Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0

Post New Thread Reply   

jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2016 , 23:23   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #131

So I managed to get non-permanent bans working. They double correctly. But permanent bans just get ignored. I have checked the IP's, and there are account I have been banning weekly that have the same IP but get ignored. Does anyone have any ideas?
MaxiMuM1441
Old 04-05-2016 , 22:19   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #132

Not working for me. People still can connect with another SteamID after they got banned

DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 04-06-2016 , 07:55   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMuM1441 View Post
Not working for me. People still can connect with another SteamID after they got banned
The new user doesn't meet the criteria for this plugin to take effect.

Some ISP's "allow" you to simply reboot your modem, then you get a new IP address. This plugin won't help be able to help you against such kind of dynamic IP addresses.

There are several lousy providers doing such, Deutsche Telekom AG is for example one of them.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2016 , 10:39   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
The new user doesn't meet the criteria for this plugin to take effect.

Some ISP's "allow" you to simply reboot your modem, then you get a new IP address. This plugin won't help be able to help you against such kind of dynamic IP addresses.

There are several lousy providers doing such, Deutsche Telekom AG is for example one of them.
No the plugin just simply doesn't work. People can get back with a new steam ID and the same IP.

I wish someone would take over fixing it.

Last edited by jpwanabe; 04-06-2016 at 10:39.
Creampuffyness
Old 04-06-2016 , 17:19   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #135

The plugin still works, but with specific criteria. This only works when a person is banned in game, and they try to reconnect with the same IP. If you do a web ban using a steamid, and someone joins from same IP but new steamid nothing happens. It's not perfect but its good for catching someone who quickly made an alt.
Old 04-06-2016 , 17:35   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwanabe View Post
I wish someone would take over fixing it.
Well, several of your other (past) requests could possibly easily be made.

Question is just, in order to make them, and make sure that they work, would you be willing to run plugins in development on your production servers to assist with the development, and making sure everything works as it should?

Well, I'm normally pretty busy with a lot of projects and therefore limited time. But I do believe I saw two or three other requests from you, which I actually thought about doing something about, just never got that far. They are quite old now though.

Main issue if I should ever assist with anything, it would be the need of "serious" testers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuffyness View Post
The plugin still works, but with specific criteria. This only works when a person is banned in game, and they try to reconnect with the same IP. If you do a web ban using a steamid, and someone joins from same IP but new steamid nothing happens. It's not perfect but its good for catching someone who quickly made an alt.
Well - maybe it's just me, but I'm somehow feeling like parts of your text could be understood in multiple ways?

If you are banning someone in-game via SourceBans, SourceBans will get both the Steam ID and IP address added to the ban details.

If you are adding a ban to SourceBans via the web panel by Steam ID, you do ALSO need to enter the correct IP address in order for SourceSleuth to be able to use this ban. If you do not add the correct IP address to the ban details, then it won't work. It won't just "automatically" detect IP addresses.

Anyway, there have been a few attachments in the past pages... Do you mind providing a link to the specific version you're currently running?

Creampuffyness
Old 04-07-2016 , 00:11   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post

Well - maybe it's just me, but I'm somehow feeling like parts of your text could be understood in multiple ways?

If you are banning someone in-game via SourceBans, SourceBans will get both the Steam ID and IP address added to the ban details.

If you are adding a ban to SourceBans via the web panel by Steam ID, you do ALSO need to enter the correct IP address in order for SourceSleuth to be able to use this ban. If you do not add the correct IP address to the ban details, then it won't work. It won't just "automatically" detect IP addresses.

Anyway, there have been a few attachments in the past pages... Do you mind providing a link to the specific version you're currently running?
From the web panel you cannot do a steamid and an IP in the same ban. When you ban from in game, you ban the steamid, and the IP is logged. There is where Sourcesleuth still works. If you are banning an IP via web panel, there is no need for sourcesleuth, because you already banned the IP.

Basically, this still works, but only when you ban someone in game, and they try to reconnect from a new steamid and the same IP.

I use the version which is currently bundled with Sourcebans++. I don't have the source, so I wont post the .smx as it would get taken down.

Sourcebans ++ https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=263735

Proof that it still works: http://imgur.com/DTozCz4

Last edited by Creampuffyness; 04-07-2016 at 00:15.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 04-07-2016 , 06:14   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #138

Quote:
From the web panel you cannot do a steamid and an IP in the same ban. When you ban from in game, you ban the steamid, and the IP is logged. There is where Sourcesleuth still works. If you are banning an IP via web panel, there is no need for sourcesleuth, because you already banned the IP.

Basically, this still works, but only when you ban someone in game, and they try to reconnect from a new steamid and the same IP.

^ If you add the IP address in that field there, the IP address will be attached to the ban in the exact same way as when people were banned in-game.

This one is from the original SourceBans though.

Quote:
I use the version which is currently bundled with Sourcebans++. I don't have the source, so I wont post the .smx as it would get taken down.
Available in the GitHub repository then. What version number does your server run at the moment?

Quote:
Unless Sarabveer removed functionality from the original SB in SB++, then it works like explained above.

Anyway, point is - unless you are ALSO adding the IP to the ban details, SourceSleuth will do nothing. If SB++ doesn't allow you do to that, then your issue should be posted towards the SB++ thread.

cinnamon
Old 08-24-2016 , 00:13   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #139

So to be clear,

If a player is permabanned in-game, sourcesleuth will work correctly?

If a player is permabanned from the webpanel with both steamID and IP, sourcesleuth will work correctly?
Kartselyanski96
Old 10-27-2016 , 22:13   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #140

I did (or atleast i think i did) some fixes and optimizations on the plugin, please test it and give any feedback. I do not take any copyright of it, just using it for my servers and trying to optimize it.
Source can be found here.

Best Regards.