Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

disconnect81
Old 06-04-2008 , 20:46   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Does anyone happen to have the older versions? I would like to try installing the old ones then upgrading to the latest. I cant find an archive anywhere though
XARIUS
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-04-2008 , 21:04   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnect81 View Post
Does anyone happen to have the older versions? I would like to try installing the old ones then upgrading to the latest. I cant find an archive anywhere though
Why not just install the latest one? A few posts back, I give a solution for the installation error most people run into.
disconnect81
Old 06-04-2008 , 21:54   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARIUS View Post
Why not just install the latest one? A few posts back, I give a solution for the installation error most people run into.
I tried the suggestion of removing the line 16, I just end up with a blank homepage. So, I thought I would try to just install the old one and upgrade to this one.. and people who are doing upgrades dont seem to be reporting this issue....
XARIUS
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-04-2008 , 22:23   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

I had blank/white page installation issues myself. Wound up being because my PHP version was old/out of date. Maybe something to check!
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-05-2008 , 07:23   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARIUS View Post
If your database already has a lastvisit column, you should be just fine. Remove the line anyway. There's an alter table statement for 'lastvisit' at the bottom of the script. I haven't looked into why this error is occuring, all I know is that that's the line causing it.

SO should i import my sourcebans sql database (with over 700 bans) before or after install?
disconnect81
Old 06-05-2008 , 07:39   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

MySQL version 5.0.45-community
PHP version 5.2.5
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 06-05-2008 , 08:13   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

For testing, I installed SB yesterday and it worked fine afterwards when I removed that line. That was the same PHP version and MySQL 5.0.51a. I doubt the MySQL version would make a difference. So I would recommend trying to install again from scratch, if it doesn't work then I'm not sure what's wrong.

@nelioneil: I'm not sure what you're trying to do. If you already had SB running then why are you doing a fresh install? If you backed up the database and it's from an old version (more specific, the version that still had the sb_banhistory table), you will not be able to import it again. You will have to have the old version and run the update scripts to upgrade to the new version.

Last edited by DJ Tsunami; 06-05-2008 at 08:18.
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-05-2008 , 08:22   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

I have 14 tables in my database, and i dont see a sb_banhistory table. I backed up because i messed up with previous update scripts so i did a fresh install and want to re-import my current one. Also in the old version, for some reason when i banned of the server, it wouldnt go on the website, and that happened suddenly in last 2 weeks or so. Before it was perfect

EDIT: Sorry it does have the banhistory thing, just checked the actual sql file, though its not in the database. So i take it i need an older version. Last ban was on 26th may so thats when the admin panel and ban function to website stopped working for me

Last edited by Nolongerinthegame; 06-05-2008 at 08:31.
disconnect81
Old 06-05-2008 , 10:38   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
For testing, I installed SB yesterday and it worked fine afterwards when I removed that line. That was the same PHP version and MySQL 5.0.51a. I doubt the MySQL version would make a difference. So I would recommend trying to install again from scratch, if it doesn't work then I'm not sure what's wrong.
Did as you suggested, complete reinstall.. even re-uploaded all of the files. Same results though...
disconnect81
Old 06-05-2008 , 10:40   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Oh snap, I think I know what is causing it. themes_c needs to be 777, I had it 766. I changed it to 777 and everything came to life. This might be worth trying if youre having this problem.

Now, if I could only get it to successfully connect to the db, id be all set lol

Last edited by disconnect81; 06-05-2008 at 11:20.
Closed Thread