Post New Thread Reply   

vodka00
Veteran Member
Old 05-19-2013 , 22:34   Re: [Any] Admin Player Grabber - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl0n View Post
I'm having so much fun with this plugin. LOL. Thanks for making it
Indeed. Good plugin, it is a lot of fun, lmao.

cw speedruns:
salsav91
Old 06-05-2013 , 11:52   Re: [Any] Admin Player Grabber - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #12

I definitely love this plugins, provides hours of mindless fun.

I was wondering though if you could add a player collision system that can cause damage. Like if I was to throw a player at another player opposite of his team, they will hit each other and cause a predetermined amount of damage. I think that would be over the top in funny.

Check out my pony animations. http://www.youtube.com/salsav91
Smarmy
Old 06-06-2013 , 00:19   Re: [Any] Admin Player Grabber - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #13

Can you make this so that it allows you to do it while in spec?
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2013 , 13:16   Re: [Any] Admin Player Grabber - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarmy View Post
Can you make this so that it allows you to do it while in spec?
change here in grab_toggle command:

if(client && IsClientInGame(client) && IsPlayerAlive(client) && CheckCommandAccess(client, "admin_grab", ADMFLAG_SLAY))

to

if(client && IsClientInGame(client) && CheckCommandAccess(client, "admin_grab", ADMFLAG_SLAY))

that should do what you want
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-16-2013 , 01:18   Re: [Any] Admin Player Grabber - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #15

This reminds me very much of the Physgun in Gmod, and how DarkRP server owners use it to corral griefers.

This will come in handy. Great work! I can't tell if it has sounds because my sound is off, but here's what I'd love to see:

1. Gmod Physgun sounds for grabbing/letting go/shooting players (they're shared source sounds, so no DL's required)
2. Some kind of beam effect similar to the phys gun that connects the admin to the player when the admin grabs a player, and it should move around where the admin moves the player. Once the admin drops/shoots the player, beam goes away.
3. Custom beam colors using some sort of config file that reads Steam ID's (or admin flags) and gives different beam colors per Steam ID/admin flag?

If it had those 3 things (or just #1 and #2), this plugin would be AWESOME.

Oh, also, when a player is grabbed, I'd add a CVAR that can be turned on/off, and while on, the grabbed player would be able to be pulled through walls, and I know some idle maps and such use trigger_hurt functions to deal large amounts of damage, so also grant god mode along with the "noclip" wall-phasing. Once dropped, player can't phase through walls and loses god mode. Of course, I suppose the admin could toggle noclip & godmode onto the player before dragging them to an admin area.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 06-16-2013 at 01:21.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2013 , 06:01   Re: [Any] Admin Player Grabber - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
This reminds me very much of the Physgun in Gmod, and how DarkRP server owners use it to corral griefers.

This will come in handy. Great work! I can't tell if it has sounds because my sound is off, but here's what I'd love to see:

1. Gmod Physgun sounds for grabbing/letting go/shooting players (they're shared source sounds, so no DL's required)
2. Some kind of beam effect similar to the phys gun that connects the admin to the player when the admin grabs a player, and it should move around where the admin moves the player. Once the admin drops/shoots the player, beam goes away.
3. Custom beam colors using some sort of config file that reads Steam ID's (or admin flags) and gives different beam colors per Steam ID/admin flag?

If it had those 3 things (or just #1 and #2), this plugin would be AWESOME.

Oh, also, when a player is grabbed, I'd add a CVAR that can be turned on/off, and while on, the grabbed player would be able to be pulled through walls, and I know some idle maps and such use trigger_hurt functions to deal large amounts of damage, so also grant god mode along with the "noclip" wall-phasing. Once dropped, player can't phase through walls and loses god mode. Of course, I suppose the admin could toggle noclip & godmode onto the player before dragging them to an admin area.
Tis not possible to make fluid beams work properly for all games.
in tf2 it's possible to do things like use the medigun/dispenser heal beam and attach it to the 2 players. There are already custom grab sounds, but they change depending on the game (tf/other). I didn't want to add extra entities/other stuff. The plugin is designed to be simple/lightweight and work with (most) games. I think it does anyways, but I only have/work with tf2. If it doesn't, people should let me know so I can look into it and try to get it to work with others
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-16-2013 , 12:49   Re: [Any] Admin Player Grabber - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Tis not possible to make fluid beams work properly for all games.
in tf2 it's possible to do things like use the medigun/dispenser heal beam and attach it to the 2 players. There are already custom grab sounds, but they change depending on the game (tf/other). I didn't want to add extra entities/other stuff. The plugin is designed to be simple/lightweight and work with (most) games. I think it does anyways, but I only have/work with tf2. If it doesn't, people should let me know so I can look into it and try to get it to work with others
Ahh, I had a feeling the fluid beams wouldn't work.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-20-2013 , 23:29   Re: [Any] Admin Player Grabber - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #18

Any possibility of adding some form of "CanUserTarget" to the grab command? I'm getting sick of my admins being able to grab me, even though I have higher immunity than them all.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2013 , 16:17   Re: [Any] Admin Player Grabber - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #19

mabye, but then how would you grab eachother and fly around?
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-21-2013 , 17:45   Re: [Any] Admin Player Grabber - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
mabye, but then how would you grab eachother and fly around?
Obviously admins can grab players, I just don't want them grabbing me (trust me, they all gang up and grab me)