Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

CS:GO GiveNamedItem Econ

Post New Thread Reply   

Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-18-2014 , 16:51   Re: CS:GO GiveNamedItem Econ
Reply With Quote #11

Never mind, apparently the item servers were down so skins weren't working with or without the extension

My bad!
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2014 , 20:32   Re: CS:GO GiveNamedItem Econ
Reply With Quote #12

I'm getting the follow error on a windows server.

[GNI] Failed to GetItemSchema location
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 03-18-2014 , 23:11   Re: CS:GO GiveNamedItem Econ
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
I'm getting the follow error on a windows server.

[GNI] Failed to GetItemSchema location
Oops sorry about that, grab the newest download. For reference the newest gamedata will always be available here : https://bitbucket.org/Drifter321/cs-...item.games.txt
klexen
Old 03-19-2014 , 04:24   Re: CS:GO GiveNamedItem Econ
Reply With Quote #14

With Deathmatch plugins you can choose either an m4a1 or m4a4 regardless of loadout slot. Would this block people from receiving the right gun if it's not in their current loadout?

Very cool idea! Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: It does block the opposite M4 when playing Deathmatch and also if you let your players choose custom knives it blocks that as well because it's not in your loadout.

Also after using Deathmatch with fast weapon equip, the delay weapon swap seems to take forever. If these issues could be avoided somehow, I would love this extension so much. This addresses a huge issue I have with DM servers.

Note: This extension did work fine on a linux server.

Last edited by klexen; 03-19-2014 at 04:52.
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 03-19-2014 , 08:54   Re: CS:GO GiveNamedItem Econ
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by klexen View Post
With Deathmatch plugins you can choose either an m4a1 or m4a4 regardless of loadout slot. Would this block people from receiving the right gun if it's not in their current loadout?

Very cool idea! Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: It does block the opposite M4 when playing Deathmatch and also if you let your players choose custom knives it blocks that as well because it's not in your loadout.

Also after using Deathmatch with fast weapon equip, the delay weapon swap seems to take forever. If these issues could be avoided somehow, I would love this extension so much. This addresses a huge issue I have with DM servers.

Note: This extension did work fine on a linux server.
The aim was so that plugins didnt have to add the other options they would select there preferred one in loadout. Example you could add "M4" to the deathmatch menu, then when the player selected it would give the m4 they want (m4a1 or m4a4). It was to simplify how that worked if you wanted something else you would simply change your loadout.

For custom knives I assume you are using a plugin to give them to players. I will think about adding a forward so that you can override the loadout stuff.

I have no idea what fast weapon equip is and I dont see how this would change it. This simply changes the weapon before its given. Nothing else.
klexen
Old 03-19-2014 , 13:38   Re: CS:GO GiveNamedItem Econ
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr!fter View Post
The aim was so that plugins didnt have to add the other options they would select there preferred one in loadout. Example you could add "M4" to the deathmatch menu, then when the player selected it would give the m4 they want (m4a1 or m4a4). It was to simplify how that worked if you wanted something else you would simply change your loadout.

For custom knives I assume you are using a plugin to give them to players. I will think about adding a forward so that you can override the loadout stuff.

I have no idea what fast weapon equip is and I dont see how this would change it. This simply changes the weapon before its given. Nothing else.
It would be really cool if you could add something to override the loadout stuff.

The "Fast Switch" feature I'm talking about is used in this Deathmatch plugin.

Here is what the function looks like:

Code:
stock players_FastSwitch(clientIndex, weaponId)
{
    new sequence = 0;

if (weaponId == g_iPlayers_WeaponIndex_M4a1S)
        sequence = 1;

SetEntData(clientIndex, g_iPlayers_NextAttackOffset, GetGameTime());

SetEntData(GetEntDataEnt2(clientIndex, g_iPlayers_ViewModelOffset), g_iPlayers_ViewModel_SequenceOffset, sequence);
}

Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 03-19-2014 , 13:50   Re: CS:GO GiveNamedItem Econ
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:

Just to clarify what i meant by "override the loadout stuff" Is to allow using the loadout or not. If I dont clear that up Im sure I would get more pm's about changing skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klexen View Post
It would be really cool if you could add something to override the loadout stuff.

The "Fast Switch" feature I'm talking about is used in this Deathmatch plugin.

Here is what the function looks like:

Code:
stock players_FastSwitch(clientIndex, weaponId)
{
    new sequence = 0;

if (weaponId == g_iPlayers_WeaponIndex_M4a1S)
        sequence = 1;

SetEntData(clientIndex, g_iPlayers_NextAttackOffset, GetGameTime());

SetEntData(GetEntDataEnt2(clientIndex, g_iPlayers_ViewModelOffset), g_iPlayers_ViewModel_SequenceOffset, sequence);
}
Its not related to this extension, idk if its not calling it or what but, telling the author of the plugin is a better option. All this does is check if a loadout exists if not it grabs the players loadout and uses it when giving the item.

Last edited by Dr!fter; 03-19-2014 at 13:51.
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-20-2014 , 00:01   Re: CS:GO GiveNamedItem Econ
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Also I am not sure if stattrak stuff works but should.
I've had this up for a day now and I don't seem to be accruing any Stattrak kills on my weapons, can anyone else confirm this?
PresidentEvil
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-21-2014 , 19:25   Re: CS:GO GiveNamedItem Econ
Reply With Quote #19

so if I pick up a stock weapon, it will give me the weapon with a skin(if I have a skin for that gun)?
Old 03-26-2014 , 21:26   Re: CS:GO GiveNamedItem Econ
Reply With Quote #20

Causing server crash on linux after latest csgo update.

Last edited by tigerox; 03-26-2014 at 21:26.