Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Message when connecting to the server

Post New Thread Reply   

Doktorek282
Old 11-23-2021 , 12:08   Message when connecting to the server
Reply With Quote #1

Only CS:GO

Hello, today I will show you how to upload a text while loading the map.

Similar version from this topic only that we are interfering with the bsp of a given map.

I will describe everything point by point. I will add the txt file to the attachment.

We download the necessary tool to edit the bsp file VIDE

1. We turn on the VIDE program.

https://prnt.sc/20nohmc

2. We choose options "Packfile Lump Editor"

https://prnt.sc/20noonb

3. Then press open and select the map in which we want to make a message while loading to the server. I chose the am_aztec map.

Very important" The txt file must have the same name as the map name example "dm_aztec.bsp" "dm_aztec.txt"

4. Press add and select the file our_name.txt next we press ok. We set the location of the file /maps and press ok and save.

Now we can check if our txt file is working by dropping it into our maps folder.

Final score:

https://prnt.sc/20nt9e6

Important thing When renaming the map, we also need to rename the txt file
Attached Files
File Type: txt am_aztec.txt (1,009 Bytes, 63 views)

Last edited by Doktorek282; 11-23-2021 at 19:46.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 11-23-2021 , 19:25   Re: Message when connecting to the server
Reply With Quote #2

Assuming that a majority of people had already downloaded the original 'dm_aztec' on their computer. You would be wasting their time and disk space by forcing them to download a nearly identical map.
This will unecessarily slow down connections to your server for seemingly little benefit. Vide also has a tendancy to not always work as intended and might corrupt files.

If I discovered your server was hosting 20 identical maps I would be steering clear of that.

Last edited by Sreaper; 11-23-2021 at 19:40.
Doktorek282
Old 11-23-2021 , 19:41   Re: Message when connecting to the server
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
Assuming that a majority of people had already downloaded the original 'dm_aztec' on their computer. You would be wasting their time and disk space by forcing them to download a nearly identical map.
This will unecessarily slow down connections to your server for seemingly little benefit. Vide also has a tendancy to not always work as intended and might corrupt files.
dm_aztec is an example.

I have no problem with the files after using VIDE.

dm_aztec is an example. This can be done on any map.

Reading that understanding doesn't hurt
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 11-23-2021 , 19:47   Re: Message when connecting to the server
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktorek282 View Post
Reading that understanding doesn't hurt
If you read the entirety of my post, you would know that I wasn't just referring to dm_aztec. Did you miss the part where you are wasting everyone's time by creating nearly identical maps?
If you want to decrease your population count feel free to go that route but it's no different than servers that run an excessive amount of downloads.
It's also bad taste to edit someone elses map in any form without asking the original author.

Speaking of reading comprehension, your post has nothing to do with Sourcemod so why did you post this in the Sourcemod section?

Last edited by Sreaper; 11-23-2021 at 20:04.
Doktorek282
Old 11-23-2021 , 21:04   Re: Message when connecting to the server
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
If you read the entirety of my post, you would know that I wasn't just referring to dm_aztec. Did you miss the part where you are wasting everyone's time by creating nearly identical maps?
If you want to decrease your population count feel free to go that route but it's no different than servers that run an excessive amount of downloads.
It's also bad taste to edit someone elses map in any form without asking the original author.

Speaking of reading comprehension, your post has nothing to do with Sourcemod so why did you post this in the Sourcemod section?
Maybe let's make identical servers then each garcz will download once and properly and you will have no problem with excessive downloading of files.

Quote:
"Speaking of reading comprehension, your post has nothing to do with Sourcemod so why did you post this in the Sourcemod section?"
By accident.

Second, you don't create, but edit the map, and that's the difference.

If you have a problem with the topic to, report it and don't complain about it.

Maybe from today we will ask the creators of the toilet if we can shit because without asking it is not nice.

Quote:
If they had any problem with it, it would probably not be available on the Internet, or when the map was published, a message would have been written that the map should not be edited without the author's consent.

Last edited by Doktorek282; 11-23-2021 at 21:06.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2021 , 16:13   Re: Message when connecting to the server
Reply With Quote #6

It's a bit too late edit mapname.txt if clients have downloaded map or loosed txt file, in they own computer.
They not re-download files unless they are missing them.

Last edited by Bacardi; 11-28-2021 at 16:14.