Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

token gslt

Post New Thread Reply   

Bad Cold Man
Old 11-20-2018 , 01:17   Re: token gslt
Reply With Quote #31

Don't forgot even if IP has been (will be) banned, some of players (not all but large amount of them) can connect and play on the servers even if server has not token (yes server browser csgo works for them also).

Last edited by Bad Cold Man; 11-20-2018 at 01:18.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-20-2018 , 03:44   Re: token gslt
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triniayo View Post
IPv4 bans didn't work back then, and they wouldn't work nowadays too.
They did work, and that's why people have so much against them; less money into their own pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triniayo View Post
I'm pretty sure that they're not gonna introduce a new system. GSLT works pretty well. Everytime an account's GLST gets banned, they earn another $15 for a new account with CS:GO.
Not really $15, but whatever. Resellers often have quantity discounts and other "internal" prices.

I had plans about doing some research in regards to the GSLT system, so I grabbed a few accounts around the price of $5 / 5€. Just never got around to do anything at all, not yet, at least....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
What you're asking is that Honda introduce a system into their cars so that if one Honda runs a red light, all other Hondas are disabled, or Honda introduce a system that will brake for you if you near a red light. Yeah, it would definitely stop the running of red lights... but at what cost? I get what you're saying with GSPs, but I think it's a bit absurd to expect a service provider to make sure that their customers are following every regulation applicable.
Understood the right way, it would not be about altering a car, but about revoking the driver's license way sooner than right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfxD View Post
when they do i bans, i delete my server from cloud and reinstall it, this is a fast ip change. ip bans makes no sense...
// newest edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfxD View Post
ip bans .......it takes 2 seconds to change ip for me. delete server from gamecloud and recreate it. they need other ways instead of ip bans.
That doesn't mean IP bans doesn't make sense; this is another reason why they do make sense.

A such attitude from your cloud provider is totally wrong. They shouldn't assign a *NEW* IP addresses to customers so quickly, but simply re-assign the same old IP address, if they would do things "properly".

Doing otherwise indeed shows that is their own fault when IP bans are *eventually* affecting their "innocent customers", and just talks more for IP bans.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 11-20-2018 at 03:47.
Squallkins
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-20-2018 , 15:22   Re: token gslt
Reply With Quote #33

They simply could have changed the frequency of bans. I am not sure those token services would be able to handle bans if they were done every hour.

As for IP bans, temp IP bans can work with some changes. Introduce tokens for GSP's.

A server can either operate as a standalone (how they currently work but with IP temp bans) or as a combination of GSP and client tokens.

With GSP's they will have to be a verified business and their token needs to be specified in the command line (ideally add a cost to GSP tokens). Each violation by the client will be recorded against the GSP's token. The GSP will be able to see this information on their end (modified version of current manage tokens steam page) - specfically the IP,Port and name of the server. Once the violations reach a certain threshold for the ip:port , the IP gets temp banned. How the GSP deals with the violations is upto the GSP. With enough violations and no action by GSP, the GSP token could get banned as well.

The other thing they could have done was - instead of only invalidating tokens, they could have additionally put them on a cooldown. If a violation happens, simply put that ip:port on a temporary banned state - even a day is enough. No other tokens working for that ip:port for periods of time would have been more effective.

Last edited by Squallkins; 11-20-2018 at 15:24.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2018 , 16:12   Re: token gslt
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squallkins View Post
They simply could have changed the frequency of bans. I am not sure those token services would be able to handle bans if they were done every hour.
Yeah, I have no idea why they are done as infrequently as they currently are. It's basically a *wink wink nudge nudge* telling you that it's perfectly fine to break the rules as long as you kind of pretend not to.
RealEdan
Old 11-25-2018 , 02:32   Re: token gslt
Reply With Quote #35

If the Game Server IP's start getting banned, it would be very hard for networks to keep their players IMO.

Doesn't the History/Favorites in the server list rely on the IPv4 Address?
Old 11-25-2018 , 03:11   Re: token gslt
Reply With Quote #36

Some servers have ban scan blocking system anyway
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-25-2018 , 10:27   Re: token gslt
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealEdan View Post
If the Game Server IP's start getting banned, it would be very hard for networks to keep their players IMO.
It will be your network's own fault, if you continue to run illegitimate things that the game developer asked you 3.5 years ago to stop with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealEdan View Post
Doesn't the History/Favorites in the server list rely on the IPv4 Address?
They did in the past, however, the GSLT system was actually made (at that time, named "Game Server Accounts") to migrate favourites/history items by giving the server a specific Steam ID, just like players.

It started in TF2, but was also added to other games, and was originally made mandatory for TF2 in regards to allow servers to retrieve players from the quickplay feature of the game.

The GSLT part is simply just a name change from "Game Server Accounts" to "Game Server Login Token".

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Ilusion9
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2018 , 11:41   Re: token gslt
Reply With Quote #38

They are porting the game to source 2 (entirely). That's why they are so busy in the last month.
I think it's possible to check if the player has that skin in his inventory before changing the ent data. If there are errors in the middle of verification, then stick with the default skin.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2018 , 14:06   Re: token gslt
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilusion9 View Post
They are porting the game to source 2 (entirely). That's why they are so busy in the last month.
How do you know?
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2018 , 14:38   Re: token gslt
Reply With Quote #40

https://esportsranks.com/cs-go-source-2-what-to-expect/

There are also youtube videos.