Most of them have exactly the same definition as the original version, (please refer to ChrisP`s original post), except three new CVars:
1. acs_chmap_broadcast_interval, controls the frequency of the "!chmap" advertisement
2. acs_prevent_empty_server, if enabled, the server automatically switch to the first available official map when no one is playing a 3-rd map
3. acs_chmap_policy, set to 0 disables "!chmap" (by default), set to 1 enables "!chmap" and treats abstention as NO, set to 2 enables "!chmap" and treats abstention as YES. In most case, DONT set it to 2!

Map/campaign List Configuration
"l4d2_mission_manager" provides information about maps and campaigns, this is fully automatic. After parsing all mission text files cached by "l4d2_mission_manager", the plugin will load "left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/configs/missioncycle.*.txt", if not exist, the plugin will create one. (* can be coop/versus/scavenge/survival) Any new installed maps will be appended to the end of "missioncycle.*.txt". The order of entries in "missioncycle.*.txt" controls the order of map cycle.
Invalid entries (e.g. removed campaign) in "missioncycle.*.txt" will be ignored and printed on the server console.
Some maps can be excluded from the map cycle, see "missioncycle.*.txt" for more information, those maps can only be loaded via "!chmap" and after the finale map the server loads the first map in the map cycle.

Map/campaign Name Localization
The localized campaign names are in "left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/translations/missions.phrases.txt" or "left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/translations/chi/missions.phrases.txt", depends on the language. If a campaign is not in "left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/translations/missions.phrases.txt", the name in "missioncycle.*.txt" will be used for display. If a campaign is listed in "left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/translations/missions.phrases.txt", the plugin will attempt to display the campaign name in the client`s language, (for Simplified Chinese, is "left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/translations/chi/missions.phrases.txt"), if fails then display the English name.

TODO & Known problems
1. Map/Campaign cycle randomizer
2. (Reported by Mr. Man) Some finale maps aren't triggering the mapvote function. (Although it does not affect default map cycle) The cause is under investigation
After including Lux's patch in the latest release, it should be fixed!

Latest source code is available on Github: https://github.com/rikka0w0/l4d2_mission_manager

This plugin has been proved stable in coop mode on my server.
nandofs's and Mr. Man's problem has been fixed, Silvers' suggestion is still under consideration.

Thanks 'D4rk56' for providing French translation files! French translation files can be found on the github page above.

Latest: acs_ready_to_go_2_1_1.zip
Thank-you
Alex101192
Old 04-29-2020 , 10:37   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (20181007)]
Reply With Quote #94

I found a weird issue. Changing to Resident Evil Side b using !chmap, causes players to spawn right inside the ending saferoom, so pretty much skipping to second map. So then must use !chmap2 to go back to level 1 and then you spawn in right place. Why does this happen?
myljach
Old 05-02-2020 , 11:45   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (20181007)]
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
I found a weird issue. Changing to Resident Evil Side b using !chmap, causes players to spawn right inside the ending saferoom, so pretty much skipping to second map. So then must use !chmap2 to go back to level 1 and then you spawn in right place. Why does this happen?
Hello,

i use ACS plugin in my servers, and i was fast check RE2b, and here is all normal. I was have before issue in my all RE maps in all servers, player cant pick up shield or any item to carry, and was conflict with custom melee weapon - M60 in custom map wild ride.
Your issue may be conflict with some other map, so i may suggest you may try to test by disable maps who use custom weapons like wild ride, diescraper redux or daybreak. Other map that have easter egg - spawn in saferoom is - Crash Bandicot:return of dr Cortex, try disable that one. Notice: after last update of Crash bandicot i was reverse to old version, because new was crash clients from server because of !flareme plugin, so i cant confirm is that map cause your issue.
Other what you may look is, if you was update last couple times RE2B, map may hold if same name is file - old text in missions.cashe folder, where info about map may have errors of missing symbols like ' and u need edit it, i host 160 custom maps and was repair some info in missions.cashe already.
rikka0w0
Old 05-21-2020 , 02:23   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (20181007)]
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
This could be a map-specific issue, I will have a look at that.
Old 06-17-2020 , 08:28   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (20181007)]
Reply With Quote #97

when compiling I get this:

//// acs.sp
//
// D:\Juegos de Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\acs.s p(266) : warning 225: unreachable code
// Code size: 46052 bytes
// Data size: 12168 bytes
// Stack/heap size: 16384 bytes
// Total requirements: 74604 bytes
//
// 1 Warning.
//
// Compilation Time: 0.23 sec
// ----------------------------------------

It is normal?
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2020 , 09:48   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (20181007)]
Reply With Quote #98

It is just a warning don't worry, maybe when the plugin was made the compiler didn't validate this kind of code syntax (switch>case>default>return). You can remove this line without issues.

Last edited by Marttt; 06-17-2020 at 09:48.
user2000
Old 06-17-2020 , 12:40   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (20181007)]
Reply With Quote #99

OK thanks
huwong
Old 07-03-2020 , 03:34   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (20181007)]
Reply With Quote #100

大大你好..一直用着你的换图插件体验极好..不过我想问些问题..
就是有没有什么开关或设定让换图投票(mapvote)不显示第三方图的选项 和 自动轮换图只会轮换官图..
因为我的服主玩是官图,第三方图是拿来娱乐玩的,但不是全部人都有这些第三方图..所以想在投票 里面不显示和自动轮换图不会换到第三方图.