Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

kot4404
Old 02-04-2017 , 08:08   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #111

When you play as infected you have instant respawn when you die, also it glitches some gamemodes like survival or holdout, it shouldn't even ask at the beggining to choose team
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-04-2017 , 10:50   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot4404 View Post
When you play as infected you have instant respawn when you die, also it glitches some gamemodes like survival or holdout, it shouldn't even ask at the beggining to choose team
Non-admins shouldn't see the choose team menu on join. They automatically go onto survivor or infected but they don't get a choice when joining the server. That menu is a menu only admins will see and they should only see it when first joining the server. Soon, I'll add a bunch of customization options and one will be to turn it off, turn it on for admins only, turn it on for everyone. I haven't gotten to the customization stage yet and it might be a while but it's on the drawing board.

I've tried survival and I can try Holdout now, but what glitches if not apparent am I looking out for?

Thanks for trying out ABM
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-04-2017 , 11:12   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #113

Fellas, version 0.1.33 brings some fixes and slight optimizations. Switching between teams in most instances should feel faster and is in fact so fast (by accident) that you can literally switch yourself if you're by yourself 100x times and the round won't even restart. That's not guaranteed but was a nice little bonus in my test.

The notable features in this release are, cycling through bots with abm-cycle 2 or abm-cycle 3 will cycle you only through the living on that team (2 for survivor, 3 for infected). This also seemed to fix an old outstanding bug that could cause you to lose a bot if you cycled fast enough (spammed cycling).

Cycling skips the dead but if you really want a dead body, use the !takeover menu option to be dead people.

I fixed a bug that could cause you to get locked into a dead body. It was a strange bug I found by accident and couldn't figure out before. Basically, if you do a join 2 and went straight into a dead body, you could find yourself locked into it and unable to escape into another survivors body. That should hopefully be fixed.

Also, ABM may have been the cause to some crashes since the server update on 01-26. I personally went from almost no crashes to 12 in a day on a single server. I've now gotten crashes to go from 12 in a day to 1 in 3 days. That's amazing and I'm sorry if ABM did truly contribute to this.

I'll paste the changelog

Code:
## [0.1.33] - 2017-03-02
### Fixed
- When someone joins a new bot is created over stuffing them into a dead body

## [0.1.32] - 2017-02-02
### Changed
- Slight optimizations all across the board
- g_AssistedSpawning now toggles its state based on humans on SI
- Cycling through bots on a team should only cycle through the living

### Fixed
- Joining survivors as a dead teammate could lock you into that dead body
- Cycling through bots fast enough can cause you to lose a bot to the ether
- More aggressive checking may have solved some crashes related to ABM
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 273 views - 66.6 KB)
File Type: smx abm.smx (36.3 KB, 135 views)
File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 132 views)
kot4404
Old 02-04-2017 , 11:40   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #114

If you choose team in holdout gamemode it spawns you in completly other place, not specified by the custom mutation
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-04-2017 , 12:38   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
If you choose team in holdout gamemode it spawns you in completly other place, not specified by the custom mutation
I only had 3 Hold Out campaigns to choose from
  • Diescraper Redux 3.6
  • Hold Out Challenge
  • Hold Out Training (this one broke)

I tried coming in as a survivor on the first two and I spawned correctly. The last one broke as both survivor and infected but there are two very quick and easy fixes for this. Either get into the game with a non-admin and you'll spawn in the right location or bind "sm_cvar mp_restartgame 1" to a key. That command in the blink of an eye will restart the map and spawn you in the correct location.

