Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

CS:GO Metamod not loading

Post New Thread Reply   

pWEN
Old 09-19-2015 , 20:20   CS:GO Metamod not loading
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there. It's been a while since I've played CS:GO, but I heard about the new update with the fixed hitboxes and such, so I updated it. Then I remembered MM/SM will give me map rotation so I installed them. This is on a Windows 10 x64 machine, freshly installed, and I've never installed MM or SM on it. However, I can not get MM to run at all.

I followed the instructions, of course, so I have a folder hierarchy like this:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\addons
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\addons\metamod
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\addons\sourcemod
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\addons\metamod.vdf
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg\sourcemod
Here are the contents of my VDF, as generated by the MM website:
Code:
"Plugin"
{
	"file"	"../csgo/addons/metamod/bin/server"
}
I tried it first with MetaMod v1.10.6 and SourceMod v1.7.3 (5255), but meta was an unrecognized command. So I deleted the addons/metamod folder and replaced it with v1.10.7, but no luck. I looked up some more forum threads, and they said to use only the latest development branches, so I deleted everything and replaced it with MM v1.11.0 and SM v1.8.0 (5666). It still won't work. I haven't modified any of the files in these folders except for replacing the default VDF with the one generated from the MM website.

I tried adding the GameBin line to gameinfo.txt but that just caused CS:GO to crash on startup. I also tried changing the forward slashes to back slashes for both the VDF and the GameBin lines, but it didn't seem to make a difference (still crashed with the GameBin line, too).

Is there anything else I can try? Did that recent CS:GO update break everything again?
versatile_bfg
Veteran Member
Old 09-20-2015 , 22:06   Re: CS:GO Metamod not loading
Reply With Quote #2

Are you installing this on the server or on your own game client? To me it looks like you are trying to install it on your game client and not the game server itself?
Old 09-20-2015 , 22:32   Re: CS:GO Metamod not loading
Reply With Quote #3

Sorry, yeah, I'm doing a listen server. Just running it offline with bots on my own computer.
versatile_bfg
Veteran Member
Old 09-20-2015 , 23:09   Re: CS:GO Metamod not loading
Reply With Quote #4

https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Using_Me...Listen_Servers
Since the September 8, 2010 Patch it is necessary to add -insecure to the launch options to load third party plugins like Metamod.

The launch option must be removed again to join other (secure) servers. So for convenience it might be best to create suitable desktop short cuts.

Last edited by versatile_bfg; 09-20-2015 at 23:10.
pWEN
Old 09-21-2015 , 20:09   Re: CS:GO Metamod not loading
Reply With Quote #5

Ah, thank you, that did the trick!