[Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]

Post New Thread Reply   

RumbleFrog
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 10-20-2019 , 13:05   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongorongoro View Post
Gotta admit, I found the setup a bit confusing.

The first snag I hit was getting the Discord bot token. I'm unfamiliar with Discord bots and it wasn't immediately clear that the bot token and client secret were different things. The authentication failure error message helped me figure it out pretty quickly, but it'd be nice to explicitly outline things; something like

The second problem I ran into was not realizing that you can't use private messages to configure the bot on Discord. Unlike the first problem, I sat there scratching my head for a couple minutes; the link to your troubleshooting page is broken and the error message "Could not fetch guild: HTTP 404 Not Found, {"message": "404: Not Found", "code": 0}" was very unhelpful. I only figured it out after reading through the thread and finding someone else post this problem. It'd be appreciated if you explicitly said to control it in a text channel rather than through PM.

The last problem I had was that embeds are used to configure the server through Discord, even when SimpleMessage = true. I don't have link previews enabled, so the only thing I saw was this:

Thankfully I had problems with embeds not showing up from a silly Discord game bot before, so I figured this one out pretty quick, too. I feel like this one could be really frustrating for someone who has link previews disabled and hasn't run into this kinda thing before; ya should really mention that having link previews turned on is a requirement to set it up!

I really dislike having link previews turned on, and I'd very much appreciate a text-only way to configure the bot. Many thanks for making the messages themselves not require embeds though!

The service thingy didn't work for me either, failing with Running it inside of screen seems to work just fine.

Lastly, I'd really love ya forever if the strict reliance on MySQL was dropped. Allowing the use of PostgreSQL instead would be great. I feel like some others would appreciate something like SQLite or flat files so they didn't need to run an entire external database, too. If I knew the slightest bit of Go I'd do it myself; it brings me great pain running multiple RDBMSes — especially since it seems to only be storing configuration data. I'd be happy to help you out with testing and writing the SQL for Postgres if you'd be willing to implement the logic in the server itself. The pq library says it's compatible with the database/sql module you seem to be using?

Hopefully all my complaining doesn't discourage ya, I must admit you've made a nice little tool here! Thank ya much!
Thanks, I'll update the documentation accordingly with those suggestions. One of the reasons why I didn't go with the local file is that the official MySQL lib requires cgo linking which I wanted to avoid.

And as far as postgre, I have no idea if the schema will even align between the two, I only used mysql because it's one of the most common officials supported driver in sourcemod.
Old 10-21-2019 , 19:09   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #192

v2.1.1 is now available patching a potential data race condition that may cause crashes with the relay server.
Old 11-02-2019 , 19:39   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #193

Out of curiosity, how many users are actually accessing the table from another script? I'm debating whether to implement a database migration to local file storage.
Old 11-04-2019 , 19:40   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #194

Hi bud's.

Is it possible to run on herokuDOTcom? And How ?
Send a message via ICQ to kaldun Send a message via Skype™ to kaldun
RumbleFrog
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 11-04-2019 , 19:48   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldun View Post
Hi bud's.

Is it possible to run on herokuDOTcom? And How ?
Perhaps if you clone the source code

https://devcenter.heroku.com/article...tarted-with-go
https://www.heroku.com/go
Old 11-17-2019 , 01:51   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #196

Attempted to run this on the latest dev build along with sockets, to no avail does the server start. Got a crash dump from throttle (thanks to some members on discord), and to no avail can we figure out the issue.

Any suggestions?
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 11-17-2019 , 06:44   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
Attempted to run this on the latest dev build along with sockets, to no avail does the server start. Got a crash dump from throttle (thanks to some members on discord), and to no avail can we figure out the issue.

Any suggestions?
I've pinged you with a socket rebuild, it's also posted on the socket thread.

Last edited by RumbleFrog; 11-17-2019 at 07:30.
Lucky_luck
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-20-2019 , 11:57   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #198

Hi RumbleFrog, can it be done external mysql?
RumbleFrog
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 11-20-2019 , 12:55   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_luck View Post
Hi RumbleFrog, can it be done external mysql?
What's the difference? As long as it can connect to it, there's no difference.
Old 11-20-2019 , 13:46   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #200

ok, meci