12% 

L4D Vote Manager 2

Post New Thread Reply   

Mattsville
Old 05-14-2010 , 17:43   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot1st View Post
It's more a case that the file doesn't appear rather than blocking access to it. I'm currently in the process of persuading them to allow a config file in there that would enable another plugin to function properly, and that's taken a while for them to even reply to my initial email. They keep telling me that they will do it, or have done, but still the file will not appear.
Can I make a suggestion that will be painful at first but will probably help dramatically?

Find a new server provider...

Seriously, I can't imagine any reason why a GSP would block users from adding .cfg files to the cfg folder. Some files like .dlls and .exe's I can understand as they can be harmful, but it sounds to me like your provider either doesn't know what they are doing or don't care that much about their customers...

If you want a recomendation, I'm with Hypernia and am really happy with them, but really there are a lot of other really decent GSP's out there to choose from too.

In the end, getting a server up and running is hard enough as it is without having to struggle with your provider as well.

Anyways that is my 2 cents.
panda82
Old 05-14-2010 , 18:39   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #462

Pls. Can anyone tell me the vote comand lines to start the return to lobby vote and change map?

Thanks!
Shoot1st
Old 05-14-2010 , 19:06   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsville View Post
Can I make a suggestion that will be painful at first but will probably help dramatically?

Find a new server provider...

Seriously, I can't imagine any reason why a GSP would block users from adding .cfg files to the cfg folder. Some files like .dlls and .exe's I can understand as they can be harmful, but it sounds to me like your provider either doesn't know what they are doing or don't care that much about their customers...

If you want a recomendation, I'm with Hypernia and am really happy with them, but really there are a lot of other really decent GSP's out there to choose from too.

In the end, getting a server up and running is hard enough as it is without having to struggle with your provider as well.

Anyways that is my 2 cents.
I agree with you Mattsville, setting up and configuring a server is tricky enough (especially when you're new to it) without the server provider being uncooperative.

I think I'm going to have to ditch my current provider and look for a better one, I'll certainly consider Hypernia so thanks for the suggestion.
Mattsville
Old 05-14-2010 , 21:34   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot1st View Post
I agree with you Mattsville, setting up and configuring a server is tricky enough (especially when you're new to it) without the server provider being uncooperative.

I think I'm going to have to ditch my current provider and look for a better one, I'll certainly consider Hypernia so thanks for the suggestion.
Ahh good, I think you will be doing yourself a big favour by switching. By all means check out Hypernia, I've been with them for awhile and am really pleased with them.

And when you do get back to trying to get this mod working, don't forget that to have vote veto and pass features you need Atomic Strykers amended plugin available from post 383 of this thread: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=383

He was kind enough to provide a fix after Valve borked the plugin in a recent update.
Mattsville
Old 05-14-2010 , 21:46   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda82 View Post
Pls. Can anyone tell me the vote comand lines to start the return to lobby vote and change map?

Thanks!
I'm not sure that this plugin does either of those. This one mostly just prevents people from calling certain votes based on an admin level AFAIK.

For return to lobby, I just use the built in vote that is in the game itself, and for the map change vote, I would use the one built in to Sourcemod, accessible by either placing "sm_votemap mapname" (Without parenthesis and put name of map in place of mapname)...

Or even easier is to start a vote with the admin menu by typing sm_admin from a console.

If you prefer to type the commands in here is a listing of common sourcemod admin commands:
http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Admin_Commands_(SourceMod)

Last edited by Mattsville; 05-14-2010 at 21:50.
Chanz
Veteran Member
Old 05-20-2010 , 18:14   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #466

I didn't look if someone already reported it but: The version is being recorded in the autoconfig. In order to prevent that behavior you could add the cvar_flag: FCVAR_DONTRECORD:
Code:
CreateConVar("l4d_votemanager2", PLUGIN_VERSION, "Version number for Vote Manager 2 Plugin", FCVAR_REPLICATED|FCVAR_NOTIFY|FCVAR_DONTRECORD);
cya

Thank you for donations: [ Paypal ]

Video Tutorial (German): [ Gameserver & SourceMod Plugins mit HLSW verwalten ]
step
Old 06-02-2010 , 08:58   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #467

Love this plugin, but noticed some things:
  • custom_vote, l4d_vote_notify_access, and l4d_vote_timeout don't work;
  • after a successful kick vote, the next successful kick vote will show the wrong nick (of the last vote);
  • no callvotes for addon campaigns;
  • no pass/veto for rematch/credits votes;
  • chat messages could be friendlier.
(I'm using this one btw)

I also noticed that there are some hidden server cvars that can be changed with sm_cvar related to this:

sv_allow_votes
sv_pz_endgame_vote_period
sv_pz_endgame_vote_post_period
sv_vote_command_delay
sv_vote_creation_timer
sv_vote_failure_timer
sv_vote_issue_change_difficulty_allowed
sv_vote_issue_change_map_later_allowed
sv_vote_issue_change_map_now_allowed
sv_vote_issue_change_mission_allowed
sv_vote_issue_kick_allowed
sv_vote_issue_restart_game_allowed
sv_vote_kick_ban_duration
sv_vote_timer_duration
marvel
BANNED
Old 06-13-2010 , 06:28   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #468

For some reason this plugin only works for me on L4D1, on L4D2 people can still mapvote and return to lobby vote, any idea?
GanjaStar
Old 06-13-2010 , 18:10   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
For some reason this plugin only works for me on L4D1, on L4D2 people can still mapvote and return to lobby vote, any idea?
you mad ea mistake somehwere. i have this plugin on my l4d 2 servers since sourcemod supprte l4d 2, and no one can vote either maps or lobby, only kick votes, as i intended.
Geppettoni
Old 06-17-2010 , 02:39   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #470

Quote:
Access cvars (use admin access levels such as “z” or “az” or ""):
What does this mean? Where can I see which level I have?

How can I manage that all players, except admins, can't vote "back to lobby" and "map change"?

Is there a way that an admin can vote for all other players wie YES or NO? Is that the veto respectively the passvote command?

Last edited by Geppettoni; 06-17-2010 at 11:10.