Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

OciXCrom's Admin Chat - 2021 UPDATE!

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Admin Commands       
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 09-29-2015 , 14:58   OciXCrom's Admin Chat - 2021 UPDATE!
Reply With Quote #1

OciXCrom's Admin Chat

Description
  • A new and improved version of the default admin chat plugin that comes with its own configuration file that grants you full control over how the admin commands work, with a few added benefits and extra options.

Pros and Cons
  • Pros:
    • Colored messages (with the ability to restore the original ones).
    • Ability to modify every single message.
    • Shortcuts for a more simple usage of the commands.
    • A console command for the admin chat (say_team @).
    • Console commands for all different HUD positions (say @/@@/@@@/@@@@).
    • Ability to send a message on the right side of the screen.
    • Ability to type in different colors.
    • Admins can read other players' private messages.
    • Added a sound when a player receives a private message.
    • Ability to set a different sound for each message type.
    • Ability to send DHUD messages.
    • Ability to send anonymous messages that don't include the sender's name.
    • Ability to change the effect in (D)HUD messages.
    • Random color when sending a (D)HUD message.
    • A new command to send a message to a specific team.
    • A new command to send center chat-style messages.
    • Ability to select the default (D)HUD message color.
    • Ability to change the (D)HUD message time.
    • Ability to use prefixes and option from other supported plugins.
    • A config file for quick and easy plugin configuration with a command for a instant reload.
  • Cons: 404: Not Found!

Commands
  • amx_say <message> - (All Chat) Sends a message to all players.
    • Shortcut: say #<message>
    • Default flag: "i"
  • amx_asay <message> - (Admin Chat) Sends a message to all admins. The prefix depends on your admin level - admins get (ADMIN), VIPs (any flag) get (VIP) and normal players get a (PLAYER) prefix. All these prefixes can be changed in the configuration file.
    • Shortcut: say_team @<message>
    • Default flag: all players can use the command, but only the ones with flag "e" can read the messages
  • amx_chat <message> - (VIP Chat) Sends a message to all VIP users (players with any flag).
    • Shortcut: say_team !<message>
  • amx_psay <player> <message> - (Private Message) Sends a private message to a player. The player also hears a sound, so he can pay attention to the received message.
    • Shortcut: say_team #<player> <message>
    • Default flag: players with flag "i" have access to the command, and players with flag "d" can read other players' messages
  • amx_tsay <color> <message> - (Left HUD) Sends a HUD message on the left side of the screen.
    • Shortcut: say @<color> <message>
  • amx_csay <color> <message> - (Center HUD) Sends a HUD messagе on top of the screen.
    • Shortcut: say @@<color> <message>
  • amx_bsay <color> <message> - (Bottom HUD) Sends a HUD message on the bottom of the screen..
    • Shortcut: say @@@<color> <message>
  • amx_rsay <color> <message> - (Right HUD) Sends a HUD message on the right side of the screen..
    • Shortcut: say @@@@<color> <message>
  • amx_tsay2 <color> <message> - (Left DHUD) Sends a DHUD message on the left side of the screen.
    • Shortcut: say &<color> <message>
    • Default flag: "d"
  • amx_csay2 <color> <message> - (Center DHUD) Sends a DHUD message on top of the screen.
    • Shortcut: say &&<color> <message>
  • amx_bsay2 <color> <message> - (Bottom DHUD) Sends a DHUD message on the bottom of the screen.
    • Shortcut: say &&&<color> <message>
  • amx_rsay2 <color> <message> - (Right DHUD) Sends a DHUD message on the right side of the screen.
    • Shortcut: say &&&&<color> <message>
  • amx_teamsay <team> <message> - (Team Say) Sends a message to a specific team (you can use
    t/c/s/terror/ct/spec/tt/counter/etc) - works only in Counter-Strike.
    • Shortcut: say_team &<team> <message>
    • Default flag: Players with flag "i" can use the command and those with flag "d' can read other teams' messages.
  • amx_centersay <message> - (Center Say) Sends a chat-syle message to all players in the center of the screen.
    • Shortcut: say !<message>
  • amx_rawsay <message> - (Raw Say) Sends a unformatted chat message to all players.
    • Default flag: "l"
  • amx_speak <message> - (Speak) Attempts to speak out a sentence using "vox/fvox" or play a sound to all clients.
  • ac_reload - Reloads the configuration file. Note: modifying sounds will take effect on mapchange.

List of extra options
  • Using "$" in a (D)HUD message will add a blinking effect to it.
  • Using "#" in a (D)HUD message will add a typewriter effect to it.
  • Using "!an" in a message will make it use "anonymous mode".
  • Using "&x04", "&x03" and "&x01" will change the text color if the player has the "COLORCHAT_FLAG" flag.
  • All of these can be modified from the configuration file.

