Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Announces each successful pounce done by an infected hunter player to every player on the server.
    Old 05-31-2009 , 00:25   [L4D] Pounce Announce 1.5
    Reply With Quote #1

Description
    Pounce Announce will announce each successful pounce done by an infected hunter player to every player on the server. It will display the pouncer, the pounced, the damage and the distance traveled for the pounce.

This allows the survivor to see exactly how deadly each pounce was, and even compete with distance.

It supports uncapped hunter pounce servers (see https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...02&postcount=4) and *should* be fine with modified super versus servers with more than 8 players.

Screenshots
    [IMG]http://img195.**************/img195/1636/pounceannounce.th.jpg[/IMG]

CVARS
    pounceannounce_minimum - The minimum amount of damage required to announce the pounce. Default is 0.
    pounceannounce_centerchat - Announces the pounce to center chat. Use 0 for regular player chat. Default is 1.
    pounceannounce_capdamage - Caps the displayed pounce damage to the maximum able to be dealt. Use 0 for theoretical max. Default is 0.
    pounceannounce_showdistance - Announces the distance in game units and feet of the pounce. Default is 2.

Acceptable values for showdistance are:
    0 - Do not display distance.
    1 - Display units only.
    2 - Display units and feet.
    3 - Display units and meters.
    4 - Display feet only.
    5 - Display meters only.

CHANGELOG
    1.5 - Added pounceannounce_capdamage, Added colors to announced line, and switched to AutoExecConfig for individual pounceannounce.cfg file
    1.4 - Extended pounceannounce_showdistance to allow you to display units and/or feet and/or meters.
    1.3 - Added pounce distance in feet and showdistance cvar
    1.2 - Fixed a bug causing minimum pounce damage pounces to not be shown.
    1.1 - Added pounce minimum, center chat/main chat cvar, and max available pounce damage to output.
    1.0 - Initial version.

Installation
    This plugin now uses the individualized config system. This means that you must set the cvar options in the pounceannounce.cfg file located in your cfg\sourcemod folder.
    If the cfg file does not exist, run the plugin and it will generate one for you automatically.

Thanks
    -Fyren, his assistance and example code helped me correctly calculate the distance between hunter lunges. The thread about the lunge_pounce event and the hunter pounce formula is https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=93207

Suggestions for additions and improvement are welcomed. Eventually I'd like to use this code for a hunter (or infected) stats plugin.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (pounceannounce.sp - 8430 views - 5.5 KB)

Last edited by n0limit; 08-02-2009 at 13:22. Reason: Updated to 1.5
    OohItzMario
    Old 05-31-2009 , 02:20   Re: [L4D] Pounce Announce
    Reply With Quote #2

Looks awesome, gonna try it out once i finish updating sourcemod on my server

edit: works perfectly on my windows server with sourcemod 1.2.1 , awesome plugin btw, now I can show off my pounce potential

Last edited by OohItzMario; 05-31-2009 at 02:43.
    Send a message via Yahoo to OohItzMario
    mattressfish
    Old 05-31-2009 , 11:12   Re: [L4D] Pounce Announce
    Reply With Quote #3

Can there be a low limit added? I really don't care to see the pounces from 2 feet annnounced, but the pounces from 1000 feet - NOW WERE TALKIN!
    n0limit
    Old 05-31-2009 , 19:10   Re: [L4D] Pounce Announce
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattressfish View Post
    Can there be a low limit added? I really don't care to see the pounces from 2 feet annnounced, but the pounces from 1000 feet - NOW WERE TALKIN!
    It only announces once the pounce has went past the defined minimum for pounce damage (so usually over 300), but I agree this is a good feature to add. I'll get to it as soon as possible.

I *think* they're supposed to be in inches, so I may add that to output too.
    crazydog
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 05-31-2009 , 20:23   Re: [L4D] Pounce Announce
    Reply With Quote #5

Can you make a cvar to switch between a center message and a chat message? I like it, but I feel that center messages are too intrusive.
    AtomicStryker
    Veteran Member
    Old 06-01-2009 , 05:26   Re: [L4D] Pounce Announce
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
    Can you make a cvar to switch between a center message and a chat message? I like it, but I feel that center messages are too intrusive.

Just change PrintHintTextToAll in the Source Code to whatever you want, like PrintToChatAll?

Great plugin. One Suggestion: Have it read z_hunter_max_pounce_bonus_damage (+1) and display it along like (max: 100)
    n0limit
    Old 06-01-2009 , 14:41   Re: [L4D] Pounce Announce
    Reply With Quote #7

All of your suggestions have been implemented.
    Thanks for helping me make this better.
    mattressfish
    Old 06-02-2009 , 08:49   Re: [L4D] Pounce Announce
    Reply With Quote #8

Can I suggest that you put a version number in the title, so I can know when its updated?

Or implement the plugin autoupdater?
    http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91992
    n0limit
    Old 06-02-2009 , 10:06   Re: [L4D] Pounce Announce
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattressfish View Post
    Can I suggest that you put a version number in the title, so I can know when its updated?

Or implement the plugin autoupdater?
    http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91992
    Good suggestion.
    Updated the title, and when I get some time I'll look into autoupdate more.
    Cid
    Old 06-02-2009 , 22:58   Re: [L4D] Pounce Announce 1.1
    Reply With Quote #10

Good plugin. Just installed on a linux server and seems to be working, no problems.