Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

SirLamer
Old 08-23-2011 , 01:23   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #821

Just to prove I am taking this plugin seriously again (for now), here's an update on the status of things.

I have resumed development of the new version of Jukebox that I had started in March 2010. When the Mac OS update last summer broke everything, I stopped. The three main new features are:
  • Event-based triggers to cause a track or a playlist (see below) to play during an event - for now, for a person who joins the server or for everyone during a map change. The tracks for these events are specially selected as candidates to be played using a new flagging system available for each track.
  • An in-game feature-rich playlist system where users can build, edit and save their own playlists for later use. Admins can also build playlists and then nominate them to a public playlist library. I added this in response to people playing certain songs in order to compliment a certain mood or tone they want to set themselves up for. I figure people will create playlists like "fight songs" and "just chillin" and so on.
  • A number of improvements to the website side of things, including many bug fixes, clearer interface design and new features to accommodate the above additions. This does NOT include appropriate of the HTML code for use with CSS. This is largely because I wrote most of the improvements a year ago when I knew nothing about CSS - now I know just enough to get by. ;) CSS support will come later.

So anyway, all three of these are mostly ready. The events system, the last of the three to finish, was successfully tested for the first time yesterday so now I'm in the polishing up stage before release. Don't expect a release very soon, though - my work still keeps me much more busy than I was a year ago so progress will be slow, but there will be progress.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source

Last edited by SirLamer; 08-24-2011 at 22:37. Reason: Fix tag error
SirLamer
Old 08-23-2011 , 01:51   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #822

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawky72 View Post
Well I tried doing that but when I make that the motd this happens.

I have no way to scroll down, but I could click on things and it would change info. So now I wonder if my Motd is just completely broken... Any ideas/thoughts?
That looks like it's the old browser.

I think I'll have to try to figure out a way to bundle Jukebox with both the new and old versions of the media player.

Try replacing query.php in the website part with the one I have attached to this post. This is the old query.php from the last release. Does this work for you?
Attached Files
File Type: zip query.zip (2.8 KB, 114 views)

hawky72
Old 08-23-2011 , 23:58   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #823

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLamer View Post
That looks like it's the old browser.

I think I'll have to try to figure out a way to bundle Jukebox with both the new and old versions of the media player.

Try replacing query.php in the website part with the one I have attached to this post. This is the old query.php from the last release. Does this work for you?
Yes this worked. Only problem I see (which doesn't matter much to me) is the broadcast, at least thats what I think it is, doesn't do it. But people can still eavesdrop into the song.

On a side note I love the fact the song will continue to play uninterrupted when map is changing. If you need help testing on the older stuff let me know. Or even newer stuff.
SirLamer
Old 08-24-2011 , 01:43   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #824

Quote:
Only problem I see (which doesn't matter much to me) is the broadcast, at least thats what I think it is, doesn't do it. But people can still eavesdrop into the song.
Can you please explain what you mean by this? What are you doing and what result are you expecting, and what happens instead? I don't quite understand the issue that you are explaining.

hawky72
Old 08-24-2011 , 01:52   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #825

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLamer View Post
Can you please explain what you mean by this? What are you doing and what result are you expecting, and what happens instead? I don't quite understand the issue that you are explaining.
Ah I think it was a misunderstanding on my part. I thought I could have say an admin play a song to everyone. But I double checked the setting and it was a broadcast to "players" I'm assuming. The setting box cuts part of it off. So from what I can tell it fully works.

Now that thats out of the way I would like to request the ability to assign an admin a custom flag that allows them to play music to the server/players. I would also like a way (if there's not already) to attach an ftp user and pass to the website part so uploading the songs can just be done from the website. But I'm in no rush. And thanks again for making an amazing plug-in.
SirLamer
Old 08-24-2011 , 18:40   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #826

Quote:
Ah I think it was a misunderstanding on my part. I thought I could have say an admin play a song to everyone. But I double checked the setting and it was a broadcast to "players" I'm assuming. The setting box cuts part of it off. So from what I can tell it fully works.
That function is there already. Admins have to append "-all" to their "/jb" command and whatever they ultimately select will play for everyone who isn't already listening to something and hasn't opted out of the public stream via their settings. If you want to force it to play use the command "-force" instead. Sorry for the command line functions; when the plugin was young most of the controls were command line and I haven't migrated some of the admin controls to the menu yet.

Quote:
I would also like a way (if there's not already) to attach an ftp user and pass to the website part so uploading the songs can just be done from the website. But I'm in no rush. And thanks again for making an amazing plug-in.
That's a good idea but in the meantime you can put your own FTP client on your website. There is one here:
http://www.net2ftp.com/

There are limitations to uploading via a web browser so for now I haven't implemented anything official. In general I recommend using FileZilla, which makes it easy to upload large sets in one sweep.

hawky72
Old 08-24-2011 , 20:19   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #827

Ah thanks for the admin commands. And I figured as much I shall give that net2ftp site a try.

I did find a bug (or I should say some of my players). While they were listening to music it just suddenly stopped, they could stop the song and select a new song but nothing would play. They tried to map change, and reconnect to the sever. The only fix they found was to restart the game. I don't know if it was possibly because another admin was adding songs, and editing the info. But I figured it was worth a mention. Thanks again for the awesome plug-in my community is loving it.
SirLamer
Old 08-24-2011 , 20:59   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #828

I think that glitch might be a client-side issue, especially if it is happening repeatedly to the same people. If you find the pattern is more random let me know. Also let me know if you find this happens more often when the server is full or anything like that.

The media player used in your version is heavily dependent on what te client has installed on their system for activex media playback. It can vary. It might help to male sure they all have the latest version of windows media player.

hawky72
Old 08-24-2011 , 22:46   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #829

Oh ok, so far it only happened the one time (to a few people at the same time). But if it happens again I'll ask them if they are up to date on that. Thanks for the quick support.
Stutuk
Old 08-24-2011 , 23:01   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #830

Ive installed this on my server and i can tell its installed properly but theres no sound for anyone.
i put http://www.jplayer.org/latest/demo-01/ in the MOTD and it opens it up but theres no sound either. Ive got many other people to try and its the same for all.
I also tried setting chrome, firefox, IE, opera and safari to default but nothing works.

Last edited by Stutuk; 08-25-2011 at 12:00.