Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

problem Fastdl

Post New Thread Reply   

DragonX12
Old 09-30-2020 , 23:50   problem Fastdl
Reply With Quote #1

hey guys i have problem with fastdl in my server its work first time second time not work i don't why if i exit game and enter my server its work again only one i have host paid and upload all file i try multifastdl not work even what i do i loose players in my server
Supremache
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2020 , 02:20   Re: problem Fastdl
Reply With Quote #2

1. Do you use infintyfree hosting ? @It's Fake Hosting
2. Do you have HD models, gfx maps ? @Alot of HD models, gfx maps will doing problem in fastdl
3. Did you tried 000webhosting ?? @I think this is best free webhosting, I used it before and working perfectly 1000 GB and faster

Bank System [Nvault - SQL Support]
VIP System
  • If you think it's that simple, then do it yourself.
DragonX12
Old 10-01-2020 , 07:29   Re: problem Fastdl
Reply With Quote #3

no i have paid hosting centos but i have a lot gfx not downloaded
its download mod first time not second time idk why maybe i have bandwidth not unlimited
i have 1000GB idk know if that enough but i think its enough for cs 1.6 so what its problem guys
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2020 , 21:29   Re: problem Fastdl
Reply With Quote #4

What do you mean by it didn't work the second time? If you already have the files, you don't need to download them again.

Also, there is a known issue where if you cancel a download (while connecting to a server) and try to reconnect to that server, it will not use the fast download URL because it thinks it failed to find it (or something).
Old 10-02-2020 , 00:08   Re: problem Fastdl
Reply With Quote #5

i have server multi mod when i change mod deathmatch to gungame fastdl not work
if you exit game and try again its work
idk what is problem

how force client use fastdl all time ?
Mankled
Old 10-02-2020 , 01:23   Re: problem Fastdl
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonX12 View Post
idk what is problem

fastdl is server side and not client, there is not way to force them. i recommend u to add all files from your mods to 1 fastdl: example, take folder models from gungame and deathmatch and put them in the same fastdl
DragonX12
Old 10-02-2020 , 06:16   Re: problem Fastdl
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankled View Post
fastdl is server side and not client, there is not way to force them. i recommend u to add all files from your mods to 1 fastdl: example, take folder models from gungame and deathmatch and put them in the same fastdl
i uploaded all mod in same fast dl

everything folder cstrike server found in my server fast dl

the problem is first time when i connect in my server its download with fast dl
but when i change mod to for example jailbreak its ignore fast dl unless you exit game and connect again in server its become download fast dl
Mankled
Old 10-02-2020 , 14:57   Re: problem Fastdl
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
i uploaded all mod in same fast dl

everything folder cstrike server found in my server fast dl

the problem is first time when i connect in my server its download with fast dl
but when i change mod to for example jailbreak its ignore fast dl unless you exit game and connect again in server its become download fast dl
Well, I was thinking here and the only way to fix it is install a plugin called "extra precache", this plugin will force players to download every files from your server when they connect for the first time. Example: if your server is in mod zombie. Players who connect to your server will download files from every mod that u have

#edit
Or you can try to create a fastdl for each mod using this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1062982 but I don't know if it's going to work. But try it

Last edited by Mankled; 10-02-2020 at 15:01.
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2020 , 19:33   Re: problem Fastdl
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supremache View Post
1. Do you use infintyfree hosting ? @It's Fake Hosting
2. Do you have HD models, gfx maps ? @Alot of HD models, gfx maps will doing problem in fastdl
3. Did you tried 000webhosting ?? @I think this is best free webhosting, I used it before and working perfectly 1000 GB and faster
Stop recommending this site. Its against their TOS for this. It's been mentioned many times on this site already.
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2020 , 22:46   Re: problem Fastdl
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Fast download is a feature implemented by the client (that's the whole point of it, not downloading files directly from the server but instead downloading from a webserver). The only thing that the server does is provide a URL for the client to use.

Quote:
Well, I was thinking here and the only way to fix it is install a plugin called "extra precache", this plugin will force players to download every files from your server when they connect for the first time. Example: if your server is in mod zombie. Players who connect to your server will download files from every mod that u have
Fast download has nothing to do with precaching.

Quote:
#edit
Or you can try to create a fastdl for each mod using this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1062982 but I don't know if it's going to work. But try it
That is not a solution to fast download not working. That is only useful for cases where you have multiple fast download web servers that have a low bandwidth. So, by switching fast download URLs, it distributes the bandwidth requirements for each of the servers.

Quote:
idk what is problem

What makes you think it's not working? Be very specific.

Note that if the client is unable to access the web server that is being used for fast download, the game will automatically connect back to the server and download directly from the server.

Has anyone else had issues on your server?

Try enabling developer on your client (developer 1) and then look through the console and see if there are any clues. At the very least, you should see the fast download URL in the console.

Last edited by fysiks; 10-02-2020 at 22:48.