Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Hooking Entity Spawn/Entities Created Through Other Plugins

Post New Thread Reply   

PartialCloning
Old 09-01-2016 , 12:03   Hooking Entity Spawn/Entities Created Through Other Plugins
Reply With Quote #1

I am trying to hook entity spawn of various classnames but the hook is not called for entities created by other plugins. One of the classnames is info_target, yet I can't seem to find a method to hook their creation or spawn. Is there any forward that will always fire regardless of what plugin creates it or how an entity is created?
Bad_Bud
Old 09-02-2016 , 06:26   Re: Hooking Entity Spawn/Entities Created Through Other Plugins
Reply With Quote #2

It might work if you capture one of the entities and use RegisterHamFromEntity. If that's still not working, then I would guess the entities are not necessarily calling DLLFunc_Spawn. I'm not sure if entities created by EngFunc_CreateEntity spawn automatically or not, but in the case of an info_target they may not need to, in which case you would probably want to use the broader Fakemeta forward FM_CreateEntity/NamedEntity.

Last edited by Bad_Bud; 09-02-2016 at 06:30.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-02-2016 , 07:20   Re: Hooking Entity Spawn/Entities Created Through Other Plugins
Reply With Quote #3

If they are created by AMXX, you can't use FM_CreateNamedEntity to hook that. It's the same thing as models precached by plugins not triggering FM_PrecacheModel. IIRC, if you hook them with orpheu(and you won't need to use signature of bytes, since functions are exported) it will work.