That menu is something only admins see and admins will only see it once on joining the server (not between map changes, changelevels, etc). Allowing admins to customize this behavior is still on the drawing board. Thanks for bringing this to my attention
Xanaguy
Old 02-04-2017 , 19:32   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
. Also, you can force bots to go to the generator by using CommandABot.
That's a plugin? Do you have a link for it?
kot4404
Old 02-06-2017 , 10:34   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #117

Also, is the ghost tank available in every gamemode? Or only when you join infected in non versus mode? I think it is a bit op for the infected and should be enabled with cvars only
The cvar for the auto takeover menu on death would be nice too

Last edited by kot4404; 02-06-2017 at 11:20.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-06-2017 , 16:22   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
Also, is the ghost tank available in every gamemode? Or only when you join infected in non versus mode? I think it is a bit op for the infected and should be enabled with cvars only
The cvar for the auto takeover menu on death would be nice too
The Tank should be available in all modes even PvP (Vs and Scavenge) but when it comes to PvP the only thing ABM tries to do is distribute more than 8+ players evenly across teams and even then ABM leaves the spawning of SI completely up to the game (I try not to interfere in competitive modes so you won't ghost back in immediately).

I may have overlooked some things when it comes to competitive modes (I just don't play competitive anymore) but the code should be there to support it.

The auto-takeover menu was at one point available when you were Infected but it was so noisy, it got a bit ridiculous. Even though it worked perfectly and you'd see a 600 health Charger on the menu, selecting him would in most cases put you into his dead body (I mean he just died. literally right now).

As an admin, you do have access to Cycling (e.g., abm-cycle 2, abm-cycle 3) which is a much better way to take over survivor and infected. The downside is you don't get to choose what to come in as but the upside is you should always take over what's alive on the team.

I'm gonna spend the next few days polishing up another plugin. I want to test it for a bit and watch the logs before uploading.

I'll get to customizing in due time, I promise
enviousarm
Old 02-07-2017 , 15:25   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #119

Hello NgBUCKWANGS, I love your ABM modification, i've been using it since version 0.12, however it always crashed at random times, I've also tried out your 0.133 version which is the latest as of the time im typing this, and it still crashes.

I've taken out all other plugins and customizations, and tested it in a vanilla build and it still crashes randomly, im running this under a linux server.

So I don't know what to say, or how to fix this, is there any-way I can report the logs to you or something so you can take a look at it and fix it?

If so, how do I get the ABM logs, and where does ABM store the logs, and what other logs do you need?

Add me in Steam if possible it'll make it easier for us to communicate. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990717445/ if my friends list is full just leave a comment there.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-07-2017 , 16:25   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousarm View Post
Hello NgBUCKWANGS, I love your ABM modification, i've been using it since version 0.12, however it always crashed at random times, I've also tried out your 0.133 version which is the latest as of the time im typing this, and it still crashes.

I've taken out all other plugins and customizations, and tested it in a vanilla build and it still crashes randomly, im running this under a linux server.

So I don't know what to say, or how to fix this, is there any-way I can report the logs to you or something so you can take a look at it and fix it?

If so, how do I get the ABM logs, and where does ABM store the logs, and what other logs do you need?

Add me in Steam if possible it'll make it easier for us to communicate. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990717445/ if my friends list is full just leave a comment there.
Thanks for trying it out

I'm sorry if ABM is really causes crashes for you. The most important log I can figure out will be at path like this left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/logs/ . You're looking for logs that start with "errors_". Look into the latest log and see if abm.smx is causing any problems. Whether you see something in there regarding abm.smx or not, can you also please try figuring out the pattern that may cause a crash? Random is almost impossible to fix but if you're onto something and can provide me some steps to make it crash, I'll be psyched to look into it and I'll most likely be able to fix it.

I'll friend ya and we'll see together if we can figure it out but if worse comes to worse please try Asherkin's Accelerator. Do not post any links from your crashes here as I'm not sure how to read them but you can post those links (sensitive information will be removed) over at the SourceMod server section.

The abm_loglevel cvar is mostly used to help with development and not for debugging crashes. I'm afraid the only time it becomes helpful is when you can reliably reproduce a crash. If you can reliably reproduce a crash, walk me through the steps and I should be able to figure it out.