Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS GO] Plugins interfere with each other

Post New Thread Reply   

Kuhlimuh
Old 02-22-2018 , 13:18   [CS GO] Plugins interfere with each other
Reply With Quote #1

Hey,

First of all i apologize because this question has been asked very often (i guess), but i couldn't find an answer/solution.

I wanted to install several plugins (PUGSetup, Practice, Retake) but I don't know how to handle multiple plugins. I can install them all but they seem to be active all the time and interfere each other. They are all in the plugins folder.

My dream solution would be:

- Once a player joins either no plugin is active or Practice mod is active but all other mods can be activated via sm_admin menu (and turn the other plugin off).
- I can turn on/off each plugin in the sm_admin menu.
- Being able to use workshop maps (turn plugins off) without having to move plugins to the disabled folde

I hope anyone can help me how to make this work. I guess it's a very noobie problem but I can't seem to get it :/

thanks in advance!

Last edited by Kuhlimuh; 02-22-2018 at 13:18.
Obyboby
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2018 , 11:40   Re: [CS GO] Plugins interfere with each other
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhlimuh View Post
Hey,

First of all i apologize because this question has been asked very often (i guess), but i couldn't find an answer/solution.

I wanted to install several plugins (PUGSetup, Practice, Retake) but I don't know how to handle multiple plugins. I can install them all but they seem to be active all the time and interfere each other. They are all in the plugins folder.

My dream solution would be:

- Once a player joins either no plugin is active or Practice mod is active but all other mods can be activated via sm_admin menu (and turn the other plugin off).
- I can turn on/off each plugin in the sm_admin menu.
- Being able to use workshop maps (turn plugins off) without having to move plugins to the disabled folde

I hope anyone can help me how to make this work. I guess it's a very noobie problem but I can't seem to get it :/

thanks in advance!
If you need map specific settings, you could try Ultimate Map Chooser, which allows to set commands to be run for each map separately.
I'm thinking you could add some settings to unload specific plugins once the map is loaded...
I'm not entirely sure that's the best approach but you could check it out.
For the other questions, I'm afraid I can't help
Old 02-26-2018 , 11:45   Re: [CS GO] Plugins interfere with each other
Reply With Quote #3

You would have to write specific code for checks inside each plugin and recompile. I don't see an effective way unless you want to write your own `sm plugins load / unload <pluginname>`. Pretty sure these plugins you've specified don't really work with reloading since they have a few MapChange / RoundStart hooks and wouldn't really work the way you wanted it. You could have a try though.