Plugin support
  • The plugin comes with built-in support for some of my plugins. The options automatically become active if the mentioned plugin is running in the server.
    • OciXCrom's Rank System - ability to display the player's current rank and/or level in the messages
    • Chat Manager - ability to display the player's custom name or admin prefix in the messages
    • Admin Groups - ability to display the player's admin group in the messages

Images

Changing settings and messages
  • All of the settings with a detailed explanation are located in the configs/AdminChat.ini file. Read each line carefully before changing it.
  • In the messages section you can find the default messages that will be used in normal circumstances, and the anonymous ones which will be used when the message is sent in anonymous mode or anonymous mode is active for all players.
  • You can assign a custom sound for each message by using the AMX_<COMMAND>_SOUND setting.
  • You can also control whether the sender can heart this sound by using the AMX_<COMMAND>_SOUND_NOSELF setting.
  • In the [Hud Colors] section you can view and modify the color shortcuts for (D)HUD messages. These can be used by typing in the shortcut as the first character in your message, e.g. @R will send a red message.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 03-13-2021 at 14:31. Reason: Version 3.0: Full update.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
zombiesucker
Old 09-30-2015 , 07:38   Re: OciXCrom's Admin Chat
Reply With Quote #2

thanks,, Been locking for this plugin Long Ago Thank You
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2015 , 07:52   Re: OciXCrom's Admin Chat
Reply With Quote #3

The game was do dead and dark to admins, until now! This plugins brings the light and warmness lacking to server admins.

Those shortcuts are awesome!

Thank you, very much!

Last edited by addons_zz; 09-30-2015 at 13:35. Reason: Thank you, very much!
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2015 , 17:11   Re: OciXCrom's Admin Chat
Reply With Quote #4

Thank you. I'm planning to make a new version of the default admin commands, too.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 10-01-2015 at 07:15.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
vedant007
Old 10-01-2015 , 01:47   Re: OciXCrom's Admin Chat
Reply With Quote #5

Very Nice plugin & idea,too.
Send a message via Skype™ to vedant007
smiley92
Old 10-01-2015 , 04:29   Re: OciXCrom's Admin Chat
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Thank you. I'm planning to make a new version of the default admin commands too.
Nice ideea to make commands colored.I searched so long ago, but without success.

That plugin look good.We are waiting with such plug-ins.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2015 , 16:23   Re: OciXCrom's Admin Chat
Reply With Quote #7

Hi, i have this idea about a annoying thing about the DHUD and HUD, they dont show up at the client's console, so if i could not read all the message, i lost i forever, then I added one line of code to you code to print it at console too.

If you feel the same bothering, could you update the plugin to the others?

PHP Code:
359    if(dhud)
360    {
361        set_dhudmessage(g_HudValues[clr][R], g_HudValues[clr][G], g_HudValues[clr][B], g_Positions[type][X], position06.012.00.50.15)
362        show_dhudmessage(0message)
363    }
364    else
365    {
366        set_hudmessage(g_HudValues[clr][R], g_HudValues[clr][G], g_HudValues[clr][B], g_Positions[type][X], position06.012.00.50.15, -1)
367        show_hudmessage(0message)
368    }
369    client_print0print_console "%s"message 

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-01-2015 at 17:16. Reason: Actually is one line.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-02-2015 , 10:20   Re: OciXCrom's Admin Chat
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
After every change made in the .sma file, you need to compile the plugin locally and replace the plugin with the new .amxx file.
No, just check AMXX_VERSION_NUM if lower than 1.8.3. If so include the inc file, else do nothing.

Quote:
A new and improved version of the default admin chat plugin.
I did not read your code(so remember this, I am not talking about the modifications you made), but I can tell you it's a bad ideea to just take a default amxx plugin, edit and release it. You should instead make a pull request on github with your changes. This is because AMXX is updated from time to time and plugins are likely updated. This means that your plugin will be stuck in time and probably not compatible or missing new amxx version features. Take this as an example: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=27855

Last edited by HamletEagle; 10-02-2015 at 10:23.
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2015 , 13:28   Re: OciXCrom's Admin Chat
Reply With Quote #9

Sweet, my next server is gonna use this one! GJ
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2015 , 13:40   Re: OciXCrom's Admin Chat
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
No, just check AMXX_VERSION_NUM if lower than 1.8.3. If so include the inc file, else do nothing.

I did not read your code(so remember this, I am not talking about the modifications you made), but I can tell you it's a bad ideea to just take a default amxx plugin, edit and release it. You should instead make a pull request on github with your changes. This is because AMXX is updated from time to time and plugins are likely updated. This means that your plugin will be stuck in time and probably not compatible or missing new amxx version features. Take this as an example: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=27855
Lol, that example was a good plugin and went dead apparently, because there is a guy there at the thread end, complaining about it not working.

Then I have to think, why the official AMX would accept such pull request?
Because it was too good. Then go ahead OciXCrom, make the pull request if you can
I just looked quick the current adminchat.sma code there, and look like this would be a good trade.

Of course, was good too publish it here, so you and whoever will decide to accept the pull request, could see the modifications acceptance by the community. Hence, to be more precise, you could add a poll to this thread, asking if this is a AMX must default plugin. In my opinion it is.

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-02-2015 at 13:54.