Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Given the defuse is undoubted to succeed, the defuse will finish in an instant rather than
    Old 01-23-2019 , 18:27   [CS:GO/CS:S] Instant Defuse
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin will allow the CT to instantly defuse the bomb when it is undoubted to succeed. Any live molotov near the bomb or any thrown nade in the map ( I do not know nor care enough to handle calculating trajectory of nade to see if it'll reach the bomb ) will forbid instant defuse. If all dangers clear and a defuse is already running, instant defuse will auto-activate.

The command !settings will allow certain players to disable instant defuse for themselves for whatever reason they deem necessary.

Cvars:

instant_defuse_noob_margin - To prevent noobs from abusing instant defuse into knowing a defuse is impossible, a margin for the noobs exists. The formula to whether or not an instant defuse will occur is defuse will occur if (Defuse Time Left) + (Noob Margin Cvar) < OR = (Bomb Explosion Time Left). A Valve's previous update made the bomb defuse if it's supposed to both defuse and explode, therefore it's < OR = and not just <. The cvar defaults to 5.2, and setting it to 0 will allow instant defuse to always work given the defuse is capable of working. Setting to a negative value will give CT defuse hacks AKA instant defuse will be allowed even if the bomb wasn't supposed to explode, therefore you shouldn't set it to a negative value ever.

instant_defuse_pref_default - If 1, new players to the server will have auto defuse preference cookie ( the one changable in !settings ) set to enabled by default. If 0, the exact same thing but disabled by default.

The inferno cvars are meaningless for CS:S

instant_defuse_inferno_duration - Valve constant that indicates the duration of molotov. Default 7.0

instant_defuse_inferno_distance - Valve constant that indicates how far can the molotov spread + you standing as far away as possible to defuse it. Default 225.0

To do:

Make the plugin work on CS:S, which will require you to take this plugin into a CS:S server and report all errors so I know what differences to put.

DO NOT EVER PRESS GET PLUGIN AS IT WILL REMOVE UPDATER AND AUTOEXECCONFIG FUNCTIONALITIES EVEN IF YOUR SERVER HAS THE PLUGINS NEEDED.

Optional includes to properly compile the .sp:

updater.inc
    autoexecconfig.inc

Forwards if you ever need ( for example allow instant defuse only with kit etc.. ):
    Code:
    public Action InstantDefuse_OnInstantDefusePre(int client, int c4)
    // int client = The client attempting to defuse.
    // int c4 = The c4 being defused.
    // return Plugin_Continue or Plugin_Changed to allow instant defuse, Plugin_Handled or higher to stop instant defuse. Non of the parameters can be changed with Plugin_Change.

public void InstantDefuse_OnInstantDefusePost(int client, int c4)
    // int client = The client attempting to defuse.
    // int c4 = The c4 being defused.
    // return = No return
    Previous downloads: 312.

List of servers that use this ( might not work for CS:GO ): https://www.gametracker.com/search/?...l&sort=&order=

Take the plugin from the Updater github, I want to switch to github to manage issues and PRs better:

https://github.com/eyal282/Alliedmod.../InstantDefuse

Discord: Eyal282#1334

Last edited by eyal282; 08-07-2020 at 09:23.
    Technoblazed
    Old 01-23-2019 , 18:59   Re: [CS:GO] Instant Defuse
    Reply With Quote #2

Isn't this just a copy of https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2558854
    eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-23-2019 , 19:11   Re: [CS:GO] Instant Defuse
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Technoblazed View Post
    It has no bugs unlike the ones reported in the other thread and given enough assistance, mine is going to work on CS:S. Also mine accounts for living nades, which might f*** up an entire round and has a "noob margin" to prevent instant defuse from becoming a meta rather than a tool to make the game faster.

eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-26-2019 , 12:04   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Instant Defuse
    Reply With Quote #4

Now has global forwards to stop defuse ( There are WC3 servers with respawns so maybe they want to disable it until win is certain ) and supports Counter-Strike: Source.

B3none
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 01-29-2019 , 04:38   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Instant Defuse
    Reply With Quote #5

https://github.com/b3none/retakes-instadefuse

I'm gonna pull the changes, specifically the natives, through. Might as well keep it all in one place.

Last edited by B3none; 01-29-2019 at 04:40. Reason: Clarification.
    eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-29-2019 , 11:39   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Instant Defuse
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by b3none View Post
    https://github.com/b3none/retakes-instadefuse

I'm gonna pull the changes, specifically the natives, through. Might as well keep it all in one place.
    My plugin is not specified for retakes. Post yours in Allied Modders and I'll attach your retakes version. Yours is designed for retakes, mine is general.

B3none
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 02-19-2019 , 07:17   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Instant Defuse
    Reply With Quote #7

Not necessarily...? It's stereotypically used for retakes but mine can be used generally too.
    Old 02-19-2019 , 15:43   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Instant Defuse
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by b3none View Post
    Not necessarily...? It's stereotypically used for retakes but mine can be used generally too.
    The point of instant defuse is to prevent wasting precious time, your plugin forces round end if defuse is not possible, therefore no explosion and no running for your life.

Ejziponken
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 02-19-2019 , 20:39   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Instant Defuse
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
    The point of instant defuse is to prevent wasting precious time, your plugin forces round end if defuse is not possible, therefore no explosion and no running for your life.
    Which saves even more precious time?
    eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-20-2019 , 01:21   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Instant Defuse
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
    Which saves even more precious time?
    And money for the CT, changing the mechanics of the game. My plugin basically says: if you can't possibly doubt whether you'll succeed or fail, it'll be done instantly and the game will continue normal. It just saves time, not changes the mechanics or protects CT in any way.